2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I think what's happened is fascinating and id love to find a study or conduct one. 

My hypothesis is that the American people got tired of the cookie cutter Nikki Haley types who are just empty shells assigned to a party who have no personal ideology or platform and are just doing what they do for power and noteriety. 

They want to believe that people are fully invested in what they want to accomplish which leads to extremist views and conviction with the speaking. The problem is it's hard to take extremist views seriously right now when it involves reversing clear progress that's been made vs progress that we still want to make. 

I don't think the Democratic platform is one filled with extremism, but there are some aspects that are "too progressive" for some. It's just easier for someone like Kamala to come in the scene and seem like she genuinely gives a shit. 

The songs both sides have been singing for decades have become worn out and ring hollow. Dishonesty hollowed out the GOP songs and, evidently, gets them tuned out by most as soon as the intro starts. Basic out-of-touchness by the Dem leadership aged and hollowed their songs about the threat to medicare and the lukewarm statements about real, current problems such as climate, medical care, and being a good ally. (I hate the way the Dems never found a riposte for "the world is laughing at us." I'd love to see an ad quoting Trump over and over as we see him crowd the queen, toss a fellow head of state aside, get scolded by the European allies, salute a N. Korean general, and consult with fucking Vlad Putin.)

One side found a new, vigorous voice that maintains Democratic themes but applies them enthusiastically to things people care about. This voice is bright, honest, and in-tune.

The other sticks to the old formula which worked so well to drum up hard core support through shameless and dishonest hate mongering. The hate addicts are still down for it, but they're not getting as many people to try out the cult as they used to. 

You're right. The American people were tired of blah-blah-blah, but what was the alternative? Now there is one.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

mr blutarski…

the R strategy isn’t how to win over black voters, it turn into how to throw out their votes / keep them at home on Election Day. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

He looks like a Confederate General who got demoted because Lee found out he was fucking a couch during the Battle of Chancelorsville while the men under his command accidentally shot Stonewall Jackson.

he was the guy blowing guys at night, not sure if you need a confederate rank for that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

I'm not sure that Trump is capable of having a woman as a running mate. JD was picked because Trump knows that he won't be disloyal in a critical moment for him like Pence was. I don't think there's any way that Trump can feel confident about Nikki Haley protecting him similarly. And what other woman could it possibly be from the the Republicans?

image.png.b310d79dadc151a0abce2d2321fb402d.png

Where have you gone, Phyllis Schlafly? 

Republicans turn their lonely eyes to you. 

Woo woo woo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

that's literally how the tax system already works.  guess he's never bothered working through his own 1040 before. or he's too dumb to understand some of the most simple things about personal income taxes.

I guess those child tax credits I’ve been receiving don’t actually affect my taxes owed?  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

So it appears Tucker is mostly to blame, err thank, for dipshit’s selection of JD Vance as VP.

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/trump-has-tucker-carlson-to-blame-for-the-abject-disaster-of-selecting-jd-vance-as-his-running-mate/

No, he only has himself to blame.  but bigly, alpha tough guy won’t take any responsibility. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

2 hours ago, immamac said:

JD Vance isnt going to resign. Losing ruins his political career but resigning makes it over immediately with no possibility of winning. 

I don't know if he'll resign, but he might want to stay away from balconies and high-rise windows for a while.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

International Scout game is strong. 

Baby Hat GIF

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The very first problem is making potato salad with mayonnaise instead of mustard

Truth! Mayo sucks. Not to interrupt the politics with potatoes (spelled correctly) but Paris is putting on a stunning show right now for Olympics. Carry on with the couch fucking! The visuals from Paris ceremony are fucking lit, like JD’s chances of remaining on the ticket. 

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He looks like a Confederate General who got demoted because Lee found out he was fucking a couch during the Battle of Chancelorsville while the men under his command accidentally shot Stonewall Jackson.

And I thought the couch fucking thing was getting worn out. Wrongo.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

RE: Trump trying to counter with a female VP.  This year, it just isn't going to work. Any female associated with Trump is a female associated with the Supremes, removing abortion access, everything.  They are saddled with that no matter what they say. 

The only positive a female brings Trump in 2024 is the fact they probably haven't known any couches or other furniture biblically.

After all the shit they've spewed about Kamala being a DEI hire, then to turn around and kick out Vance for a woman?  MAGA heads would explode.  Of course they don't give a shit about the hypocrisy, but the 60% of America not in the cult will take notice.  Then you're basically in a situation where once again the VP candidate adds NOTHING to the ticket.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/24/2024 at 1:05 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

How many Jewish votes does Harris lose by picking a gentile? How many Muslim votes does she lose by picking a Jew? Which number is bigger?

I did a dumb by thinking total votes / popular votes nationwide vs state by state / electoral college, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Truth! Mayo sucks. Not to interrupt the politics with potatoes (spelled correctly) but Paris is putting on a stunning show right now for Olympics. Carry on with the couch fucking! The visuals from Paris ceremony are fucking lit, like JD’s chances of remaining on the ticket. 

Mayo has a time and a place. I eat Halal Guys shawarma and they douse that shit with mayo and it's so fucking good. But mayo does not go in potato salad.

22 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

He looks like a pudgy staff officer who roots through the men's packages from home to protect them from contraband cookies.

I beat the ever living shit out of a fellow private for stealing my care package in basic. Art. 15 was totally worth it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Trump would never pick

A woman

A person of color (or even with a name ending in a non silent vowel or a z)

A white man who is clearly younger and in better shape or taller than him 

Not many going to fit those criteria

Edited by Sawbonz
Fucking autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

CDC Abortion Surveillance and Maternity Morality Reporting …..

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.96f0251ba2d9a393fa15e2aa59f20e02.jpeg

The new dept attached to the cdc.

‘Miscarriage management’  sure sounds harmless, like they want to help women get over having a miscarriage ?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I could very easily see Trump picking a woman, then acting like his VP was his personal stewardess. Expect his VP to make him coffee, get him mcdonalds, maybe blow him a little. That sort of thing.

He'll call Les Moonves and see if he can get a recommendation for somebody good

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I could very easily see Trump picking a woman, then acting like his VP was his personal stewardess. Expect his VP to make him coffee, get him mcdonalds, maybe blow him a little. That sort of thing.

trump - Look at my vp, very nice figure and smart. I Know how to pick them !

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

He probably thought that’s what secretary of the interior was for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, add "making phrenology a thing again" to the pile of "dude...these people are fucking WEIRD."

Um

did you not read The Scarlett Letter?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1