2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

I don't know if he'll resign, but he might want to stay away from balconies and high-rise windows for a while.

Also, those pesky Russian GRU maintained door knobs.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump would never pick

A woman

A person of color (or even with a name ending in a non silent vowel or a z)

A white man who is clearly younger and in better shape or taller than him 

Not many going to fit those criteria

I am very much waffling on the idea of Vance being replaced on the Trump ticket.

That would have the orange clown admitting he made a mistake or that HE ALONE didn't make that choice.  OR, would he then try to throw his "advisors" under the bus?  This close to the DNC & election, is that the chaos the GQP wants?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ROFL BOX said:

I am very much waffling on the idea of Vance being replaced on the Trump ticket.

That would have the orange clown admitting he made a mistake or that HE ALONE didn't make that choice.  OR, would he then try to throw his "advisors" under the bus?  This close to the DNC & election, is that the chaos the GQP wants?

He would just blame it on somebody else. He doesn't care about protecting anyone but himself. Don't overthink it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Do you think Trump gave a second thought to all those cabinet members he fired years ago?  Cabinet members that he chose?  Shit, he doubles down and calls them losers or whatever.  His followers don't care.  As for chaos within the GOP, they have lived with it since 2015, and the GOP is now a wholly-owned subsidary of Trump Organization at this point.  It's whatever Donnie wants, fuck polling, feelings, whatever.  And if Don feels that JD is too much of a liability, he would pull the ripcord as late as September.  It's not going to cost him any votes; he didn't gain votes from naming JD, nor would he lose any if he were replaced.  It's Trump 24/7.  The VP is just for show. 

Trump could call JD up this afternoon and tell him to resign for health reasons, or some other made up thing.  It doesn't make a shit to Trump.  And JD will gladly do it, with tears in his eyes, because MAGA.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Not only is Doug’s ex wife all for Kamala, he himself seems cool as hell

Presidential nominee asks her husband "where were you, I need you?"  And his answer is...."I was in spin class with my gay friends, and then we stopped for a latte"....that's about as 2024 moment as can actually occur.

Also, that sequence of events will lock in my wife's vote for Kamala, 100%.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Dude that's like a bad highschool class president campaign video lol

was the loveseat added in?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Presidential nominee asks her husband "where were you, I need you?"  And his answer is...."I was in spin class with my gay friends, and then we stopped for a latte"....that's about as 2024 moment as can actually occur.

Also, that sequence of events will lock in my wife's vote for Kamala, 100%.

what kind of a weirdo leaves his phone in the car for extended amounts of time?

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He would just blame it on somebody else. He doesn't care about protecting anyone but himself. Don't overthink it. 

Reportedly Don Jr. was one of Vance’s most vocal advocates for his selection as Trump’s running mate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Little confused - I'd say RFK is "third party" and not sure how Trump is not a "charismatic challenger" but Joe needs to get his ass going and get that ceasefire done to flip Key #11

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

image.thumb.png.e6b13000cd825274e1d2755e074915e7.png

I fucking LOVE That people have figured out how to spot these bots on X/Reddit and figured out how to out them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Notice how Trump's upswing directly corresponds to Biden's downswing since June.

I fully expect Trump's to start heading down again post-DNC. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Was about to say, don't we have a child tax CREDIT.  Now I think it is kind of dumb it is at its least valuable when a kid tends to get the most expensive but I get the whole 18, technically adult, no "requirement to go to college" thing so that's a discussion for another thread BUT yea people who have kids do get a tax benefit over an equally positioned person without kids.  What a moron.  

Tax credit and 50% bigger standard deduction to reduce taxable income, and then a tax rate that is lower after credits and deductions (ex: 50k taxable income $614 lower taxes for head of household vs single, and another $123 lower of married filing jointly).

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Apparently the Vance fucking a couch thing is real and was in his book prior to 2016. There are some screen shots floating around the TikToks. It would be interesting to see a pre2016 copy.

Putting that in your bio novel is as gratuituous and stupid as Noem putting in the doggocide.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

20 minutes from the new Fox News polls, the last ones were:

Trump +1 (49-48) over Biden and hypothetically Trump +1 (49-48) over Harris
Trump +3 in the three-way (44-41-10) with Biden and RFK
Trump 44/56 favorability
Biden 40/60
RFK 42/51

These were the post-debate polls, so will be interesting to see the shift.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Man, if Vance does have to drop out it will be poetic justice for yet another hypocritical shitbag who sold out his principles to grasp power through the snake oil of MAGA. And Junior will look yet again like dumb Fredo we all know him to be. 

It’s really amazing to watch. Several of my colleagues are former law school classmates of JD. Most of them say he was a pretty generic, dweeby but harmless guy at YLS. You never know what’s lurking underneath. 

On the other hand, they’ve all described his wife as “soulless” even back then, so seems like a match made in heaven.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, babysdaddy said:

so this captures post assassination attempt and kamala at head of ticket?

Today's will, yes.

And another to throw on the pile -

Commonwealth Foundation (basically PA's version of TPPF) has Harris +1 (and Casey +11)

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Today's will, yes.

And another to throw on the pile -

Commonwealth Foundation (basically PA's version of TPPF) has Harris +1 (and Casey +11)

Again, I call bullshit.  If Casey is +11, there is no way Harris is +1.

• Hook 'Em 1