2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

43 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

what kind of a weirdo leaves his phone in the car for extended amounts of time?

Maybe someone who is well-adjusted and doesn't want to be interrupted or distracted for an hour or two.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

WTF is this "brat" bullshit?  I have no idea what this means. 

“You’re just like that girl who is a little messy and likes to party and maybe says some dumb things sometimes. Who feels herself but maybe also has a breakdown. But kind of like, parties through it, is very honest, very blunt. A little bit volatile. Like, does dumb things. But it’s brat. You’re brat. That’s brat,” she said in the video.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Not a chance it's Whitmer

She took herself out of it a while ago.  And that's fine - she's a co-chair of the campaign and she's awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

i have no fucking idea what you're trying to convey.  I'm more confused than I was before. 

Brat is just the name of the new album of pop star Charlie XCX. The pop star tweeted "Kamala IS brat" and then Kamala's team ran with it on social media.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Little confused - I'd say RFK is "third party" and not sure how Trump is not a "charismatic challenger" but Joe needs to get his ass going and get that ceasefire done to flip Key #11

I fucking LOVE That people have figured out how to spot these bots on X/Reddit and figured out how to out them. 

But it had a blue check! Must be legit right????

28 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Where in the FUCK has this democratic party been for the last 8 years??

NO FUCKING SHIT.  FOR FUCKING REAL.

27 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

finally dems showing up and on the offensive, calling him weak and tired. Hit him where it causes rage.

whoever let Pete lose on tv is a genius and perfect timing.

And this.  This new "okay, we're going to fucking fight back now" Democratic party is something, and I'm here for it.

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well, I mean, I have a lot on my plate, but since she practically called me out by name.....I'll see what I can do.  I'd like to go ahead and request that we stock some cheap beer and pork rinds in the Navy Mess....policymaking is thirsty and hungry work.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Who am I?  Why am I here?

CSB; a couple of years after that, my mother was seated at a dinner next to Stockdale.  She said he was sharp and was a great and witty conversationalist.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

i have no fucking idea what you're trying to convey.  I'm more confused than I was before. 

I admit I don't get it. Sounds like they're describing the embarrassing sloppy drunk freshmen chicks who walk around west campus their first week of school loudly yelling "We get to start over, nobody knows who we are here!" who gets put on academic probation their first semester because they can't handle their liquor. But I guess that's a complement these days, so fuck yeah.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/harris-erases-trumps-lead-wsj-poll-finds-e286144d?mod=mhp

The presidential race between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump is essentially tied, according to a new Wall Street Journal poll that shows heightened support for her among nonwhite voters and dramatically increased enthusiasm about the campaign among Democrats.

The former president leads the current vice president 49% to 47% in a two-person matchup, but that is within the margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. Trump held a six-point lead earlier this month over President Biden, before he exited the race and backed Harris.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

WTF is this "brat" bullshit?  I have no idea what this means. 

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

If you don’t know what the “Apple” dance trend is on TikTok you needn’t concern yourself with it. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I thought radical republicans said shootings are just the price we pay for freedoms in America?

Can I call you a perverted, disingenuous cunt instead?

I'd rather do that.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I admit I don't get it. Sounds like they're describing the embarrassing sloppy drunk freshmen chicks who walk around west campus their first week of school loudly yelling "We get to start over, nobody knows who we are here!" who gets put on academic probation their first semester because they can't handle their liquor. But I guess that's a complement these days, so fuck yeah.

Those girls were my wheelhouse.

8 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Lol it sort of boils down to an embrace of authenticity and confidence in oneself, flaws and all. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lol it sort of boils down to an embrace of authenticity and confidence in oneself, flaws and all. 

If that's the vibe and what people think about it, then more the power to them. I'm just saying that quote description was like "she may be drunk, and she may be dumb, and she may be sloppy, and she may be dumb... that's brat." I kept reading it waiting for the turn like "but she's real" or some vapid shit, but it never came in that quote.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WE don’t actually know anything. We are all speculating. 

And I'm good with it because it keeps the press guessing and the Dems and Kamala in the news, instead of listening to Donald DuFu throw dung at the wall to see what sticks.  He's still doing it but nobody cares.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I thought radical republicans said shootings are just the price we pay for freedoms in America?

We thought about prayed about it but have since moved on, just like all of the school shootings.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's not a single straight man on planet earth that would know that

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, but they shot at a *white man* this time.

You can't compare that to a bunch of brown kids in Uvalde getting shot.  They were probably illegals here to rape our white wives with their fentanyl cocks anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1