2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 hours ago, CTC2 said:

IMG_0088.jpeg

Just came here to post this from my Insta feed.  Any the narrator in my clip is afraid people will miss it and it will fly under the radar.  I don't think so .. . .

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

3 things I would like to see someone pose to Trump:

”Donald, please recite your favorite prayer or bible verse.”

”Donald, please tell us the names of your grandchildren.”

“Donald, please describe what an Allen wrench looks like.”

His response for your first question goes exactly how you'd expect

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Out of all the insane, nonsensical, racist, sexist bullshit that guy vomits from his mouth on a daily basis, you would think the dictator talk is something all Americans could rally around to finally end him. The fact that it doesn't is absolutely crazy to me. Literally the least American thing you could even suggest. Who are the real Patriots here? We already know the answer.

"Oh he just says stuff. You can't take him literally." 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

12 hours ago, Red Five said:

This has been done to death, but never like this. Imagine if Obama said “Just vote me in and you’ll never have to vote again. Oh and by the way I’m not actually Christian.”

I'd stay away from that one because I hear him saying, "I'mmaahh a Christian."  Focus on that, and there is room for doubt. I wouldn't choose, as Dem strategy, to claim ground I'll have to defend. He'll get the question from others. He'll say what I wrote above, and I'd let it go to get to this:

There is no room for doubt in his promise that "you won't have to vote ever again and everything will be fixed."  I'd claim that ground and attack putting him on the defensive. He offers opportunities like this all the time. Just because it doesn't fit the CNN/TV News template for covering an election like a horse race, doesn't mean you can't break that template by hammering, hammering, hammering.

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Honestly it's fear of backlash. Which means we're already not a nation of laws. We're a nation of fee fees. This election is not to keep us on the right track, it's to give us hope of getting back to it. 

Soooo, you're looking to make America Great Again? 

5 hours ago, Constant said:

Trump Talks Cryptically About Future Elections’

It needs to be the #1 story of the day, but it won’t. 

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

If-and that's a big if--there is a debate between Harris & Trump that needs to be question #1 by the hosts. They likely wouldn't have the brains/balls to ask him to clarify that statement, but I DO have faith that Kamala would corner him and hammer away with his owns words throughout the debate. 

This gets back to my weird deal about the TV news media. They've largely become quote services.

Dickhead A says this. A few other Dickheads say this about that. Let's go to the panel.

They do not frame a story with attention to what's vital. I think many Dems, for awhile including me, expected these incompetents to express what is going on in the big picture. It's too dangerous for them to report what they observe (pussies) and not in the templates unless it's a war or mass murder. They follow quotes.

Trump produces attacks and quotes constantly which are picked up by Wolf and the boys at CNN who ask Dems and their precious panels to disprove the remarks. Who is on the offensive and who on the defensive? The girls on MSNBC (and a couple of dudes. They're even white!) do a great job in covering and analyzing the real story, but they're despicable libs who are all clearly DEI hires who weren't good-looking enough to rise at Roger Aile's FOX.

The Dems coming into the spotlight now get it. They launch attacks by quoting Trump which means the cycle could become that Trump and MAGA appear on TV trying to explain things brought up by Dems that should have always been on the front burner for TV journalists. 

I feel like this will playout, at least public discourse-wise, like the Nazis gearing up everything for the final assault on Moscow but being smashed by an attack from Russian forces bolstered by Siberian battalians who were fresh, veteran, and well equipped.

This stops here.

I don't know how the silly Electoral College will work out, but I believe we will see a surge in Dem enthusiasm (No shit, Roma) and young enlistment in their (our) ranks.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

Yep. A justification for everything.

What an incredible superpower. You can say whatever batshit crazy thought enters your head, and tens of millions of people will still vote for you. For president. 

Contrast that to Biden. The second that debate was over, virtually the entire democratic party was like "holy shit, we've got to get this dude off the ticket." 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, tx ind said:

The never have to vote again is at least on the front page of CNN right now, I think that's gonna be discussed heavily in the coming days.

They're likely being influenced by the fact that there are a lot of quotes about it, but I'll tip my hat if they adapt to the actual story more swiftly than I anticipated.

7 minutes ago, tx ind said:

The never have to vote again is at least on the front page of CNN right now, I think that's gonna be discussed heavily in the coming days.

I wonder what the spin is going to be. "Oh what he really meant was _____".

I'm not sure what other meaning there could possibly be. 

2 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Imagine the guy in a tan suit saying “don’t vote, you won’t have to vote anymore after 4 years…after I fix it”

During his first term, "He won't leave office" was a big deal with the Rush crowd. Turns out that was an early every accusation is a confession.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My guess is the “never have to vote again” line is probably why a handful of radical Republicans are trying to change the narrative asking Kamala to condemn the opening ceremony of the Olympics which isn’t even in America. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I wonder what the spin is going to be. "Oh what he really meant was _____".

I'm not sure what other meaning there could possibly be. 

During his first term, "He won't leave office" was a big deal with the Rush crowd. Turns out that was an early every accusation is a confession.

I’ve already seen the spin. “He meant you just have to vote for him to get back into office and then he doesn’t need you anymore - he was speaking to irregular/non voters”

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I’ve already seen the spin. “He meant you just have to vote for him to get back into office and then he doesn’t need you anymore - he was speaking to irregular/non voters”

I mean that may have been the case and he was just too dumb to phrase it in a way that couldn't be interperted as despotic - same with the windmill clip, for all I know it was what passes for comedy on the right and trying to mock people that think climate change is real - I just don't care. Hammer it hammer it, hammer it.

• Hook 'Em 3

55 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Just came here to post this from my Insta feed.  Any the narrator in my clip is afraid people will miss it and it will fly under the radar.  I don't think so .. . .

At the debate should there be one:

Holy shit, Donald.

image.png.fb7898b57d0037844d8a3caa4204f34f.png

What is that under your chin? Ewwww. I'm sorry. Are you okay? Can that thing be removed? Is that Silly Putty? I'm concerned about you.

It will cost him the aesthete vote for sure. Also anyone with a gag reflex.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

My guess is the “never have to vote again” line is probably why a handful of radical Republicans are trying to change the narrative asking Kamala to condemn the opening ceremony of the Olympics which isn’t even in America. 

I've missed this. I watched the ceremony and thought it was spectacular. How were my feeling supposedly hurt?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why would any candidate for any office anywhere tell people to stop voting? I mean, it's Trump, so I guess it makes sense that he can't see past himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean that may have been the case and he was just too dumb to phrase it in a way that couldn't be interperted as despotic - same with the windmill clip, for all I know it was what passes for comedy on the right and trying to mock people that think climate change is real - I just don't care. Hammer it hammer it, hammer it.

As with JD Vance, make the son of a bitch deny it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I've missed this. I watched the ceremony and thought it was spectacular. How were my feeling supposedly hurt?

People being meanies to their beloved Russia? Saying nice things about lots of brown people? France is a democracy? They are trying to ruin America but suddenly realize there are happy people in other countries, too?

Who fucking knows anymore? And who cares? Fuck every Republican.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Lots of drag queens (and I mean A LOT of drag queens), which I thought was cool. 

They are really upset at the drag queens acting out the last supper. That put it over the edge for them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lots of drag queens (and I mean A LOT of drag queens), which I thought was cool. 

They are really upset at the drag queens acting out the last supper. That put it over the edge for them. 

Man that sounds rad

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This.  I don't care if he didn't mean what he said (and I believe he meant every word) -- HE SAID IT.  Add it to the list:

-- dictatorship

-- Roe v Wade

-- Project 2025

-- January 6 insurrection

-- 34 felony convictions

-- found to have committed sexual assault in court and held liable

-- refused to return classified documents

-- tried to get GA SOS to commit election fraud

-- etc.

Drive every point home, 24/7.  Bury this fucker.  Get out the vote.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Apparently Elon is making deep fakes of Kamala now…

It’s making the rounds on twitter

Also—the radical right is making a really big deal about Kamala “not being Black” and keeps complaining that she’s not Black so why do people keep saying that It’s unclear why that is a talking point for them and what they believe that is supposed to accomplish. 

• Rage+1 3

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I had to return to my desk to work and missed that part. I expected the Lady Gaga number to be a drag show prior to us seeing any faces. It would have been great. Gaga was great, anyway.

@Brisketexan was the first I heard saying "cruelty is our brand." We know whom he meant. Outraged intolerance also fits in there.

I usually don't watch opening ceremonies because they're slow with walking athletes and annoying with the constant drone of announcers spewing needless facts and detail.

My beloved coaxed me to watch with her at lunchtime. Using the river was a fabulous idea to start with. Add all the spectacle and nice mix of new and old, my jaw dropped about every 4 minutes when Coke was sponsoring commercial free. Celine singing from the tower at the end was so very powerful, and she is basically never on my radar.

The French set a very high mark. I'm not surprised, they do so many things well that we often scorn just because it's French. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This.  I don't care if he didn't mean what he said (and I believe he meant every word) -- HE SAID IT.  Add it to the list:

-- dictatorship

-- Roe v Wade

-- Project 2025

-- January 6 insurrection

-- 34 felony convictions

-- found to have committed sexual assault in court and held liable

-- refused to return classified documents

-- tried to get GA SOS to commit election fraud

-- etc.

Drive every point home, 24/7.  Bury this fucker.  Get out the vote.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

dfk-defikingdoms.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

This is the same justification dudes who can’t pull use for getting with ugly girls. Which is fine. Old uglies need love too. 

Dudes who can't pull high value women make posts like this  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Also—the radical right is making a really big deal about Kamala “not being Black” and keeps complaining that she’s not Black so why do people keep saying that It’s unclear why that is a talking point for them and what they believe that is supposed to accomplish. 

Get ready for the word quadroon. 

Why are bleks even voting for her? She's not even a quadroon!

It's like Aggies pointing to the day they opened their doors as proof that they are indeed big brother. They're idiots who just don't get it. 

It's not the fucking DNA. It's that she does, indeed, get it for persons of color.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Schrödinger’s cat of blackness. She’s both too black for the white people and not black enough for the black people, according to the GOP

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So Trump told them they won't have to vote.  The only damage control spin I can even possibly imagine (even though his whole "we will fix it" part makes even this real tough) is "oh he just meant that he won't be able to run again".  To which the obvious response would be "oh so a former President who wants the job again doesn't really give a shit about what happens to the country when it doesn't involve him?"

It's all bullshit, he meant exactly what he said,  but that's what I can see coming and it will be up to folks to be critical thinkers enough to come to that second conclusion. The media isn't going to be helpful and I won't hold my breath.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

There’s some buzz about Haley replacing Vance. 

It will be funny watching that "Haley voters against Trump" PAC campaign against Haley, who I think is suing that PAC already?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, that was a Big Damn Deal yesterday on Local Talk Radio. Several callers in a listening area from Cullman down to Chilton County declared they will boycott the Olympics. I am not sure the French realize this yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

There’s some buzz about Haley replacing Vance. 

From where? The internets?

Bolton was on CNN last night and he thinks Vance won’t get replaced. I 

• Hook 'Em 2