2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Also don’t really get the point on doubling down the prosecutor experience (Shapiro/Cooper) when Harris has that credential. The executive experience is more important. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, safe sex said:

PSA: 50% of people with an STI don't experience any symptoms. If you are sexually active with more than one partner, you should get tested every three months (or sooner if you start experiencing symptoms). 

And get on PrEP for Christ sakes!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, Tuco said:

But, it's not like it'd be the first time Trump has thrown a hand-selected appointee under the bus.  It's kind of his go-to move.  AG, cheifs of staffs, sec of defense.. A Scaramouch is now a measurement of time.  He nearly got his last VP executed.  It's never a sign of weakness.  It's never a mistake on his part.  It's always "I gave him an opportunity...tried to save him from being a complete loser..and he failed me."  And the cultists don't blink an eye.  

I have no idea what will happen in this election cycle.  The simulation has gone berserk.  But I wouldn't cite Trump admitting a mistake as part of the reasoning, because no matter what he will never admit a mistake. 

Firing cabinet secretaries after you’re elected is not the same as firing your VP choice 2 weeks after your convention.  Voters already put Trump in when he fired all those people within 4 years. Vance was his big 2024 decision to voters to show his judgment and he failed.

All the anti-Vance republicans blaming Eric and Don Jr. is a good way to show Trump is listening to the wrong people. 

(And count me in as thinking IF he dumped Vance, it’s Burgum, because now the money is evening out with Harris’ huge haul).

But hell yes on making Scott tap dance for master some more and get humiliated again 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I had a friend who believed old people couldn’t get STDs….like it was impossible.

I no longer associate with that friend.

Probably because that friend believed old people don't have S to get the TDs.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Harris campaign has all the demographics and numbers and stats, and hopefully the expertise to make that best VP pick. But whoever that VP is, I want him or her selected because of their ability to get Harris elected - and not because we assume she will be elected and want a stronger Senate chance.

100% agreed.  Secondary issues are just that, secondary.

Speaking of, look at age:  Harris, Walz and Kelly were all born in 1964.  Shapiro is almost a decade younger.  IF one were try to craft a long-term strategy for gaining and holding the Oval Office, he might be the best choice.  (I'm not advocating for this, it's way too high risk to play into the calculus, but politicos gonna do what they do, and someone has surely brought this up.)

27 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Why is  everyone concerned w walz’s age? That’s what a 60 yo man who doesn’t shave his head or get plugs/dye his hair,  and use Botox / fillers looks like. 

I'm 61, have a (nearly) full head of black hair with a little snow on the temples, and I wouldn't touch botox or fillers.  Am I a unicorn?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm 61, have a (nearly) full head of black hair with a little snow on the temples, and I wouldn't touch botox or fillers.  Am I a unicorn?

Yes if you also have a smooth forehead and minimal laugh lines and marionette lines

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Haha 1

Firing cabinet secretaries after you’re elected is not the same as firing your VP choice 2 weeks after your convention.  Voters already put Trump in when he fired all those people within 4 years. Vance was his big 2024 decision to voters to show his judgment and he failed.
All the anti-Vance republicans blaming Eric and Don Jr. is a good way to show Trump is listening to the wrong people. 
(And count me in as thinking IF he dumped Vance, it’s Burgum, because now the money is evening out with Harris’ huge haul).
But hell yes on making Scott tap dance for master some more and get humiliated again 

Definitely, but do you think that Trump 1) appreciates the difference between firing a SoD and firing a VP a few weeks after the convention; 2) perceives any kind of personal fault for doing so?

Your argument is logical and reasoned, which is why it is irrelevant to what Trump might do.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Where has this Democratic Party been all my life?

FIGHT

Feels like the Dems have gone in cycles 

Clinton was cool

Gore/Kerry were boring 

Obama was cool

Hillary/Biden were boring 

Kamala is cool 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

It was very French and awesome.

So I never watch Opening Ceremonies, but after looking at this apparently Gojira fucking played it with a bunch of headless Marie Antoinettes singing in the background. This is my kind of party.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beshear is great and has the highest Glenn Powell Score of all the top names, but he isn't getting booked as much on TV for some reason.

If we cross him off, then I'm on team Walz. Only thing I worry about is what a Fusion GPS op could dig up on him (really, this applies to any of the names). Anyone who has worked at a high school or with young men for an extended time could have an unsavory skeleton or two that could be spun by right wingers. So whomever on Kamala's team is vetting these guys better do an excellent job at it because the last thing we need is a scandal.

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Clinton was cool

Gore/Kerry were boring 

Obama was cool

Kamala is cool 

Gore/Kerry were a beating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Little bit of a bone to pick with this -

I’m not sure how you can say Beshear (elected in 2019 as governor) is not ready for prime time but Shapiro seemingly is (governor since 2022)? I think both should be “high risk/high reward - ready for prime time?”

Walz and Beshear have both been governors since 2019. Walz was in the House of Reps before that.

Walz and Kelly are the two with the most national experience (Senate and Rep). Walz, Beshear and Cooper have the most executive experience (6.5 years as governor, 5.5 years as governor, 8.5 years as governor, respectively)

Shapiro and Pete (god love him) are probably the least experienced for the position - 2 years as governor and mayor/cabinet secretary (not one of the big ones) 

Walz gives you national legislative experience, executive experience, military background, he was a teacher and he’s backed up the talk with the walk. Like someone said, he looks like your favorite Uncle, and not in a Tim Kaine way, but a comfortable way. 

The other thing is that if media appearances have been any bit of an audition, Walz, Pete and Beshear have knocked it out of the park. Haven’t seen much from Cooper or Kelly on TV. 

Always bringing the knowledge. 

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Clinton was cool

Gore/Kerry were boring 

Obama was cool

Kamala is cool 

Kamala isn’t cool if we are being honest.  She has nowhere near the charisma of Barack or Bill.  What’s fuckin cool is the unity we are seeing behind her.  She is cool by proxy.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

Kamala isn’t cool if we are being honest.  She has nowhere near the charisma of Barack or Bill.  What’s fuckin cool is the unity we are seeing behind her.  She is cool by proxy.

Oh, she passes the “would you like to hang out and have a drink with him/her” test.  I’ll bet she’s a fucking gas.

• Hook 'Em 7

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gotta think there’s a non zero chance those people are going to get a Molotov cocktail thrown in them. 

read the article about the guys from the villages that ran and won county board seats to fight unfair fees  

they’re lucky to be alive, and the state would have covered it up 

https://theintercept.com/2023/02/05/ron-desantis-florida-villages-oren-miller/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You sound absolutely Faaaaabuloooouuus!

image.jpeg.813b7a096fd0ee7a51154f0d556df64f.jpeg

• Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’d like to know this answer as well…

The secret plan is they have Sidney Powell on retainer and have already booked prime press conference real estate at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Definitely, but do you think that Trump 1) appreciates the difference between firing a SoD and firing a VP a few weeks after the convention; 2) perceives any kind of personal fault for doing so?

Your argument is logical and reasoned, which is why it is irrelevant to what Trump might do.

Check:Vance comes out of the closet in an attempt to secure LBGT support

Checkmate: Kamala counters by announcing Pete as her running mate
  • Haha 1