2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I'm not seeing how term limits are a solution to the SCOTUS problem we're currently facing. It will still be a crap shoot about who is in office when the term is up, and the electoral college is still problematic because only republicans can win the office without the popular vote. Not to mention that confirmation lies with the Senate, which is also unfairly gives small red states way too much power. I think it's also a legitimate concern that the amendment could never, ever, in a million years pass the states. It would be another line of attack in 2028 that Biden/Kamala/Dems "lied" by not implementing term limits for SCOTUS-remember, most voters are morons and don't see the nuance of putting it out there vs. getting it passed, and have no understanding about the limits of presidential powers (a problem that has driven me crazy for decades when it comes to presidential campaigns). I think it would be far more feasible and effective to add seats to the court, because that can be done if you win Congress and doesn't require an amendment to the constitution. It's also very much justified after Moscow Mitch literally stole a pick from Obama. 

Why not both?

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yup, this is what I'm talking about, completely missing the point. It's not a "war on weird," it's pointing out a very particular form of weird that is truly bizarre and creepy as fuck. Pretty much everyone gets the context, but I knew there would be something like this from the far left. I noticed their already mixing it in with words like "bizarre" and "creepy" which I think is the right way to keep it at the forefront, because it appears to be working.

Man, I can pretty much guarantee you a twitter bluecheck account isn't far left. That's just some guy looking to stir shit up for attention.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That’s said, I wouldn’t put it past the Dems to straight up fumble the ball somehow on this Hail Mary they seem to have caught.

Edited by jimmyjazz

15 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

lol, 2 factor authentication has broken the brains of so many people. 

🤦‍♂️ Don't get me started.

I run a large team of software developers, and you wouldn't believe what issues some of our very bright (if not a bit older) developers have with this. It is fucking embarrassing sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Coach Walz talking a little ball at Vikings training camp last year.  (sorry, won't embed. got to click on the link below) 

Good stuff. Obv very knowledgeable about football and follows the game. Only negative...he speaks highly of Trev Alberts :)

Love this line: "You live with yourself. You do the best you can, you prepare the best you can, you listen and surround yourself with good folks. You try the best to execute and then you take responsibility when something goes wrong."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Except for when he was the NSA in his administration lol

Yeah, he's just being a bitch because he got neutered by Trump and now no one in the GQP gives a single shit about what John Bolton thinks about anything. He's on the outside. 

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Radical republicans are paying rappers to promote the “Kamala isn’t black” narrative and to not vote for her.

The problem is these are the shittiest of shit rappers and they are getting massacred by everyone regardless of race in the replies.

They’re so bad at everything. It’s truly mind boggling.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Makes sense that being called weird is upsetting many republicans. Any group can be triggered and act like a snowflake, and republican men can easily fall into that trap. I know lifetime Bud Light drinkers, who are also Republican voters, who stopped drinking it because Kid Rock told them that it made them aligned with the transgender community.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Radical republicans are paying rappers to promote the “Kamala isn’t black” narrative and to not vote for her.

The problem is these are the shittiest of shit rappers and they are getting massacred by everyone regardless of race in the replies.

Republicans have always been horrible about getting any entertainer to help with their messaging. Almost always it's a has-been or never-was that needs the money. They obviously get some known names but it usually decades after they were relevant. They even struggle to get current country stars to show up for them, even though you know some of them support the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

if you were trying to reinforce the 'we're quite weird' meme, feeling compelled to defend 16 old's right to work with ammonia is a good start.

There are certainly things that need to be prohibited.  Throwing used cardboard into a safety interlocked carboard bailer and pushing the green start button is on the opposite end of the spectrum for example.  

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

if you were trying to reinforce the 'we're quite weird' meme, feeling compelled to defend 16 old's right to work with ammonia is a good start.

get rid of the illegals and make it legal for 12 year old AMERICANS to pick avocados for $6 an hour cash. 

Probably Project 2025

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It's probably been mentioned before, but this is fucking bizarre as fuck, beyond the obvious part, but that he specifically mentions as her value being a mom, consistent with Project 2025 in which a woman's worth is solely to pump out children and serve her husband. It's beyond weird, its gross as fuck.

image.png.4ed232b87c2d252499ac9a1aaec5daa5.png

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

There are certainly things that need to be prohibited.  Throwing used cardboard into a safety interlocked carboard bailer and pushing the green start button is on the opposite end of the spectrum for example.  

"the children yearn for the warehouses" - Incredulity, probably

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, royiv said:

At least in the state of Texas, every ballot has the signature of the Presiding Judge of that polling location on it. It’s either hand signed by the PJ or stamped. Source: me, who is an election worker in Harris County.

Yeah, look into the situation wherever you’re voting. (Better yet, volunteer to be a poll worker!) It’s impossible to say where 3 putt’s FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW anonymous tweet came from.

In Ohio most ballots are cast electronically. There will be a blank ballot card that is printed up at the voting kiosk and then fed into a ballot reader to tabulate the votes. Voters may request a paper ballot that they can mark up by hand if they choose. Those are fed into the ballot reader as well. A provisional voter must fill out a paper ballot and we mark those with a big “X” in the upper left corner to prevent them from being read by the machine. Those votes are processed by hand because they need to be verified first whether they’re legal or not.

Here, nobody writes anything on your blank ballot card when you’re checking in. Nobody checks your party affiliation, either, and since the coming election isn’t a primary, no one will have a reason to request either a Republican or a Democratic ballot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Radical republicans 

I hope there's a full team dedicated to making sure that Marc E. Elias is tan, rested, and ready come November. There's a decent argument that he's the most important person in the country this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

I guess y'all don't remember the Democratic response after the last election.

Yeah, but hopefully this is new democratic party that is willing to fight for little things like democracy. But no doubt Garland's plan would be to seriously start looking into this in 2026.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

45 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I mean, we could write some pieces like that on Trump's pastor.  He's the most Christian president we've ever had, a darling of the evangelical Christians who want to bring White Jesus's dominion to these United States.  So, let's see what Devout Christian Donald Trump's long-time pastor has to say....

lost-john-travolta.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, but hopefully this is new democratic party that is willing to fight for little things like democracy. But no doubt Garland's plan would be to seriously start looking into this in 2026.

They did that last time. Remember?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

They did that last time. Remember?

Yeah, lawyers crushed it and saved our asses. I'm surprised they ever stopped letting us know about it. 

But I'm sure they're already logging 18 hour days gearing up for this shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what are you referring to specifically? you keep putting out generalities and making people guess and it's fucking annoying. please say what you mean. thank you.

They successfully rebutted the challenges to the 2020 election. I have no reason to think they won't do the same thing in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess y'all don't remember the Democratic response after the last election.

I want to be optimistic and say this is what the Kamala version of the Democratic Party can bring that Joe Biden wouldn't allow. Joe played it safe and tried not to offend people. You have to see the Trump people for what they are. The middle is there but MAGA is not. They are stuck in their cult and it will take years to undo that like how it is with Qanon people. So hit them back and stop just taking shots thinking people will see through it. It should not be unreasonable that a candidate like Trump should be highly unpopular. So why is he even a realistic option after all he did and all he says. Start pointing out the hypocrisy. This is what I was hoping for when I said Biden should step aside. He can't counter this stuff like she and her team can. 

Hell I wish Kamala's people would co-opt the MAGA label with MALA. Make America Laugh Again. Easy way to counter the stupid trope that a woman can't be president if she laughs. America should be a happy nation. Not a nation of angry assholes like Trump. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5