2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess y'all don't remember the Democratic response after the last election.

I want to be optimistic and say this is what the Kamala version of the Democratic Party can bring that Joe Biden wouldn't allow. Joe played it safe and tried not to offend people. You have to see the Trump people for what they are. The middle is there but MAGA is not. They are stuck in their cult and it will take years to undo that like how it is with Qanon people. So hit them back and stop just taking shots thinking people will see through it. It should not be unreasonable that a candidate like Trump should be highly unpopular. So why is he even a realistic option after all he did and all he says. Start pointing out the hypocrisy. This is what I was hoping for when I said Biden should step aside. He can't counter this stuff like she and her team can. 

Hell I wish Kamala's people would co-opt the MAGA label with MALA. Make America Laugh Again. Easy way to counter the stupid trope that a woman can't be president if she laughs. America should be a happy nation. Not a nation of angry assholes like Trump. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what are you referring to specifically? you keep putting out generalities and making people guess and it's fucking annoying. please say what you mean. thank you.

The Democratic party may fuck around with certain things, but not having bad ass election attorneys on the fucking ready ain't one of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They successfully rebutted the challenges to the 2020 election. I have no reason to think they won't do the same thing in 2024.

thank you - the way you were phrasing things it seemed something much more nefarious. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The Democratic party may fuck around with certain things, but not having bad ass election attorneys on the fucking ready ain't one of them.

agreed. and I think the pubs are in an even less advantageous position as before.  they don't have the element of (relative) surprise and they have been telling everyone for the last 4 years exactly how they plan to do it again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, G650 said:

Did people really forget how bad Elias torched the MAGA lawyers already

I didn't.  They got torched in court everywhere and even SCOTUS didn't bother trying to save Trump.  1-60 record.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

thank you - the way you were phrasing things it seemed something much more nefarious. 

agreed. and I think the pubs are in an even less advantageous position as before.  they don't have the element of (relative) surprise and they have been telling everyone for the last 4 years exactly how they plan to do it again.

They also don’t have the presidency or vice presidency to threaten with or break rules and dare scotus to rebuke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I didn't.  They got torched in court everywhere and even SCOTUS didn't bother trying to save Trump.  1-60 record.

Yeah, well......the court has changed over the past 4 years.  Nothing would surprise me now.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah, well......the court has changed over the past 4 years.  Nothing would surprise me now.

Meh, same Trump sycophants shitheads in the Supreme Court. But even they can only do so much when they're handed literal garbage that's been laughed out of every courtroom up to that point.

• Hook 'Em 1

Radical republicans 

This is absolutely going to happen. Get ready for it. The chess board is going to be thrown in the floor in a very coordinated and aggressive way. Trump was just shooting from the hip in 2020. But now all these fucksticks are emboldened and have had time to out their wacky plans in place.

The radical right indeed.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Threshold to challenge slate of electors was raised to 1/5 of the House (87) and 1/5 of the Senate (20)

Your list is encouraging overall but this particular one is a joke.  There are 20 Tuberville Johnson Hawley Cruzs easy.  And there isn't a 90+ IQ in the entire house.

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Your list is encouraging overall but this particular one is a joke.  There are 20 Tuberville Johnson Hawley Cruzs easy.  And there isn't a 90+ IQ in the entire house.

Well excuse me, I didn't write the law! 

Gonna be super weird to watch JD Vance sign to every single challenge during certification

Edited by Js1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And as I keep saying - 

Arizona flipped to having a Dem Gov and Dem AG and kept a Dem SOS
Wisconsin's supreme court flipped to Dem majority
PA's supreme court is 5-2 Dem
MI's supreme court is 4-3 Dem (and the GOP Chief Justice is hated by the state party)
NV kept its Dem SOS and AG and the Court is Dem-leaning (technically nonpartisan judges)
GA gov and SOS are not friends of Trump, that's for sure.

Also don't forget the Electoral Count Reform Act:

• State governor, unless otherwise noted in state law, is the only one who can submit the slate of electors
  • Expedited judicial review for election lawsuits to a three-judge panel and only available for candidates
  • Threshold to challenge slate of electors was raised to 1/5 of the House (87) and 1/5 of the Senate (20)
  • States can no longer declare a "failed election" (struck an archaic 1845 law) to override the popular vote

I truly hope the optimism is justified and well-founded.  

The flip side of that is that there were a ton of city/county/precint/state/whatever-level Republican election officials who were actually trying to do a fair and honest job in 2020, and there are probably hundreds of those that have now been replaced by facts-don't-matter MAGA lunatics who don't give a fuck about administrating a fair and honest election.  

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And as I keep saying - 

Arizona flipped to having a Dem Gov and Dem AG and kept a Dem SOS
Wisconsin's supreme court flipped to Dem majority
PA's supreme court is 5-2 Dem
MI's supreme court is 4-3 Dem (and the GOP Chief Justice is hated by the state party)
NV kept its Dem SOS and AG and the Court is Dem-leaning (technically nonpartisan judges)
GA gov and SOS are not friends of Trump, that's for sure.

Also don't forget the Electoral Count Reform Act:

• State governor, unless otherwise noted in state law, is the only one who can submit the slate of electors
  • Expedited judicial review for election lawsuits to a three-judge panel and only available for candidates
  • Threshold to challenge slate of electors was raised to 1/5 of the House (87) and 1/5 of the Senate (20)
  • States can no longer declare a "failed election" (struck an archaic 1845 law) to override the popular vote

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

"the children yearn for the warehouses" - Incredulity, probably

No, I think society would be better served with education and career options that don’t infantilize 17 year olds.  YMMV 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

image.png.d4969a6854c30f39d418852a58733893.png

They had to go a long way to find something only remotely connected to Harris. Radical pastor, whom they quote:

image.png.563b156b3f070b4633c0dca7e6e49ed7.png

There can be little question about the evil in that.

image.png.77a27c5875003ca9f2075577556e8418.png

Cover the ears of the children!

image.png.e35b64f517eae074595b057b43d2e0f7.png

Here at the Free Beacon, we never editorialize in a news story!

image.png.1c5905d22c40daad7fe85b940fe0f1fe.png

First, you set up my reaction for me.

Then you present the crime of asking a legit question even though the taste in his timing is questionable. He questioned Holy America.

image.png.8760aeb4ff935adbac950a4009e70599.png

Radical! Questions why US didn't show up at a conference on racism. It's not a hard question. We elected a racist 8 years ago and have a party of racists now. They didn't just spring out of the ground. There's a reason the subject makes us uncomfortable and it's not anti-semitism towards Israel.

image.png.d7d9dddd287322a88c46de4492620523.png

Talking about reparations that were promised and denied is "radical?" It's controversial, but hardly radical. He declares America a racist country.

spacer.png

Then they get to the reason for this stupid article, "She's like that other radical negro who hates America and isn't even an American! Tan suit! Tan suit! Tan suit!"

image.png.90ad8052b0621d866f32f150e1c1f3c6.png

We start with people being offended. It's their right. Then we quote some guy calling the pastor un-American. Well this just may sink Kamala backing up this radical America hater with whom she is so close.

OH WAIT! It's unclear whether Harris was or even is aware of the remarks! 

Then why write and publish the article you anti-republic dickheads who worship a false god who would wish he had an iota of the quality of the radical pastor if he gave a shit about actually having any worthwhile qualities?

I just don't get why Black people are so hung up on racism. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Hell I wish Kamala's people would co-opt the MAGA label with MALA. Make America Laugh Again. Easy way to counter the stupid trope that a woman can't be president if she laughs. America should be a happy nation. Not a nation of angry assholes like Trump. 

A lot of this.  MAGA is lost.  Those people are morons, psychos, or both (a lot, lot, lot of "both").  Fuck 'em.  Waste zero time even communicating in their direction.  

We're communicating to 1) people who lean Dem who need to be inspired to show up and vote, and 2) the middle/otherwise apathetic/'independents"/"undecided" (which isn't a big group....but 2-4% is a difference maker in these elections).  And those people can be damned receptive to the message of "make government normal again."  And "Make American normal again."  "Make America laugh and relax again."  All of that kind of stuff, to emphasize that our politics should actually be like the majority of our life is -- NORMAL.  We talk to people, we deal with them with some baseline decency.  We laugh.  We argue about things that matter (should Arch get significant minutes over Quinn?  What do you mean you prefer barbacoa on a corn tortilla?), and we don't fight about weird shit.  None of us spend much time talking/thinking about what our actual neighbors do in their bedroom....that's fucking weird....so why would we waste so much of our political time talking/thinking about it, because we're not fucking weird.  "Make America Chill Again" works just fine.

Most people look forward to going weeks without even remembering that we HAVE a president.  We don't want to see outrageous, assholish shit on our news feed every fucking day.  We want boring shit.  Or salacious/gruesome shit (more stories about shark attacks and Kardashian asses, please).

We're not weird.  We're not out to subjugate anyone or tell you what to do in your bedroom.  We just want you to relax, live your life, and have the kind of opportunities for you and your family that America should provide.  This IS "the greatest country in the world," if the weirdos will get out of the way and let it be.  And then, we can improve on the things that need to be fixed.  That's the way life works.  We work on stuff, together, to make things better, for everyone.

• Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

The flip side of that is that there were a ton of city/county/precint/state/whatever-level Republican election officials who were actually trying to do a fair and honest job in 2020, and there are probably hundreds of those that have now been replaced by facts-don't-matter MAGA lunatics who don't give a fuck about administrating a fair and honest election.  

The solution is easy.  When any of those fuckers exceed their authority and actually interfere in a duly called and held election....you arrest them.  It doesn't matter whether it's the Hamburglar or MAGA County Election Official #3, if they run off with a ballot box or some shit, you arrest their ass, slap them in irons, and toss them in a cell.  And if they refuse to process ballots....you do the same.

An illegal attack on our elections is just that, and should be treated as the criminal act that it is.  See, these fuckers whined for years about IMAGINARY election crimes, and now they intend to commit ACTUAL election crimes (every accusation is a confession, exhibit 30 jillion).  FAFO.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Just trying to counterbalance the putt/Brisket Eeyore shit.

It's exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

Amos Brown is no way near radical as is Robert Jeffress. I’ve worshipped at Third Baptist. it is a progressive mostly silk stocking church deeply rooted in the prophetic preaching tradition of the black church. He didn’t say anything that wasn’t repeated in thousands of black churches in the aftermath of 9/11.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

No, I think society would be better served with education and career options that don’t infantilize 17 year olds.  YMMV 

So, what in your mind is the total impact on the 16-17 labor force for its inability to to be the ones to push the green button on the recycle bins? Maybe 10 kids across the nation are upset about this. Probably less. This is a stupid argument. 

• Hook 'Em 3

They successfully rebutted the challenges to the 2020 election. I have no reason to think they won't do the same thing in 2024.

But you need to consider 2000. I’m not talking hanging chads, recounts, and Supreme Court challenges. All of that is related to whether we count votes that were cast. Same with the lawsuits the Republicans lost consistently in 2020/21.

What I am talking is what Florida’s AG did months leading up to election: disqualification of legal voters, skewed towards those with Hispanic names. You can’t count votes that weren’t cast. There is nothing the awesome lawyers can do after Election Day. By DQ’ing names the registration rolls, they can keep people from casting votes. Some will argue about it and go through the hassle of filling in provisional ballots, but many will not. It was enough to get Bush the presidency in 2000.
  • Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And the GQP will use better attorneys than Rudy and Sidney

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The solution is easy.  When any of those fuckers exceed their authority and actually interfere in a duly called and held election....you arrest them.  It doesn't matter whether it's the Hamburglar or MAGA County Election Official #3, if they run off with a ballot box or some shit, you arrest their ass, slap them in irons, and toss them in a cell.  And if they refuse to process ballots....you do the same.

An illegal attack on our elections is just that, and should be treated as the criminal act that it is.  See, these fuckers whined for years about IMAGINARY election crimes, and now they intend to commit ACTUAL election crimes (every accusation is a confession, exhibit 30 jillion).  FAFO.

There’s a very well established reason you hang all traitors. 

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

And the GQP will use better attorneys than Rudy and Sidney

2020 was a practice run 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

But you need to consider 2000. I’m not talking hanging chads, recounts, and Supreme Court challenges. All of that is related to whether we count votes that were cast. Same with the lawsuits the Republicans lost consistently in 2020/21.

What I am talking is what Florida’s AG did months leading up to election: disqualification of legal voters, skewed towards those with Hispanic names. You can’t count votes that weren’t cast. There is nothing the awesome lawyers can do after Election Day. By DQ’ing names the registration rolls, they can keep people from casting votes. Some will argue about it and go through the hassle of filling in provisional ballots, but many will not. It was enough to get Bush the presidency in 2000.

lol.  DQing folks with Hispanic last names in FL might not have quite the weight it does elsewhere. 

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

There’s a very well established reason you hang all traitors. 

2020 was a practice run 

If they call the same plays they will have a similar result. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

image.png.d4969a6854c30f39d418852a58733893.png

Meanwhile Trump.   Can't find a controversial Radical Pastor I've visited since I never even attended church.

hm-hmm.gif

Does Franklin Graham qualify as a "radical pastor"? How about Robert Jeffress?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

good, turn it into a town hall if he doesn't show up

Yep, just give her 2 hours of answering the moderator's questions without Diaper Don there to stink up the joint.  He can rage away on Truth Social.  Keep referring to "my opponent who was too scared to show up and debate me" 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

"This person Kamala Harris knows said things 23 years ago that I don't like."

"Said things? Someone who isn't running for office?"

"Yeah. It's terrible. Disqualifying, imo."

"Do you know who your candidate for president is?"

"Oh well everything he has said in his life doesn't matter at all. He just says things. So it doesn't matter."

"......."

• Hook 'Em 5