2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

"Weird, creepy, and cringe."

We could just repeat those three words from now until November 5, and it would basically summarize everything that comes out of a Republican candidate's mouth.

I've said this in other posts but they're not wrong.  We all have THAT person on our social media if not our own families.  They're a little off.

20% of Republicans thought Taylor Swift was a CIA plant.  That's like 40-45% of the country.  They're insane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh….its real.

A gift from my half brother, a Minnesota native:

3d7913dcbd017640f333c591f8e51bc8.jpg

Dare one of yall to make this gem:

9e038e1506b7b9e826a7f58f893c8e90.jpg

Yknow, if somehow Mexico had hung onto the land up to the Canadian border, they would have needed people to settle it. And hungry Germans and Scandinavians still would have shown up, just like Mormons and Mennonites did in this timeline's Mexico. In such a world, this would have been Northern Mexican cuisine, ooo siiii.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

So after all the time and effort to convict DT the galaxy brain strategy is to pivot from "criminal" to "weird".

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

This is weird 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So after all the time and effort to convict DT the galaxy brain strategy is to pivot from "criminal" to "weird".

Oh there's plenty of room for both. Also "rapist", "fraud", "conman", and "insurrectionist", if they get bored with criminal and weird. I'd be fine with a steady rotation of all of them.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

My sisters church in Dallas lol

He basically said y’all done messed with the wrong mofos

Philly GIF by Philadelphia Flyers

As much as I may prefer that message, it has no place in the pulpit.  Pay fuckin taxes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not directed at you but...
  • Equal rights
  • Fair pay and worker conditions
  • Economic security
  • Healthcare affordability
  • Improved education
  • Decreased gun violence
  • Improved environmental quality
  • Improved civic involvement
Only in America is that a liberal left agenda.
In every other civilized country, those are the goals for everyone.  It's the details on how to achieve it where the differences are found.  What a fucking country.

I’m not arguing it’s right or wrong. I’m just arguing that it’s a fact there are a bunch of people that believe that way (probably due to years of Fox brainwashing) and they could really help her win.

The opening is there because of Trump and all his bs and she should figure out a way to get their vote. Pounding the same message probably doesn’t win them very easily.

Personally IDGAF who’s right. I just want the orange cunt to stay out of the White House. So I hope she is smart about how she plays the game.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

we sort of thought the guy being a criminal and a rapist would actually be a negative to people like you but it turns out all we had to do was call y'all weird and you flip the fuck out.

Fail The Simpsons GIF

• Drool 1

Just now, G650 said:

It never ceases to amaze me someone who replies in gifs 75% of the time has the weakest gif game ever.

He will insert a gif in response to this now. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Too many repeats, not enough fresh material.  

I'd be happy if they were just relevant. They are like visual non sequitors

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, royiv said:

Not a fan of preaching politics from the pulpit. We criticize it when guys like Jeffress and Young do it so we should hold the other side to the same standard. Keep politics out of religion and keep religion out of politics.

Kind of feel the same but I also see @Pancho‘s perspective below as well.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Sorry but Blacks are tired of listening to what trunp and the radical right keep saying about Black people. It’s demeaning, anti American, and we’re tired of always having to be the nice ones when we’re being attacked. 

Calling us DEI hires? Yeah I’m fine with a Black preacher fighting back in this case.

See note above.

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

You misheard that.  It's Gary Peterson.  And talk about a home run.  Do it, Kamala.

TBH, that’s the name that immediately came to mind when she said it.

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As much as I may prefer that message, it has no place in the pulpit.  Pay fuckin taxes.

I mean, I agree, but the right has been campaigning from the pulpit for 50 fucking years without repercussion, so why the fuck not do it for the other side too? Otherwise, you're just ceding an entire avenue of outreach to only one side. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I mean, I agree, but the right has been campaigning from the pulpit for 50 fucking years without repercussion, so why the fuck not do it for the other side too? Otherwise, you're just ceding an entire avenue of outreach to only one side. 

I'm pretty sure all sides having been doing it forever.  "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" was delivered at a church.  Martin Luther King, Jr. was a pastor and churches were frequently used for meetings.  I remember nuns getting arrested for anti-nuke protests when I was a kid.  

I don't feel any great need to dictate that church leaders need to steer clear of politics.  They are people, and theoretically have values and goals that overlap with politics. But, yeah, they should pay taxes.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

And after all the time and effort pretending to investigate Joe and convicting Hunter for tax problems, the pivot is to "women without children are psychopaths and can't be leaders and all minorities in high positions are DEI."

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I don't know if Lancaster, PA is south Pennsylvania but I got a vibe from that place that was sort of "Kentucky meets White Jesus meets In Cold Blood".

Good furniture and pretzels though, English. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So one way to challenge Trumpers peacefully is to ask them to clearly articulate the “radical far left agenda” they are so afraid of and how exactly the democrats have shown any real policy success in achieving that agenda.  Or how do they imagine the democrats would go about achieving it when they can’t even get $15 minimum wage to pass with a majority in both houses and the presidency?

Then try to thoughtfully articulate the far right agenda and point to all the success they’ve had in the recent past… stripping women’s rights and major tax cuts for the ultra wealthy at the expense of the middle class and the deficit.  Those are their two MAJOR victories over the past 10 years. 

I know this is a lost cause but focusing on the policy stuff gets you in more thought provoking conversations than Trump bad vs Dems more or less bad. 

Nah, I'm just going to keep calling them weird.  It's working unlike all that other bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's fucking horrible.

Oh....so were you not familiar with the place called "Florida?"

11 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

9 of the 10 poorest states are Republican. Who looks around and says yeah, sign me up for what Mississippi is doing? Republicans are doing things right with the economy.

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Texas

I hate you for this so, so, much.  And I hate that you are right even more than I hate you.  Sigh.

• Hook 'Em 2