2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Son, legit question, are you still in high school? Middle school?

I think the guy is a solid 58 years old. 

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm telling you it's Texashammer 

This dude has  been a member since 2018. I find it unlikely he's Texas Hammer. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think the guy is a solid 58 years old. 

This dude has  been a member since 2018. I find it unlikely he's Texas Hammer. 

Some of these crazy people have had multiple accounts that they keep in reserve for years.  It wouldn't be the first time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If the pick is Shapiro, it would be the most on brand DNC move and would stink to high heaven of some back room wine cave deal.  Kinda like Obama picking Joe Biden but worse. 

It feels safe (to them), and if the data supports it, I support it even if he's not the guy I prefer. However, from where I sit, it's risky as to Gen Z and the Uncommitted movement.

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

the whitest guy you know “doesn’t know how it’s going to play in the black community”

hint:

Snl This Is Not Good GIF by Saturday Night Live

I love the "I don't know if someone with a black Jamaican parent identifies as African-American"..... Hmmmm....people like Alicia Keys and Kerry Washington are gonna be surprised to find out that they aren't african American because the african side of their family got waylaid in Jamaica for a few centuries on their way to the US.

Mmmmm.... Kerry Washington is f'n SMOKE.

kerry-washington-neutrogena-308000-16880

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If the pick is Shapiro, it would be the most on brand DNC move and would stink to high heaven of some back room wine cave deal.  Kinda like Obama picking Joe Biden but worse. 

Or it would be picking an extremely popular governor in a state that if they win will give them a huge shot to win the presidency. Occam’s razor. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

If you can produce a photo of a confederate flag or Nazi flag at a Trump rally that hasn’t been superimposed into the photo, I’ll eat my hat.

A few years ago a person on Shaggy suggested apparently without irony that Texas consider hiring a Madden champion as an offensive schemer, perhaps even as OC. It was a wild moment, because it was already sort of a cliche - people had sarcastically suggested it in the past  as a satire of a dumb idea, but nobody would be dumb enough to actually suggest that, right? And then someone did. 

This post of yours is notable in the same way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

If you can produce a photo of a confederate flag or Nazi flag at a Trump rally that hasn’t been superimposed into the photo, I’ll eat my hat.

rump2.webp

rump1.webp

* Damn this thread moves fast.  

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lucky for Trump, there isn't a must-win southern swing state that basically depends on his ability to win Black voters over or that his polling leads were based on a historically unprecedented increase in minority support.

Being actively antagonistic to black voters is such a fucking weird strategy for team Trump. I don't know if the Turmp campaign really believed they were going to have some generational breakthrough with black voters - I certainly didn't - but even just continuing the trend of a picking up a couple more percentage points and maybe benefitting from slightly lower turnout would more or less secure GA and make the rust belt trio that much heavier of a lift for Democrats.

Now they are out here supercharging black enthusiasm for Harris and self sabotaging in five key swing states. If they piss off the black community to the point of losing GA and NC, the election is called as soon as polls close on the west coast. Just phenomenally dumb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It's consistent for how they think. An apology or backtracking is off the table. So the next best thing is to see if you can use that as a divisive issue. It's not about winning people over. Somebody in that campaign might be aware of the #ADOS group, or if they are not, they soon will be and I can see them trying to turn this issue into what would be a positive in their minds. It won't occur to them that #ADOS is fairly fringe and will move no votes, but they will happy to find some common ground to bleat about.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

That is fuckin awesome

Saw it on a Twitter thread detailing his shit show self-implosion today. Now I need to find wear to buy one. 

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Or it would be picking an extremely popular governor in a state that if they win will give them a huge shot to win the presidency. Occam’s razor. 

I read this in the voice of Debbie Wasserman Shultz.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is an INSANE strategy.

What does it even stand to gain? The racists already vote Trump. What new vote does this bring to the table? 

They already sidelined the ‘this election is all about policy’ line. 

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I challenge you to find the difference between a russkie bot and an actual Trumpkin.  Both just robotically spout Trumpist propaganda and lies, with no independent critical thought.

Bots are Trumpkins.  Trumpkins are bots.

44hjv8yw6uz41.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

1,x

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep. This is gonna get ugly. I think it’s all downhill from here for the Trump campaign 

I don't think he will (or should) be the pick, but I am bemused by the concept of fanning the flames of MAGA bigotry. 

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

So it on a Twitter thread detailing his shit show self-implosion today. Now I need to find wear to buy one. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vote+orange+stains&adgrpid=116838713972&hvadid=557253011277&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9027232&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=10047854306777627237&hvtargid=kwd-938878202074&hydadcr=11145_13463737&tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_4f2m52wo6o_b

A lot of options. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The other - wait for it -  weird thing about the MAGA bit here is that Harris has been pretty open about her mixed heritage, at least since she's come onto the national stage. Mixed race individuals and families are plenty common in the US in 2024. This idea that Kamala Harris can't be Indian and black is going to fall flat against most people's day to day experience. They are really showing heir ass here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Boy, I can't wait to hear my FIL fumble through his version of the spoon fed equivocation he's going to hear over the next 2 days. It's going to come out like a Mad Libs.

Thing is, this double down is going to play just fine with MAGA, because they think nuance and duality are Kentucky Derby horses. It's not going to fly with black people though, obviously. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The other - wait for it -  weird thing about the MAGA bit here is that Harris has been pretty open about her mixed heritage, at least since she's come onto the national stage. Mixed race individuals and families are plenty common in the US in 2024. This idea that Kamala Harris can't be Indian and black is going to fall flat against most people's day to day experience. They are really showing heir ass here. 

Guarantee that most of the dumbasses in that crowd who claim to not understand mixed heritage are able to fully grasp it on St. Patrick's Day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Saw it on a Twitter thread detailing his shit show self-implosion today. Now I need to find wear to buy one. 

Please share with the group when you do.

Edit: Well shit jus saw the amazon link

Edited by G650

I would love to see working class and poor people organize a call upon which they could make it clear to the Harris campaign that their voices, hopes and dreams matter. They may not be able to raise cash but they can spread hope and encourage those in their orbit to become informed participants in the political process at all levels.

• Hook 'Em 2