2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

She can win Florida and compete in Texas if the Democratic base turnout is high. The honeymoon period will end by the convention. A substantial part of the base will regress to apathy if the policies and messaging are right-wing. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but that doesn't make it false.

Edited by chainsaw
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, G650 said:

Noted right winger Kamala Harris

Now you get it. If the campaign trots out right-wing messaging and policies, nobody on the right or center will bite (she has no conservative bona fides) and it will only depress the turnout of the people who she needs to show up.

• Fuck You 7

Just now, chainsaw said:

Now you get it. If the campaign trots out right-wing messaging and policies, nobody on the right or center will bite (she has no conservative bona fides) and it will only depress the turnout of the people who she needs to show up.

Lol.

• Hook 'Em 2

Here's a closer look at the base she needs to turn out:

reuters%20ipsos%20foreign%20affairs%20gr

Only 5 percent of Democrats and 7 percent of Independents say that immigration is the most important problem facing America

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/reuters-ipsos-core-political-survey-presidential-approval-tracker-may-2024

I don't see any data supporting the idea that right-wing positions are popular among Dems.

• Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I get the piling on Chainsaw, but not sure I can reconcile the following:

1) Get fucked. Leftist wing of the party is shit and should be ignored.

2) This thing is gonna be a fucking nail-biter and will come down to razor slim margins in several states.

Don’t negotiate with terrorists.  Are they really the base if they are willing to not vote for you if they don’t get their way on something?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I'm less optimistic than you about that. She's boxing herself into a policy position that is unpopular with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and the Congressional Progressive Caucus, and unlike when Biden did it there is no pressing need to get aid to Ukraine tied to it. It's just bad politics and will be bad for turnout.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/31/biden-border-deal-progressives-00138687

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/06/biden-border-move-infuriated-progressives-00162171

Your understanding of politics is like my kid who got one corner of a 100 piece puzzle done and proclaims with certainty “I’ve got this whole mother fucker figured out” and proceeds to inform me that the puzzle of a boat is in fact going to be a pretzel. 

obligatory “it’s a schooner!”

13 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I get the piling on Chainsaw, but not sure I can reconcile the following:

1) Get fucked. Leftist wing of the party is shit and should be ignored.

2) This thing is gonna be a fucking nail-biter and will come down to razor slim margins in several states.

Yes, and we’re mocking the people who threaten to not vote because of single issues. 

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

She can win Florida and compete in Texas if the Democratic base turnout is high. The honeymoon period will end by the convention. A substantial part of the base will regress to apathy if the policies and messaging are right-wing. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but that doesn't make it false.

Again, you have no concept of what constitutes “the base.” You’re someone who has lived their entire life in a cave and then shits their pants the first time they see the ocean. If you’d ever leave your cave. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is that an allegation of alcoholism because she laughs? Is that really what I just heard?

Isn’t Judge Jeanine usually 3 glasses of wine deep when she’s on air?

image.gif.fc6ee94609b9ea53d626a0b65cca040e.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You’re someone who has lived their entire life in a cave and then shits their pants the first time they see the ocean. If you’d ever leave your cave. 

If you have better data, I'll look at it.

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

rick-james-rick-james-dave-chappelle.gif

Imagine being a news organization “reporting” what Joe Rogan says as news. 

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Only 5 percent of Democrats and 7 percent of Independents say that immigration is the most important problem facing America

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/reuters-ipsos-core-political-survey-presidential-approval-tracker-may-2024

I don't see any data supporting the idea that right-wing positions are popular among Dems.

Hey guys, look! The guy complaining about border policies managed to bring the conversation back to Palestine!!!

also, I haven’t begged you but I will for this post. Because of your subtle framing off the bat of calling these positions “right wing.” You’re poisoning the well and calling everything you don’t agree with Right Wing. Fuck right off. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Keep Austin Less Weird Than JD Vance

"We're weird enough."

For a while, it was fine.  Then Rogan and Elmo came to Austin.  Then it got a bit too weird.  No mas weird.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is that an allegation of alcoholism because she laughs? Is that really what I just heard?

You heard the sound of the depth finder sinker gliding down down down.

No bottom here.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’re poisoning the well and calling everything you don’t agree with Right Wing. Fuck right off

I really wanted to ask him what policy Harris endorsed that is remotely right wing, but I honestly didn't have the appetite for but so much more stupidity today

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine being a news organization “reporting” what Joe Rogan says as news. 

Hey guys, look! The guy complaining about border policies managed to bring the conversation back to Palestine!!!

also, I haven’t begged you but I will for this post. Because of your subtle framing off the bat of calling these positions “right wing.” You’re poisoning the well and calling everything you don’t agree with Right Wing. Fuck right off. 

Israel is the image, and immigration is the link.

The important cross-tab is "Democrats." Within that group of voters, the policies in the "border bill" and support for Israel are not popular. The percentages reflected in those polls (and Ipsos is reputable as a pollster) are too large to fuck with. I wouldn't write them off as some negligible fringe. We don't want a repeat of 2016. We need everyone to show the fuck up.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, G650 said:

I really wanted to ask him what policy Harris endorsed that is remotely right wing, but I honestly didn't have the appetite for but so much more stupidity today

I wonder why progressives have such a hard time getting elected or get legislation passed

*checks thread*

Oh, they just call anyone who doesn’t agree with them right-wing and then nobody wants to work with me because they can’t compromise or play politics 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's kinda what it sounded like.  I think they're gonna start field testing more and more stuff.  Like she was not seen frequently enough in 22 & 23 due to substance abuse, or was having affairs, or traveling to India on taxpayer's dime, or playing too much cricket.  

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Yes, Independents...that voter bloc always known for turning out by the tens of millions for micro-issues like Israel, cafe mileage standards, and AMT code modification.  The real curtain droppers on Election Day.  Crafting her campaign around Israel/Palestine in the hopes she swings the minds of maybe 500,000 independents who usually don't vote?  Yeah, brilliant idea.  You'd have loved voting in 1940, "Look, I know the Lend-Lease program to support Britain and our European allies is the right thing to do overall, and we should vote accordingly.  But if our next President doesn't vow to scrap the whole agenda and focus on a 1-state solution for Gibraltar...I'm staying home and listening to jazz!"  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, G650 said:

Well border policy, apparently. Feel like he’s also closer to saying “democrats will never vote for a cop” than trump is to dropping the N bomb. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The Pilot Flying J option being the only clear choice is only because Weiner's went outta business a few years back.

I had to look it up, but 2001 to be exact, after the failed "Weiner's Plus" branding.

Definitely made a few trips there back in my childhood days.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You realize there is a difference between "most important" and "not important" and "against", right? You were literally shown polling earlier in this thread that specific immigration reforms were in fact popular about Democratic voters. You're such a fucking child. Your actions and those like you will be directly responsible for any dampened enthusiasm. It is literally a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean, fuck, you've already shit yourself over the idea that Harris may have lied about seeing border tunnels, which is fucking ridiculous to even consider. Shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Also, Israel is not popular among Independents, either.

Are you translating her not even attending Bibi’s address to congress as “Harris is super for Israel?” Walk us through that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Are you translating her not even attending Bibi’s address to congress as “Harris is super for Israel?” Walk us through that shit. 

I don't know where she is on that issue, yet. It could cost her a lot if she plays it poorly.

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well border policy, apparently. Feel like he’s also closer to saying “democrats will never vote for a cop” than trump is to dropping the N bomb. 

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

She can't change the fact that she was a prosecutor, but she can follow the data and make promises that align with what the base actually wants.

Lol THERE IT FUCKING IS! Within minutes!!!!

holy shit!!

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Policies? We haven’t had an election based on policy since Trump brought his fat ass down the escalator. 

Just now, chainsaw said:

I don't know where she is on that issue, yet. It could cost her a lot if she plays it poorly.

I think she's done some early signaling that she wants to pivot from Biden's policies toward Israel. I hope she does, but it sure as hell isn't going to keep me from voting for her if she doesn't, and most of you know how strongly I feel about the Israel situation as it currently stands.

I am not gonna dogpile on you or neg you or anything, but I do think you're wrong in this instance.

• Hook 'Em 3

Lol, but you’ll go ahead and project her in the worst possible light, which you’ve already done tacitly. Fuck you, dude, go ahead and vote trump because you clearly want it all to burn. At this point I’m questioning whether or not you and GRUHorn have the same fucking employers. 

• Hook 'Em 7

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Allegation…confession, they’re so obvious at this point

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s stupid and weird. 

Dude, you have no idea how weird Hollering Elk is until you read her other comics.

Let's just say that there was disappointment on Reddit that she, of all people, left the "Kamala dislocating her jaw and swallowing Trump whole" bit off-screen, as that's the sort of thing she'd normally draw rather explicitly.

It's amazing and wonderful and hating her is like hating Willie or Earl. No real Texan does that.

13 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

LOL it's perfect, right down to the Ukrainian Fist Pumping :D

• Haha 2

Yeah just because I'm not pumping sunshine doesn't mean I'm going to vote RFK or Stein. It's all going to come down to turnout, and the best way to maximize turnout is to give the base what it wants.

• Fuck You 2

Yeah just because I'm not pumping sunshine doesn't mean I'm going to vote RFK or Stein. It's all going to come down to turnout, and the best way to maximize turnout is to give the base what it wants.

You have no concept of The Base and what independents want. Full stop. But you seem eager to depress turnout. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6

30 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

image.gif.abc90f84de00cb7db7d6a24065475cbe.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You have no concept of The Base and what independents want. Full stop. 

There are twice as many Democrats (20%) who say supporting Israel is "much more likely" to negatively affect their opinion of a candidate than there are who feel the other way (10%). That is what the data says about the base Harris needs to turn out.

Edited by chainsaw
  • Fuck You 3

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

23 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

*bottles

*boxes

Judge Boxwine

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Israel is the image, and immigration is the link.

The important cross-tab is "Democrats." Within that group of voters, the policies in the "border bill" and support for Israel are not popular. The percentages reflected in those polls (and Ipsos is reputable as a pollster) are too large to fuck with. I wouldn't write them off as some negligible fringe. We don't want a repeat of 2016. We need everyone to show the fuck up.

Dems lost 2016 because Hillary refused to visit the midwest. You know, the midwest swing states who want moderate policy. Hillary had like a 97% approval rating among the hardcore democratic base. The base showed up and Hillary lost. 

Biden won 2020 because he pitched himself as a moderate unity ticket and he won back the midwest. Biden appealed to Trump voters who didn't like Trump. Do you not understand what the term swing voter means? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

There are twice as many Democrats (20%) who say supporting Israel is "very likely" to negatively affect their opinion of a candidate than there are who feel the other way (10%). That is what the data says about the base Harris needs to turn out.

And Harris has, if anything, given every indication that she isn’t going to support Israel. So you’re literally shitposting snd fear mongering and seeing doubt based on LESS than nothing. Like it’s fucking deliberate. Even as you’ve been roasted for your rock stupid takes. Fucking GRUsaw. 

• Hook 'Em 4