2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

jesus h. christ.  can chainsaw get his own "Trump v. Harris: How will Progressives vote" thread?  This thread is titled "Let's keep the party going." but this party blows.  people are gonna start making Irish exits if this keeps up.

@immamac

Im part of the problem,  but this is a good solution. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Walz's quote was awesome. "I always said if they want to build a 20 foot wall someone will start selling 30 foot ladders."

Nitpick, but I think the quote was "If they build a 20 foot wall I'll invest in a company that sells 25 foot ladders." The point I took was him saying a stupid wall will never solve the problem, not that he wanted to actively encourage more people to cross the border illegally (which is what your telling of the quote comes across as to me)/.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

This. Thread jumped like 6 pages and I skipped to the end and these jag offs were still going at it. 

What time/day is the Jagoffs for Harris call?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I saw someone say during the French 2-round elections that the first time you vote with your heart, the second time you vote with your brain. This is presumably what the primary system in America is supposed to be: vote for your ideological sweet heart during the primary, then get pragmatic and vote against what you definitely don't want in the general election.

Well, nobody wants to run against Kamala. She's won the hearts of the democrats. So all that's left is to vote pragmatically. @chainsaw doesn't get this. This is the general election, you have to be general in your stances. Cast as wide a net as possible. Now is not the time to narrow your vision. Because the alternative is the exact opposite of what you or the majority of the people in this country wants. Wanting a narrow vote in the general election is how you get Trumpism, because there are a lot more weirdos who will vote for trump on principle than will vote for whatever darling leftwing single-issue stance you have.

Pretty sure you should use your brain both times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The bill was hardly a compromise. It was always intended by Biden to be a bluff.

How can you argue so strongly while having absolutely not even a basic understanding of what you're talking about? Seriously. I mean there's a lot of them, so I just picked this post. Because holy shit. Did you just start thinking about politics for the first time within the past week or so?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Cosplaying as Kamala's senior campaign advisors sure is fun.
We may need costumes if we ever meet up.

Dibs on GOLL’s Pedobear costume. I have a plan for it. Gonna make a few tweaks to make it a Racist Care Bear outfit…
What time/day is the Jagoffs for Harris call?

This is actually it. 

Perfection.
@chainsaw is killing my independent buzz.

SO LONG AS YOU’RE NOT KILLING INDEPENDENT GEORGE!
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

friendly reminder

_101955509_60e88f91-1774-49c3-ae32-6e3bc

we have posters here that cry or fap when they see this pic. their ultimate alpha male, shitting his pants and being the wrong kind of brat 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dang Pete sounded like a 13 year old in college. We all know he is super smart but it’s also clear he’s a legit policy wonk. I’m not sure about the electoral math or VP this time but he is the future of the Dems. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

BREAKING: TIm Walz continues to do Tim Walz things

Reminds me of when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog worked the window at the Weiner’s Circle in Chicago.  Walz and his pup would be perfect for this.  

Hey Vance, that’s a really nice sofa…….for me to poop on.  Here’s your order JD, half bratwurst and half hot dog on one bun. Take it to that corner booth and explain to it that it’s wrong.  And no weirdo, we don’t have diet Mountain Dew here.  Can you please order for your wife since a true woman needs a man to make tough decisions for, you bearded thumb, creepy ass mother fucker.  You want some ketchup to go to suck off the orange guy’s balls?  I kid, I kid.  Piss off

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Not really true. They picked up seats in the midterms. It wasn't the night they wanted but it sure as fuck wasn't a rejection. 

/NotAMod Opinion Also chainsaw, dude you gotta quit being such a dickhead. You aren't wrong, which is why you are frustrated. The problem isn't about being right though the problem is keeping Donald Trump out of office because he's a psychotic megalomaniac who has bad intentions and will do irreparable harm to the country. 

In a normal election where the candidate just isn't what you prefer your takes are totally valid. /NotAMod Opinion 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Why didn't Trump have a dog while in office? That's kind of weird.

Beecause Trump doesn't give a shit about anything but himself.

His wives are the only reason his kids even survived.

• Hook 'Em 4

Lol just heard my MAGA landlord (I know I know but I’d pay rent to Hitler for $1900/mo dog allowed in Maui post fire) getting out of the car bitching to his wife about Kamala claiming Indian on her college scholarship applications. like that makes any fucking sense. They scared. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Why didn't Trump have a dog while in office? That's kind of weird.

Shiiiiit... His administration was filled with sons of bitches, that's close enough 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1