2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

LOL. Kyle fucks around with MAGA and finds out.

Chad really needs to go sit in his F350 and make a video directed at Kyle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

@chainsaw this means you.

3 weeks ago the single issue voters on this site was "wah! old man old", while my single voter issue was winning the damn election. Granted democrats did what nobody saw possible and coalesce in 24 hours on Harris, and proved me wrong HOWEVER I thought we already concluded that people are irrational and people make stupid single voter issues, there ARE legit fears on picking Shapiro, "ceasefire now!" was the ONLY protest chants Biden, Hillary, and a bunch of Senator clowns got over the last year not immigration, not inflation, not the economy but Israel. Not to mention the strategic fear of losing Michigan (which is less vital than PA but still a real possibility), but the real danger is turning off momentum in youth voter registration, Gen Z is active on this issue based the aforementioned protests.

It still is winning the damn election, but it can be a massive blunder.

Just now, YGIFS said:

This.  For 20 years, all the Democratic party had was Schumer who vaguely knew what was happening to James Carville basically.  Who, while brilliant and versed and articulate, still came across as a demonic troll.  

Now they've built a bench of about 10 'attack proxies' who can cover anything from Sunday morning shows to late night to opening act for rallies/fundraisers, to attack ads, and everything in between.  Pete, Shapiro, Walz, Crockett, Moskowitz, Rankin, Ted Lieu, Whitmer, et. al.  Seriously good communicators who go on offense while still knowing proper policy defense...and are engaging, even funny, while doing it.  That's a big gulf they just closed the last few years.  

This and to your point, Carville has been saying this for years.  There was this argument that only Biden could beat Trump and Carville would correctly argue than any number of Dems could and the bench was deeper than people thought.  He was right.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This and to your point, Carville has been saying this for years.  There was this argument that only Biden could beat Trump and Carville would correctly argue than any number of Dems could and the bench was deeper than people thought.  He was right.  

Yep, add Newsom and Beshear to that list as well.  Some of those folks are never gonna make a strong POTUS candidate, but they can certainly gain/hold Senate seats and Governor's Mansions and Cabinet Secretary positions.  But that's a multi-decade runway there on that list of POTUS/VP slots in that mix there.  And what's more...the Clintons and Bidens and Pelosis of this nation seem to have made their peace with it and are getting the fuck outta the way.   

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I don't know, I think Biden was just who was needed at the time to defeat Trump in 2020.  I don't know if any of those 2020 primary challengers beat Trump.  It's a huge advantage now that Kamala can run on her record as VP.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am old enough to have once had a crush on a girl named Peggy.

Also, one weekend way back in the day, I hooked up with a girl named Betty, but for some reason, I kept drunkenly calling her "Peggy," even after she corrected me multiple times.  Still closed the deal.  God bless women with low standards.

I read Noonan and thought Lipton. Why does everybody hate Julie?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He does sound like him tho- somebody called him “Baruch Obama.”

Yeah he's adopted Obama's cadence and accent - you can really hear it when he's giving a speech. Pretty creepy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Biden was the right guy in 2020 because he was able to disappear into the background and have the election be just about Trump.  You can't do that a second time when Trump's presidency is 4 years in the past.  You have to make yourself an affirmative offering to the people.

Not to re-litigate it all, but it's crazy in retrospect that they were asking people to vote for a candidate for president, when the job is for four years, who was having obvious trouble completing sentences.  They looked like the party who was full of shit because of it, when they were running against a human piece of shit. Problematic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Red Five said:

Not to re-litigate it all, but it's crazy in retrospect that they were asking people to vote for a candidate for president, when the job is for four years, who was having obvious trouble completing sentences.  They looked like the party who was full of shit because of it, when they were running against a human piece of shit. Problematic.

It makes me pretty proud of the political system that the debate caused a grassroots effort to get Biden out.  They tried to say no, we can fix it for a week or two.  We said you can't.  And they actually listened. Something unprecedented in the 240 years of doing this.

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's such a breath of fresh air having multiple national stage Dems not being pussies.

It so is.  

We are spoiled for choice right now.  I keep seeing this clips and saying, "Man, I like this person."  Walz, Shapiro, etc.  

• Hook 'Em 6

I think Kelly is safer than Shapiro. 

As Texans, should we not have more disdain for Shapiro's support for school vouchers using taxpayer money? He didn't support it as a legislator and then suddenly flipped on it and started talking about it once he ran for governor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Shapiro gets the progressives' panties in a twist if he's the choice. Tactically, he makes so much sense. She has to get PA which isn't a given. 

Also, he’s over performed there for years and PA is very representative of the country.  Philly is a big east coast city, Pittsburg is Midwestern, both have big suburbs, and you have a large, blue collar white population in between.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I think Kelly is safer than Shapiro. 

As Texans, should we not have more disdain for Shapiro's support for school vouchers using taxpayer money? He didn't support it as a legislator and then suddenly flipped on it and started talking about it once he ran for governor. 

Isn't the billionaire that pays Abbott to push vouchers from PA? Shapiro wetting his beak from the same trough? 

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Current Veepstakes rating

1) Walz - most upside

2) Shapiro - safest 

3) Beshear - the Bill Clinton of Al Gores

4) Pete B - Dynasty pick, instant offense off the bench

5) Kelly - fine I guess

It is amazing to me how solid a group this is.  And measuring any of them against JD Couchfucker?  Comical.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think over the last two weeks, I've thought "Let's not overthink this, just choose _______" about probably four different people. These all appear to be better options than, say, Tim Kaine. 

jTVb82o.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Current Veepstakes rating

1) Walz - most upside

2) Shapiro - safest 

3) Beshear - the Bill Clinton of Al Gores

4) Pete B - Dynasty pick, instant offense off the bench

5) Kelly - fine I guess

Pete and Walz feel like the swing for the fences, I smell blood, picks. Kelly and Beshear are the safe ones. Shapiro is somewhere in between. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Re Rittenhouse, can someone fill me in on where Trump is weak on 2A? Never heard him be even remotely in favor of gun control, at least since he stopped being a democrat (someone should look into that).

Banned bump stocks