2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

They have no money but yet they have enough money to pay Black people to stand behind them for prop use.

They found the 20 Black people across the country willing to vote for that clown. Brothahorn is on the right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

the crowd sounds riveted. Like when the backup preacher comes in for a month during the summer. 

So….my wife is working on her sermon series right now for the month she’s covering while our head pastor is on sabbatical….fortunately, folks like her preaching. It probably has something to do with her not rambling and praising Putin and being a racist POS in her sermons.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

probably has something to do with her not rambling and praising Putin and being a racist POS in her sermons.

With that attitude she might keep the current flock, but she’s never going to get you that private jet

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

That clip works on so many levels.

Everybody behind him seems like they’d rather be anywhere else.

It highlights that a well-known Republican woman in the state will not endorse him.

And, of course, the grievance/whining politics.

I know I’ve underestimated his appeal before (and overestimated the public) but damn this is a train wreck campaign.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I just signed up for the Steak Eaters For Harris Zoom call.

I'd donate $100 if Kamala came out and said she wanted to pass legislation banning Ted Cruz from eating steaks and cheeseburgers.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

24 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Kemp and Raffensperger are definitely voting for Harris lol

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I guess it's that time of year across parishes?  Our Associate Pastor is still moving to Austin.  And our Senior Pastor is on vacation.  So we're having a couple of "guests" fill in since mid-July.  One of the guys who we know personally through a relative basically gives a second homily at the end of service.  We're lucky if we're done in under 1:20.  He tip-toes a little too close to politics for my liking, but usually reigns it back when he remembers he's in arguably one of the most 5 most educated parishes in the State (of my wife's particular faith).  Other than the petition for the unborn after homily, that's the only time anything like that ever comes up.  I help cook and clean the kitchen for our children and seniors and us folks in the back, we'll once in a great while chat about politics/current events just to pass the time while working (sports and movies too).  That's about it.  

All that to say, for decades-I've read and heard about the impact of faith on politics and vice-versa.  The de-evolution of Evangelism, the moderation of Catholicism, the silent majority of Protestantism, the politicization of the pulpit, and how that's bled over into our political ecosystem.  Mostly for the worse.  

But once again, we find ourselves in the part of the simulation where this is actually happening.  This time, it all matters.  The idolatry of Trump as God's Messenger v. People of True Faith from Black Churches to Vanilla Lutheranism.  All hands on deck, we can all go back to pretending we never discussed it over coffee and fellowship. 

But for now until November, anybody at church mentions Trump and avoiding the evil Democrats-------ask them this question, "You agree that he's flawed, but that God sent him just the same to save our country from peril, right?  He's sinned greatly as did most of God's messengers and church founders"  They nod in agreement.  "But from Moses to Paul, from David to Simon, from John to Matthew.  All sinners, but all had one thing in common that Trump didn't do.  They repented.  They prayed for forgiveness and gave of themselves to something far larger than themselves---a place of inclusive love that would never know in their lifetimes." 

If it is God's will this sinful, self-absorbed man was sent here as a Test to see if we would follow him on a path to save our country and our souls.  Would you at least consider the possibility there is just the slightest chance that is a Test from God.  But it's to see if we'd follow the path laid before us by his son's sacrifice and avoid being led astray?  If we're under examination, why veer from the lesson plan in favor a cheat code?  We are being tested, and 40% of us are failing.  Not saying the rest of us are exactly shining in his eyes right now, but at least he knows we respect the syllabus.   

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I'd donate $100 if Kamala came out and said she wanted to pass legislation banning Ted Cruz from eating steaks and cheeseburgers.

Kemp and Raffensperger are definitely voting for Harris lol

Then they need to quit being pussies and endorse her.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Reminds me of this oldie but goodie:

It's like a bizarro-world Seinfeld episode with Kramer at the Tony Awards. 

"I know this is such a first date kinda question, butwhat you do for a living?"

-Oh, I'm a seat filler.

"Okay, yeah.  I've heard of those.  Like for awards shows or big events to make the house seem more full?  Must be cool to see all those performances and games and get paid to do it."

-Oh, I don't do it for the money.  I just do it for Trump and because I love him.

"Darn, my bad.  Look at the time.  I just remembered to get my malaria pills before I leave for Guam in the morning, forever.  I got the check, see ya later." 

• Haha 1

With that attitude she might keep the current flock, but she’s never going to get you that private jet

Oh, I told her a long time ago, we ain’t gonna get those BIG TIME Jesus dollars till we become a husband-wife preacher duo. I could pull off the Baby Billy look…

d76363c29c5e3c81e6099ca40e38ddad.webp
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

I just signed up for the Steak Eaters For Harris Zoom call.

The Harris campaign can really stick it to Trump by making it a DEI Steak Eaters for Harris Zoom call by including those who like their steaks well done. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I told her a long time ago, we ain’t gonna get those BIG TIME Jesus dollars till we become a husband-wife preacher duo. I could pull off the Baby Billy look…

d76363c29c5e3c81e6099ca40e38ddad.webp

If you don't dress up as Baby Billy for Halloween, you have failed us all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah this for sure happened.

I would pay an insane amount of money to watch a live golf match between Trump and Kim Jong Un. 

No commercials. No breaks from the cameras. No edits. USGA rules. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

It’s giving 

IMG_6623.thumb.jpeg.f7dac87444c9d6efd2342bde5646310e.jpeg

I’m happy to have every vote that goes her way but if you’re still calling yourself a republican at this point what exactly do you stand for? It’s Trump’s party. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Ignore the idiot- just watch the video.  Watch it closely, even multiple times (I stopped at 8).

Find a black person.  Any black person. I guess the 12-15 black props (Err, I mean people) behind the stage were the only ones who came to show their support?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Constant said:

I would pay an insane amount of money to watch a live golf match between Trump and Kim Jong Un. 

No commercials. No breaks from the cameras. No edits. USGA rules. 

Shit, ya gotta throw the OG, Kim Jong-Il, into the mix as well. Sure he's probably lost a little bit of his fastball being dead and all, but we're talking about a guy that shot 38 under, including 11 holes-in-one, at the 7,700-yard championship course at Pyongyang in the VERY FIRST golf round of his life.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

They have no money but yet they have enough money to pay Black people to stand behind them for prop use.

They're not paying them.  They promised them they would get paid, but won't actually pay.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Twitter said that this fat orange cunt talked shit about Springsteen?   Really?  Oh Boy!

Trump: "Bruce Springsteen. I am not a huge fan. I have a bad trait. I only like people who like me. Does that make sense?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Twitter said that this fat orange cunt talked shit about Springsteen?   Really?  Oh Boy!

Lol I thought he was making a play for Jersey. That ain’t gonna help 

Just now, TexasHooch said:

Trump: "Bruce Springsteen. I am not a huge fan. I have a bad trait. I only like people who like me. Does that make sense?"

Kamala's team needs to play that over and over...he only wants to be President for himself, he doesn't give a shit about Americans.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

My hope is, if Kamala gets to the point that it is clear or at least likely that she wins, more republicans (the ones the secretly reject trumpism) come out in support of her, knowing that after the election they won’t face retribution. 

it wont be many because they have all been cowards so far. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

My hope is, if Kamala gets to the point that it is clear or at least likely that she wins, more republicans (the ones the secretly reject trumpism) come out in support of her, knowing that after the election they won’t face retribution. 

it wont be many because they have all been cowards so far. 

They’ll sit at home on Election Day 

How any American can support this fucking traitor is beyond me !!!!

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 4

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

“oh, you thought charlie strong was a great hire?” Ask @Rimbo how that works. You’re a tech guy, right? “Oh, you thought Craig James’s kid was in the right, did you?” 

Star Trek GIF

• Haha 7