2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, is there an explanation for the reason AI allegedly puts 6 or more fingers on a hand, and often?

Very very little training data on hands and all their poses, relatively speaking.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I know but it seems like every maga moron military guy you see on RW “news” or social media is an lt col

That’s because they are either of the “I’m putting in my 20 years and then getting out and making bank in the civilian world in my early 40s” camp or they hit their ceiling and are forced to retire, and are angsty/bitter that they never made full bird colonel.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

What an absolutely bizarre thing to lie about. Nobody gives a single fuck about Trump's golf game. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And nobody believes it.  Because there’s zero chance it happened. 

If he got a single eagle on a par 4, and somehow thought he was going to repeat, he would have made sure somebody filmed him after that.

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

My guess is that's all performative. If Trump loses again or if he dies all of that will go with him and nothing will become of any of it.

I don’t think so. These folks were always here. They just needed a conduit. The best we can do is to make them go underground again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Kemp and Raffensperger are definitely voting for Harris lol

4 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Then they need to quit being pussies and endorse her.

It won’t happen in Georgia (because they know some nutso MAGA type is waiting to attack them) but in the late 80s when it was clear Texas was flipping, Democrats were switching to the GOP left and right - Phil Gramm and Rick Perry were some of the best examples, but it happened a lot.

Would be hilarious if this happened with Republicans in Georgia who decided they wanted to stay in office.

When you think about the attacks on Republicans at his rally and on social media against Kemp and Raffensperger, and his comments this morning about purging the GOP of anybody who didn’t 100% support him, it’s clear something is up. If he splits the GOP, he loses a lot more bigly.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, linux said:

If they are  officers (aka educated) they are against Trump, if they are uneducated but young its like 50/50 if they are NCOs or retired they are pro Trump.

Half the guys I work with are retired officers. I’d say about 8 out of 10 are Trumpy. Academy grads, fighter pilots, etc.. Educated people who are very smart in their field, but not so much about the ways of the world.

Edited by Your Mom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don’t think so. These folks were always here. They just needed a conduit. The best we can do is to make them go underground again. 

the GoP will make sure they go back to their caves 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Alright.  The exact same clown who posted the video above also posted this:

50% of the crowd is black.  Totally organic too.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Congratulations!  We’ve upgraded your seats!

" Excuse me would you come with me. President Trump wants you to sit closer to the stage".

Those facial expressions are of people who realized they've just been used. Look at how none of them are happy or smiling. They can't wait to get out of there. It's like the time I got sent to the Black Executives of America conference in DC. Lol. I felt the same way. Dirty.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah...........This isn't having the effect they think it is. They are pissing off the wrong demographic considering who he is running against. DEI hire? Ditch the hoodrat act? Isn't Black? the GOP is really really out of touch with the Black community. When it was those two old white guys the apathy ran rampant in the Black community. After all the repubs are always bad for us and the other dude wrote the 94 crime bill. We have been promised a lot by one side only for them to sit on their hands once they are in office. The other side has been taking a sledgehammer to the Black community since the 60's. Black people have lost faith in the system all together. However, now you are talking about a chance to put the first Black Woman in as POTUS? All the GOP is doing is pouring gasoline on the fire.

Yup. They’ve paid a few token Black women to be their mouthpiece but it’s not working at all. And Kamala is an AKA at that? Even my sister who is a Delta said they have a big voter push for her. 

And I fully recognize there are at least 8% of the Black population who is actually republican for whatever fuck reason and he will get those votes, but anyone else? And Icono was here a few weeks ago thinking they were going to get 20% of the Black vote? 

Phaedra Parks Reality Tv GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

My guess is that's all performative. If Trump loses again or if he dies all of that will go with him and nothing will become of any of it.

It’s hard to overstate how lost in the wilderness the GOP is going to be after Trump is gone.  There is zero bench: Couch Fucker? lady heels DeSantis? Hot Wheels? Sleepy Tim Scott?  Dog Shooter?

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

At least some of the rats are coming out of the sewer and being exposed for what they really are thanks to their allegiance to donald JAIL trump.  Hope there are many more after the election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I have no idea what this means.

It means I'd recommend going back to the lake and drinking more beer because it beats real life, that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

As a father of a 6 year old who is really into Pokémon, I've been thinking about working this line in.

If you can hold on one more year they will be into Roblox and you can at least get a different set of characters to annoy you with. Small victories and whatnot

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The bolded really, really pisses me off.  Stupid bastards were going to throw away democracy as a protest.  Fucking enraging. 

It should have pissed me off, but it surprised me instead. The kids are smart and politically aware. 

But it made me realize that a lot of young people don’t really understand how serious of a situation the country faces. I don’t talk politics with my kids. I’ve always assumed they are smart enough to see through the bullshit, but now I’m not so sure. I’m going to have a conversation with them and send them a write up of my thoughts. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The bolded really, really pisses me off.  Stupid bastards were going to throw away democracy as a protest.  Fucking enraging. 

That’s now way to talk about chainsaw, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But it made me realize that a lot of young people don’t really understand how serious of a situation the country faces. I don’t talk politics with my kids. I’ve always assumed they are smart enough to see through the bullshit, but now I’m not so sure. I’m going to have a conversation with them and send them a write up of my thoughts. 

Another thing to consider is that all they've ever known their whole lives is voter suppression and antidemocratic (the system, not the party) propaganda. There's a whole lotta deprogramming that will be necessary, and it takes fucking years

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump is just getting lazy at this point.  Little Brian Kemp? That’s the best you got?  It’s like Lyin’ Kamala. Break out a new nickname every once in a while.  Trump is not so quiet quitting.

The best part is he completely missed the layup by using the wrong insult.  Lyin’ Brian rhymes perfectly and just rolls off the tongue and he couldn’t piece that together

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

I don’t know your 20 something kids but I seriously doubt they are going to be all that interested in a “write-up” of your political thoughts. 

Apparently unlike you, my kids respect me and my views on various topics. Sorry your kids think you are an idiot. Thoughts and prayers. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Apparently unlike you, my kids respect me and my views on various topics. Sorry your kids think you are an idiot. Thoughts and prayers. 

Can you make it a PowerPoint presentation and share it with us? Except don’t call it PowerPoint around them, it’s a slide deck I guess 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Bullneck said:

Our CEO loves Trump.  

The weird thing is he's pretty sharp and insightful about a lot of things, and more so than most of his division presidents.  It's a complete head scratcher.

I know dozens (100+?) of CEO’s that also are Pro Trump. They are conditioned to think in simple black and white stereotypes of a) Republicans good for business, b) Democrats bad for business. 

While this is a gross misleading oversimplification, it’s the environment they are in so they are just blind to facts. It’s why I respect the heck out of CEO’s, like Sydney here, and others who’ve deprogrammed themselves. I got out of that mindset in the mid-2000’s. But in the early 1990’s I was listening to Rush Limbaugh bs. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Can you make it a PowerPoint presentation and share it with us? Except don’t call it PowerPoint around them, it’s a slide deck I guess 

Pfffft. I created Tik tok videos for them. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So as of right now, Walz, Shapiro and Mark Kelly are scheduled to meet with Kamala in D.C. tomorrow for VP interviews.

Buttigieg met with Kamala yesterday I believe, and he was out fundraising for her in NH today. Pritzker had a Zoom with Kamala already. Pritzker's definitely out of the running, probably Pete as well. 

Haven't seen any updates yet regarding Beshear.

That’s bc Beshear is already the pick and she’s just doing Zoom/in person rejections and making sure they stay on board as powerful surrogates. She’s kept this locked down tighter than CDC hiring a new coach  

/my theory 

• Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

My point was a conversation was probably sufficient and a “write-up” likely a bit overboard. Also, my kids are 2 and 5, so calm the fuck down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Our CEO loves Trump.  

The weird thing is he's pretty sharp and insightful about a lot of things, and more so than most of his division presidents.  It's a complete head scratcher.

I think, in addition to Dbeasy’s point about good for business, they also like seeing an “executive” type say what he’s thinking. You know behind closed doors and among their elite friends they bitch and moan about having to include half the shit corporations do to attract and retain employees. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You ever tried drawing hands? 

Sure I have. I have a stack of thanksgiving turkey art from the early 1970s to prove it. Sorry you suck at art, I even got a gold star and a “good job!” sticker for one of them.

This is the broader issue. If we can get past the immediate “Trump era,” we have two big tasks. First, society as a whole needs to shove the shitheels back under the rock where they had lived for decades. “Make being a huge piece of shit socially unacceptable again.” Second…the right is going to have to figure out a way to define itself that doesn’t involve - and numerically require - open appeals to hate, authoritarianism, and shittiness. Right now, they can’t win elections WITHOUT the “giant piece of shit” vote. If we can get them to a place where the next thing becomes true (they can’t win elections WITH the “giant piece of shit” vote), then we’ll be at an interesting place.
I’m not holding out hope that we can get there anytime soon. They are all-in on this, and they’ll be there for decades to come.
  • Hook 'Em 2