2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

MAGA is going to linger like a cancer in American politics and society for the rest of my life. The power vacuum post-Trump may cause them to fracture and cede control of the GOP something resembling what we'd historically think of as the establishment or never Trumpers; but the ideas, the hate, the radicalization will all still be out there. At a minimum I expect a long term, low grade outburst of violence if/when MAGA no longer wields the controls of a major political party.

MAGA has already turned on the GOP a bit, between Trump’s rants in Georgia this weekend (I think he hates Kemp and Raffensperger and their wives more than he hates Democrats), Trump ranting on social media about needing to purge the GOP of anybody who doesn’t like him, and things like Greg Abbott trying to purge the Texas House of Republicans who won’t do what he says.

Right now, MAGA (the concept) can’t win without the old-school Republicans, aka the GOP, and the GOP can’t win without MAGA.  With that said, we are reaching a point where MAGA can’t win with them either, but MAGA doesn’t care about anything other than being MAGA and shitting in their hands and putting it on a t-shirt.  The old-school GOP is reaching a point where it can’t win with MAGA,  but it actually cares and would actually tone down the racism and the misogyny and back off on things like trying to stop birth control in order to win.

And I know they are closely intertwined, and I know MAGA came in part from the GOP, but the difference between the two is that the old-school Republicans in the GOP would roll the clock back to pre-Trump policies and platforms if it meant they had a chance at winning every few elections going down the road.  Sure, plenty are racist and homophobic, but they will keep it hidden if it helps them win.  MAGA is all in on openly being shitheads and refusing to compromise, and they can keep the GOP down for many years to come and they won’t care as long as they can apply their purity tests to candidates.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some of y’all are overthinking this to a point that you don’t want Shapiro to be the automatic front runner, as President Harris’ 2nd term is ending, in 2032. The important time frame is the next 90 days.

Uh I’m focused on 2024. Not 2032 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some of y’all are overthinking this to a point that you don’t want Shapiro to be the automatic front runner, as President Harris’ 2nd term is ending, in 2032. The important time frame is the next 90 days.

Um, none of us are thinking about 2028 or 2032. We are strictly thinking of the next 90 days. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I mostly agree, although I think they’re more cynical than it appears. They correctly assess the degree to which they can be valuable to non dominants who traffic in race hatred by being willing mouthpieces for their beliefs, while making bank at the same time. As Trump ramps

(Sorry. Got interrupted.) As Trump ramps up the race talk, the price to take smoke from black people increases dramatically. This is probably the best time to be a grifting biscuit because the GOP is paying top dollar. The earlier post that referenced “non dominants” should have read  “dominants” instead. My bad.

• Drool 1

37 minutes ago, Satchel said:

(Sorry. Got interrupted.) As Trump ramps up the race talk, the price to take smoke from black people increases dramatically. This is probably the best time to be a grifting biscuit because the GOP is paying top dollar. The earlier post that referenced “non dominants” should have read  “dominants” instead. My bad.

IMG_1482.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Just saw a Harris ad with the slogan "Let the Future Begin."  I don't watch too much TV so maybe it's been out there for a while and I just missed it.

Here it is:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

not sure who this falls on, but a Dem higher up needs to sit down fetterman / far left / the squad and read them the riot act. this isn't about being to close to the center and further left, it's about beating trump. this is a fight for the future of this country. trump 2025 is all laid for all to see, he's going to gut this country and leave a shell of what once stood. 

save the infighting for after the election win 

Yeah good luck with that all anti trump voices are not rational, they want their guy to win in the giga tent party. Or 10% sits this one out, enough for the orange clown to win.

We already went through with this last month.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I just read Posobiec's WIKI.  It's just about the worst thing I've read in years.  What a complete maladjusted asshole. 

I don’t know. Have you read Laura Loomer’s?

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

One of my wife’s friends from HS is absolutely convinced there are anywhere from 3 to 5 Biden body doubles that make all his public appearances. Like believes down to the bone the govt can

a) find 3-5 dudes in their 70s to 80s that look and sound enough Biden to fool millions of people 

b) keep that fact a secret in this day and age

How do you have any type of meaningful discussion with someone like that?

This is some Qanon shit, and I do mean it's literally Qanon - they've talked a lot about body doubles and swapping out politicians and who is really in the WH.

If she's into Qanon, then she believes that Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks and other Hollywood celebrities are trafficking children and harvesting their adrenochrome to stay young (don't ask me what it is, it's some bullshit fluid they fixated on, and Oprah and Tom look their ages).

So ask her if she's seen Tom Hanks lately and mention he's got a new movie coming out, and that he seems to have lost a few pounds and that there's something different about him, maybe some plastic surgery, or maybe a new diet.   Ask her if she's ever seen a Hollywood star pull off looking younger like he did, and send her these pics - mention the first one is from last year

230509155857-tom-hanks-021823.jpg?c=16x9

And that the next two are from a movie he worked on this year.

p0j7ptm8.jpg.webp

p0j7pthj.jpg.webp

If she loses her mind, run with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, gmr548 said:

MAGA is going to linger like a cancer in American politics and society for the rest of my life. The power vacuum post-Trump may cause them to fracture and cede control of the GOP something resembling what we'd historically think of as the establishment or never Trumpers; but the ideas, the hate, the radicalization will all still be out there. At a minimum I expect a long term, low grade outburst of violence if/when MAGA no longer wields the controls of a major political party.

Brian Kemp is still a guy that signed a 6-week abortion ban. Most Trump antagonistic Republicans are still with the party for a specific reason. Higher profile officials like Kemp can just win on personal brand. Maybe it'll happen with no name state legislators or something but I think "former Trump-era Republican" would be pretty damning in a Democratic primary in all but the most purple of districts.

Don't know what he has or hasn't said on the prisoners, but he absolutely congratulated Putin. I believe the angle he was taking was sarcastically congratulating Putin for getting the better of Biden; you know, since bringing those folks home was such a low value achievement and all.

This is probably true.  But the worst form of the cancer that will linger is the P2025, christofascist authoritarianism.  But they won't be able to hide the latter behind the dumbass appeal of Trump and MAGA.  They'll actually have to try to sell it on its merits.

Both ends of it are going to be ineffectual, as far as winning the national election.

We're gonna have our hands full for a while in Texas, though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Self loathing Blacks. Gotta love em.

When I was growing up I remember looking around and the community was so broken. I remember being so angry that we didn't pick ourselves up by the boot straps. Then I did the required reading and starting seeing how there were obstacles intentionally placed at every turn and it all started to make sense to me. I read about the run on black owned anything as soon as the Union soldiers cleared out during reconstruction. I read about Debt Peonage. Jim Crowe. Racial Covenants in property deeds. Redlining. Nixon's War on Drugs. Reagan's War on Drugs. Mass Incarceration. Now when I drive through poor areas I see the highways cutting through. I see the lack of corporate investing. I see how even though they are in the same county, the tax dollars find a way to clean the trash on the side of the road in some neighborhoods over others.

What I don't understand is any educated black person who did the required reading, shrugged, and went on to grifting for a check. How can you hop in front of a camera and embarrass your entire family and heritage like that? Even if you actually believed the things you said, you know damn well why you are being propped up. It's okay to believe but don't let people use you against your own people to say the things they can't say about your community. It doesn't bother them to log onto twitter and see a snippet of you saying something posted by some hillbilly saying, " see...he is one of the good ones".

and before BrothaHorn points it out I see the irony of being on here and people saying "this guy gets it!". Lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Pretty funny global market circuit breakers triggering which is a direct result of the runaway lunacy of the shitbag democrats and y'all are still over here in the corner stroking your flaccid micropeens about the dumbest presidential candidate to ever run.

Enjoy the CBDC, UBI, and social credit prison your stupidity help construct as they strip all your financial assets away.

image.png.66e20bf27530efeb6e3f4bf472c47482.png

Hopefully next time you get reincarnated you won't be so gullible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 21

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Pretty funny global market circuit breakers triggering which is a direct result of the runaway lunacy of the shitbag democrats and y'all are still over here in the corner stroking your flaccid micropeens about the dumbest presidential candidate to ever run.

Enjoy the CBDC, UBI, and social credit prison your stupidity help construct as they strip all your financial assets away.

Swam, is that you?

What an absolute gem of a high quality post 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This far out, the polls mean nothing, and you have your voting suppression and whispers about refusing to certify elections to keep your mind busy. Stay on task, soldier.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2