2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

45 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Based on what little I read the scope of the selloff is an overreaction and it's more related to interest rates than the jobs report. 

The Federal Reserve should've cut interest rates by now. They seem to have blinders on. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I live in one of about 8 districts that has a dem in the state legislature and a trump flag went up around the corner. Pretty disheartening, but i posted in 2020 after Biden won, a bunch of American flags went up on my street the following day, including my house. But in general, it really does feel that the full maga movement is far more muted this time around.

It's maga now. Like e e cummings.

If the market was surging because it knew he was going to win, is this him admitting that the market now knows Harris is going to win?

Great thing about saying whatever you want, even when it contradicts earlier things you said. It doesn’t even matter.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is it my imagination or is this the most attention a VP search has ever received? Probably because of the condensed time frame I guess.

I think the lack of a primary or incumbent adds to it. The field was wide open.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah fucksticks, no VP talk in the…. um…. election thread.

Just like I better not see the name Quinn Ewers in the 2024 football season thread.

Don’t football my cloakroom!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

You run a generally tight ship with a great experience but man sometimes you come out of deep right field with some strange shit.

He's not the kind of guy that would allow two "T-Bone's" in the office

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Can we still post here about smash burger availability? 

You have to take it to the "Smash burger's that democratic VP candidates prefer" thread. Not to be confused with the "Which VP candidate would your wife smash" thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

If we are forced to only talk about VP stuff in one specific thread, then I humbly suggest that the title of that thread have some indication that it is for VP discussion…. Because it currently does not.

GOD DAMMIT. TAKE THE VP TALK TO THE....The 2024 Democratic Candidate Sweepstakes thread!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

image.thumb.png.82c42bb0d22e6a6b3d755239951a411d.png

image.thumb.png.3abdc6e4b92d18ae9e3fa2d6440b125f.png

How weird. Apparently, something changed. 

Take it to the stock market thread, but not the one not in the cloakroom because this involves CR related material, so you need to start a new thread in this forum (or find a very old thread and bump it).  Ideally the new thread title should be something like "place to discuss things other than the stock market" to make it really clear that it is the stock market thread. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

As a resident of Collin County, if it were to flip the whole damn state is flipping. Collin is still quite Trumpy/Maga.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Even with all the growth coming into that county? I assume it's gerrymandered to shit? I don't know enough about that area.

Yeah it is the closest of the big counties I listed to flipping....within 4-5% at least in the 2020 election 

I was gonna say Collin County is closer to center than maga strong, heck Allen rejected all the sitting maga city council members and replaced them a few months ago in their city council elections.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You run a generally tight ship with a great experience but man sometimes you come out of deep right field with some strange shit.

Sometimes I think there's a Helobious type thing going on, where he just wants to see the rise he gets out of people. It's very strange.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Sometimes I think there's a Helobious type thing going on, where he just wants to see the rise he gets out of people. It's very strange.

Everyone gets their own VP reaction thread. We going Texags up in this bitch 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Y’all are very generous of his ship running skills and providing a great experience. 

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

He’s a dick tater.

That will go over so well in Florida.

Rubio has repeatedly denounced Maduro and the situation in Venezuela. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1