2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What is Morning Consult? Thanks.

Tracking poll. 

Ahead of the 2024 presidential election, Morning Consult is conducting thousands of surveys every day, asking registered U.S. voters if they plan to vote for Vice President Kamala Harris or former President Donald Trump in November, as well as how they view these candidates and other top political figures

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

In LA during the Olympics I see plenty of Kamala ads and no Trump ads. There are however some sad ass "Everything sucks. Gas is so expensive. Its the democrats fault" ad that plays over and over sponsored by the Western States Petroleum.

In my opinion the best way to combat reachable Trump voter types is to challenge their perception that everything sucks in the world. Instead of Simone Biles and Celine Dion and Noah Lyles people are focusing on stupid negativity because its what they are being fed online. 

People often yearn for the 90s, and the 90s were great. But in the 90s there were a bunch of people that listened to Rush Limbaugh that thought the 90s sucked. The post pandemic 2020s are great, but people have a million Rush Limbaughs in their pocket with a VESTED INTEREST IN MAKING YOU BELIEVE THINGS ARE SHITTY

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

In LA during the Olympics I see plenty of Kamala ads and no Trump ads. There are however some sad ass "Everything sucks. Gas is so expensive. Its the democrats fault" ad that plays over and over sponsored by the Western States Petroleum.

In my opinion the best way to combat reachable Trump voter types is to challenge their perception that everything sucks in the world. Instead of Simone Biles and Celine Dion and Noah Lyles people are focusing on stupid negativity because its what they are being fed online. 

People often yearn for the 90s, and the 90s were great. But in the 90s there were a bunch of people that listened to Rush Limbaugh that thought the 90s sucked. The post pandemic 2020s are great, but people have a million Rush Limbaughs in their pocket with a VESTED INTEREST IN MAKING YOU BELIEVE THINGS ARE SHITTY

I've def said, as have others, that Harris exudes positivity and joy.  People want that. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I don't think it's that weird, VP talk and candidate search were always a different thread. The problem is Kamala shored everything up within like 8 hours so that thread didn't have a purpose because it became general election talk. VP search should have been split out a while ago but I just didn't think about it and would rather have it there so it's easier to re-read later on. 

It's also going to be the main gamethread for the DNC instead of this one, because this isn't the appropriate thread for the DNC just like the RNC had it's own thread. 

A LOT of updates are being missed because of the intermixed VP talk instead of just the stuff related to the race like polls and events from the candidates. I will reiterate that it's not even that strict of moderation it's just making this fast moving thread a little bit easier to follow for the non f5ers.

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

i have to admit, while i try to not to be the cliche of "i don't know what you people are talking about, i have never heard of britney spears" bullshit, i had genuinely never heard of adin ross before today and now i know he sniffed andrew tate's chair while he was out of the room and and that he blew his fugitive escape plan out of romania.

and this guy has been anointed as some sort of taste-making influencer?

what the ever loving fuck?

At least 30% of adult Americans think Donald Trump hung the moon.

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought he just confused that topic I didn't know he thought that the immigrants were actually in some type of asylums LOL wow they should fry him over this for being a complete moron. 

• Haha 1