2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Josh Marshall posted a very upbeat update late this afternoon. There's more there. You should subscribe if you don't already.  A Miscellany of Observations - TPM – Talking Points Memo

image.thumb.png.936ce703555cc57ed5d83b9461dfeec7.png

He forgot the end of that paragraph, which should be “against a proven rapist, conman, carnival barker, with the intelligence of a fence post, and yet we are all supposed to sit here and pretend this is normal and way too much of this country has brains of tapioca". 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

00a1e999-021d-4d2c-8a65-531b6aabf0ef.png

It's like no one remembers all the rags talking about the coming inflation in 2020 long before we knew who the pres was going to be. And who was the guy at the helm in 2020 Donald?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Oh, come on.....

Kama(black)

Covfefe?  Even my spellcheck tries to correct it.  I have to go out of my way to fuck it up. See, Kamala is automatically corrected.  He deliberately fucked it up. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Japan back to thinking Trump is gonna win.   /MAGA

KAMALA AND THE RADICAL LEFT TRIED TO HIROSHIMA JAPAN'S ECONOMY. BUT THE GREAT JAPANESE PEOPLE - WHO ARE VERY SMART PEOPLE - NOW UNDERSTAND TRUMP IS BEST FOR JAPAN AND ARE SHOWING IT TODAY.  WE'RE NOT GONNA NAGASAKI YOU. AS LONG AS YOU BUY AMERICAN!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Yes that one.  We don’t need to message board so hard we pretend take Yale grad head of cia ambassador to UN pilot President is dumb. 

All of that is still possible.  W graduated Yale, too.  

GHWB was at the mercy of a bunch of campaign stooges, like all of em, so mistakes were made.

Nonetheless, he's behind Clinton I think as one of the smartest of the last 50 years or so.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

What the fuck is Kamabla supposed to be? 

36 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

He has no idea what it’s supposed to be. It was probably a typo initially, and he just rolled with it. 

37 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Oh, come on.....

Kama(black)

IMG_7014.jpeg.d2cac705b3309ef42c2a5e8bac402001.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

What the fuck is Kamabla supposed to be? 

Weirdly relevant sonsidering the Paris olympics?

Kamabla sounds French, no?

I'll answer for you,

French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why is that? 

Adin Ross's and xQc's audiences are mostly immature males, under 18 years old, who can't vote and the ones over 18 are very unlikely to vote.  Kick is a cesspool and does not police it's streamers hardly at all. Everyone kicked off twitch for being an asshole/racist/bigot goes there, which mean there are lots of dumb things that they do and say that will be tied back to Trump (more Ross than xQc who was paid up to $100 million in a deal to stream there for 2 years) for having a sit down with him. Kick (`1 million users) is like the X of the streaming world compared Twitch (`140 million users) being the pre-Elon Twitter. 

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Fucking dotard posting this shit?

I laugh every time I see this picture. Kim Jung Un is thinking what a fucking dumbass, guy next to him is trying not to just bust out laughing, the 3rd guy is just like holy shit! The poor general is like please don't salute me you are going to get me killed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Pretty funny global market circuit breakers triggering which is a direct result of the runaway lunacy of the shitbag democrats and y'all are still over here in the corner stroking your flaccid micropeens about the dumbest presidential candidate to ever run.

Enjoy the CBDC, UBI, and social credit prison your stupidity help construct as they strip all your financial assets away.

image.png.66e20bf27530efeb6e3f4bf472c47482.png

Hopefully next time you get reincarnated you won't be so gullible.

Man, I have historically been pretty unenthused and continue to hold mixed feelings about the prospect of a Kamala Harris presidency.

However, one thing I do know without a shadow of a doubt is that you consistently excel when given the opportunity to prove you are one of, if not the dumbest poster in the history of this board. From football to the CR and everything in between, you have set a standard that the rest of us are in awe of.

Given that track record, and this latest addition that may as well have been copy-pasted straight from Texags, maybe I should be more excited.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

When did I miss this Kamabla thing.  Is it supposed to be an insult of some kind?

No idea, but is the "-bla" another attempt at claiming she's not really black?  It's stupid/childish enough for Trump to embrace.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What would a Collin, Montgomery, and maybe even Denton county flip mean in terms of the state?

Not just a blue Texas at the presidential level, but a monstrous blue wave that would transform Texas politics overnight. Allred would win. The Texas House would flip. I don't know what Texas Senate seats are up this year but Democrats would make major gains and potentially flip it if the right seats are up. Three Dems on the SCOTX. Local level government and judicial sweeps across the metro counties that hold 70% of the state population.

I assume you don't realize how red Montgomery County is. Suffice to say, that isn't going to happen. Deepest red/largest margin Republican county in the country. GOP losing there would be like aggy losing an online poll (there is, uh, a lot of voter overlap there). A world where Montgomery County flips is a complete implosion of the Texas GOP.

The aggregate Collin/Denton county vote is a decent bellwether for the state though.

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That’s the Hannibal Lecter thing.  We went there through this like 1-2 weeks ago.  It makes eerie sense when you see through clips in chronological order.  

In his defense, he's been trapped in the VP thread the past two weeks. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unsure what his numbers were there the last 2 years but Montana has elected Democratic senators and governor so if the bloom is off his rose it’s not a slam dunk. 

Not a chance in hell Harris gets more than 45% here. And a Democrat won't win the governor's seat here for at least another 20 years.

Tester isn't beating Sheehy in November either.  Tester knows it, too, because he's turning more and more right in his ads. 

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Only 1 of the 4 Republican Presidents of my lifetime was/is of reasonably above average intelligence. That's their party at this point. The annoying part is that it took Trumpism for the college-educated population as a whole to realize it. Hence the ongoing shift. 

6 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Well of course someone who graduated from Yale can't be an idiot

George-W-Bush.jpeg

I despise W these days, because W was at the helm in 2003 and gave the final go-ahead on invading Iraq, but I was around his 98 and 2000 elections as a volunteer and sometimes worker, and I saw him a few times and he sounded every bit like a fast-talking Texan who had been educated at Yale and Harvard.

And the New York Times picked up on that, when they wrote an article in 2000 about his first political race, back in 1978 in West Texas:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/072700wh-bush-lubbock.html

LUBBOCK, Tex. -- George W. Bush was seething with frustration. Here he was, feeling as Texan as the chaw he liked to tuck under his lower lip, and he had to smile gamely while the audience snickered at him as an alien in cowboy boots.

It was 1978, and the 31-year-old Mr. Bush was trying to get a start in politics by running for Congress here in West Texas. A candidate forum was under way, and his rival was needling Mr. Bush with an oft-repeated joke in which he was the punchline, a yarn that reinforced a perception of him as a spoiled rich kid from back East.

Mr. Bush campaigned feverishly from morning to night in his white Oldsmobile Cutlass, usually running late, his volunteers sitting beside him and struggling to domesticate him. "He chewed tobacco," recalled Lisa Nowlin, one of those volunteers, "and we always had to carry a spit cup so he could spit out the tobacco before he saw the Methodist preachers."

Older people were sometimes put off by what they saw as Mr. Bush's cockiness, but the young volunteers were dazzled by his enthusiasm. "No matter how late the activities of the previous evening, he was always up early the next morning and working in a way I'd rarely seen in Lubbock," said J. Michael Weiss, whom Mr. Bush met while shaking hands at a shopping mall and turned into a volunteer county chairman.

While Mr. Bush now is sometimes mocked for an ignorance of policy details, back then people thought he had the opposite problem: a tendency to drop references in his speeches that baffled audiences, like a discussion of anti-inflationary economic policy.

"He was quick, a bit too quick, so that people didn't always get it," Mrs. Davis said. "He was so darn intelligent that a lot of what he said went over people's heads. He's learned to explain things a little better since then."

Another problem was that while Mr. Bush never really had a clear campaign strategy, Mr. Hance did: he focused his campaign on emphasizing local ties and on casting Mr. Bush as a carpet-bagger from the East. One of Mr. Hance's most effective radio spots was this one, read by an announcer:

"In 1961, when Kent Hance graduated from Dimmitt High School in the 19th congressional district, his opponent George W. Bush was attending Andover Academy in Massachusetts. In 1965, when Kent Hance graduated from Texas Tech, his opponent was at Yale University. And while Kent Hance graduated from University of Texas Law School, his opponent" -- the announcer's voice plunged -- "get this, folks, was attending Harvard. We don't need someone from the Northeast telling us what our problems are."

Mr. Hance believes he taught Mr. Bush two lessons. First, he said, he showed Mr. Bush the need to cultivate the religious right, those church-goers who he had largely ignored during the campaign and who in the end voted against him on the alcohol issue.

And second, he thinks, he helped teach Mr. Bush the need to be more folksy. As Mr. Hance put it: "He wasn't going to be out-Christianed or out-good-old-boyed again. He's going to be the good old boy next door."

Here he is debating Ann Richards in '94

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I despise W these days, because W was at the helm in 2003 and gave the final go-ahead on invading Iraq, but I was around his 98 and 2000 elections as a volunteer and sometimes worker, and I saw him a few times and he sounded every bit like a fast-talking Texan who had been educated at Yale and Harvard.

And the New York Times picked up on that, when they wrote an article in 2000 about his first political race, back in 1978 in West Texas:

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/072700wh-bush-lubbock.html

Here he is debating Ann Richards in '94

W is a fucking moron hth.

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So the only campaign for dotard this week is Montana? He's gotta be there to pick up some laundered money to haul back on his 757, right? It's impossible for him to lose Montana.

I don't know what the fuck he's doing, but given that the RNC cut way back on their field offices earlier this year/last year, and given that most of his rallies seem to be more about collecting contributions than trying to energize votes to get out and vote, it's like his people don't give a shit.

And it doesn't help that his rallies are basically the airing of grievances, because if you constantly tell people that everything is rigged against you, that the election was stolen from you in 2020 and that if you lose again, it's because the Deep State rigged the election against you, well people might just start to believe that the election is rigged against you, and if they believe that, why should they bother showing up to vote?

• Hook 'Em 1