2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

LMO Eli Klein of the New Yorker thinks NY is in play for Trump because of "progressive antisemitism" because "Jews know why Harris didn't pick Shapiro"

Come On Please GIF by NBA

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I don't live in either the Houston area or DFW, but I'm hoping to see Collin become like Fort Bend in that the diversity effect tips the scales. I understand conservatives are moving into the northern parts of Collin, but what's going on in Plano and Allen? 

Plano and Allen are becoming more diversified, but much of that growth comes from south Asian immigrants. During the last election cycle, there were south Asians running for offices as conservatives.

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

image.thumb.png.c73d1ef9fb733d49a3fab81b6d66de7f.png

The first press release from Team Fascism just changed the name from Shapiro to Walz from what they had already prepared. At least it seems so because it makes no sense other than if you read it with anti-Jew glasses on. 

image.thumb.png.d96b94fc595f01e2d6f6d5c57f5551a8.png

Marist with new fav/unfav numbers (no topline yet) with change since July 22

Harris -1 (+1) with 5% undecided
Trump -8 (-3) with 2% undecided
Vance -8 (-6) with 22% undecided
Walz +4 (n/a) with 70% undecided

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Because the Democrats seem to have their shit together in a way we haven’t seen since 2008, I’m still concerned they will fuck it up somehow.

With that said, Trump has to ditch Vance, and do it soon.  Putting aside fans of household furniture fornication, Vance is not bringing new people in or getting the base worked up,

You just stay out of it. JD Vance is just fine right where he is!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Marist with new fav/unfav numbers (no topline yet) with change since July 22

Harris -1 (+1) with 5% undecided
Trump -8 (-3) with 2% undecided
Vance -8 (-6) with 22% undecided
Walz +4 (n/a) with 70% undecided

Translate that for me. Harris has gotten less favorable, and Trupm has gotten way less favorable, am I reading that right?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Translate that for me. Harris has gotten less favorable, and Trupm has gotten way less favorable, am I reading that right?

Harris went from -2 to -1. Trump and Vance got worse. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Harris is still net unfavorable, but has improved slightly. Trump and Vance have both moved significantly down and are viewed less favorably than Harris. Walz is viewed favorably and there’s not a baseline from which to determine movement yet.

Also, the jury is still largely out on the VP candidates, as indicated by the substantial “undecided” responses.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm so glad we have 3 threads for this. My head would've exploded if we put it all in one place. 

I dunno the obsession to be the opposite of Texags is literally the most insecure thing on this site, I can read other threads.

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Then the conservative christians should be happy as that is what they want. Just don’t call their god allah and its same same. 

Bingo.  I don't see why they freak out so much about Sharia Law.  They want a theocracy.  It's right here on their Favor order form.  Sorry they didn't sufficiently specify what brand.  Maybe, must maybe, you shouldn't fucking order a theocracy for our democratic motherfucking republic, you giant pieces of christofascist shit.

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I doubt he tweeted that on Aug 60th though. 

But....he WILL.  I can count, man....that's only 54 days away!

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sad that this is what passes for politics these days. 

What infractions sir?

FIND some. /sobel

100% that vibe from these pathetic pieces of shit.

We have a choice between being led by a bunch of Sobels, or a Dick Winters crew.  It's that kind of divide.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm clearly not part of the majority here but this feels like an unforced error.  While I don't really think VP picks matter, she 100% has to win Pennsylvania to win and instead of picking the very popular governor she went with a guy from a state that was never in doubt.  I think Shapiro would've locked down PA and don't think picking him would've impacted Minnesota or Michigan. It can be framed pretty easily that she didn't pick Shapiro due to him being Jewish (even though that isn't true).  The honeymoon bump is over and now its about to be a race.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I'm clearly not part of the majority here but this feels like an unforced error.  While I don't really think VP picks matter, she 100% has to win Pennsylvania to win and instead of picking the very popular governor she went with a guy from a state that was never in doubt.  I think Shapiro would've locked down PA and don't think picking him would've impacted Minnesota or Michigan. It can be framed pretty easily that she didn't pick Shapiro due to him being Jewish (even though that isn't true).  The honeymoon bump is over and now its about to be a race.  

🙄

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

She's not losing Pennsylvania.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Serious question. Has their been a Republican Prez or VP nominee who was Jewish ever in modern times?  Know the Ds had Liebermann. 

Trump converted in his mind

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Serious question. Has their been a Republican Prez or VP nominee who was Jewish ever in modern times?  Know the Ds had Liebermann. 

No, no Jewish President or Vice President in American history.  

Henry Kissinger was probably the GOP’s highest ranking Jew

6 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

This would be true if Shapiro was reluctant to help her win his state. He's already said he'll be campaigning for her anytime she's in the state. It's pretty simple for him to say, if you voted for me, you need to vote for Kamala-Walz over Trump-Vance. And it can be framed plenty of ways to make her an anti-Semite. She's married to a Jewish man. She met with Bibi when he came over to stump for Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1