2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

This has trainwreck written all over it.  It's a coin flip on whether Musk turns on Trump mid-interview.  It Trump's world, people are either for him or against him.  Friendly outlets like FoxNews and Newsmax are going to do their best to carry him through an interview.  But Musk is just a nutter with a ego that rivals Trump.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

It's a coin flip on whether Musk turns on Trump mid-interview.  It Trump's world, people are either for him or against him. 

Well, Elon is most definitely all in for Trump.   The interview will look a lot like this

hbk.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

This has trainwreck written all over it.  It's a coin flip on whether Musk turns on Trump mid-interview.  It Trump's world, people are either for him or against him.  Friendly outlets like FoxNews and Newsmax are going to do their best to carry him through an interview.  But Musk is just a nutter with a ego that rivals Trump.   

They are both ultra fucking weirdos who only vaguely resemble human beings. There is  ZERO chance it wont be the cringeworthy thing you've seen in months. If its just the two of them left unchaperoned, the sky is the limit on weirdness:

Q:"Whats going on, what did I miss?" 

A: "Not much, just watching two weird men scissor"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Do people even really care about the George Floyd protests/riots anymore?

MAGAts most definitely do; that, the border and WOKE is all they care about.   It is non-stop scare-a-thon from the campaign, folks like Clay Travis, Tucker (and the rest of the rightwing loudmouths).   It is probably 90% of what they are running on.      

• Hook 'Em 4

Not one but two from Mother Jones

And an opinion 

But, it's Cusack.

This is pinned. 

That's what has been underneath the centrists feeling great. It's the screechy preachy edge that likes him too. Like A LOT.

Maybe Jen Psaki has it right. Throw out the white boards. He connects with people. He did it without a good idea of how to use a teleprompter. He's a natural. But, he's also a coach, NCO, and probably a teacher in his heart. He knows how to work a crowd. He did it in Philly, the Viking fan connected with a notoriously tough audience. 

90 days coach. Let's get it 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Do people even really care about the George Floyd protests/riots anymore? I don’t see that one sticking for the still persuadable voters.

It's an odd avenue for the repugs to be taking - "Remember when the last repug president's term was so miserable and people were so unhappy that rioting was taking place all over the country??  Well, that hasn't been happening now under the Democrats, but it was their fault!"

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

It's an odd avenue for the repugs to be taking - "Remember when the last repug president's term was so miserable and people were so unhappy that rioting was taking place all over the country??  Well, that hasn't been happening now under the Democrats, but it was their fault!"

The young girl on CNN brought it up against Scott Jennings - the guy who gassed peaceful protestors for a photo op? The guy who incited a mob to attack the Capitol and refused to call in the NG to get it under control? Not a lot of room to talk 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Js1 said:

The young girl on CNN brought it up against Scott Jennings - the guy who gassed peaceful protestors for a photo op? The guy who incited a mob to attack the Capitol and refused to call in the NG to get it under control? Not a lot of room to talk 

I still remember him gassing people so he could take a photo holding an upside down bible. I just don’t see it working anymore for people who aren’t full blown maga. I think he might seriously stroke out in the next few weeks with humiliation. Yeah I know it’s not going to be a blowout but fuck it damn well should be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I don’t remember the last time I was this fucking pumped about a presidential ticket. Yeah I was excited about Obama. But this is different. 2008 didn’t have the end of the republic lurking around the corner. It’s fucking on

Right? I was kinda like… sure I’ll vote Obama. I mainly did it to impress this one chick I was interested in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

When I think West Coast vibe I think Tim Walz 🙄 

really really disappointed with Trump this cycle. Low energy. Not even putting minimal effort into his nicknames and insults 

I feel like he's confusing Vance with Walz.

Because that all sounds like a perfectly fair criticism of His VP. Bay Area tech bro; gtfo out of midwest asap; only returned to fuck over rubes (after he's done with the couch)

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

They are both ultra fucking weirdos who only vaguely resemble human beings. There is  ZERO chance it wont be the cringeworthy thing you've seen in months. If its just the two of them left unchaperoned, the sky is the limit on weirdness:

Q:"Whats going on, what did I miss?" 

A: "Not much, just watching two weird men scissor"

Whose doing the interviewing? Elon? Or will they both just ramble on top of eachother.  Will Elon spark a joint? Will they snort drugs? Will Trump shit talk him to his face?

Gonna be nuts.  TheThrilla of Vanilla

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Well, Elon is most definitely all in for Trump.   The interview will look a lot like this

hbk.gif

Sure, I get the intention. But Musk is also the guy who regularly gets pissy in earning calls, insults investors and causes the value of his company to drop.  He is not stable.  And Trump isn't great at not offending people.  

I think Musk is looking to build a political machine beyond Trump, beyond 2024.  He wants to use Trump, but if shit starts going sideways, he'll call Trump an idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Whose doing the interviewing? Elon? Or will they both just ramble on top of eachother.  Will Elon spark a joint? Will they snort drugs? Will Trump shit talk him to his face?

Gonna be nuts.  TheThrilla of Vanilla

Nothing would surprise me. First question

16678d8e-0f32-4bed-a2bb-4cbb487e51b1_text.gif.431f9be6ad2a12a6084353dcae0e2c10.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck yeah I do.  Already ordered.  I'll be in the sunflower patches hammering late-season dove when it shows up, wearing it with fucking pride.

Yes.  A Democrat, wearing a camo hat, with my gun, that I've owned and known how to shoot my whole damned life.  How you like them apples, you weird incel GQP fuckers?

Directions to said sunflower patch? And gate code also. 

I have 5 cases of dove loads in 12 guage and a case of 20 guage if you need them.

24 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Sure, I get the intention. But Musk is also the guy who regularly gets pissy in earning calls, insults investors and causes the value of his company to drop.  He is not stable.  And Trump isn't great at not offending people.  

I think Musk is looking to build a political machine beyond Trump, beyond 2024.  He wants to use Trump, but if shit starts going sideways, he'll call Trump an idiot.  

Musk has tied his future to Trump at this point. He red-pilled himself and has fallen off the cliff and been a complete detriment to society. He only survives with Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Sports MAGA makes me have the sads.

It’s sad. 16 years ago, Mack had Obama at DKR. That wouldn’t fly for an SEC coach now, and probably not even in the Big 12

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I wonder how many smart and well positioned Republicans are left (I know I know) who at some point realize this is their best option to save themselves from what they have gotten into with Trump and MAGA (gotta put both clips together)

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Musk has tied his future to Trump at this point. He red-pilled himself and has fallen off the cliff and been a complete detriment to society. He only survives with Trump. 

if elon doesn't address him as "sir" while also having tears in his eyes, trump might get offended.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

He has my vote now he has my undying devotion.

You're just a sinner I am told,

Be your fire when you're cold,

Make you happy when you're sad,

Make you good when you are bad,

I'm not human, I'm a dove

I'm your conscious, I am love

All I really need,

Is to know that you believe

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

41 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm pretty sure that Musk will still be insanely wealthy with a devoted following of techbros and angry virgins regardless of what happens to Trump.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1