2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure you were able to glean that he meant the VP salary specifically, but if your point was that much of his audience would not do so then I agree. 

yes, that was my point. That is a fun raising email to a bunch of rubes. You can spell out the math at the top, but do you think they really carried that all the way to the middle of the post?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

The Kamala HQ team is savage. Imagine going to work every day where your job is to make fun of Donald Trump.

f5ebb9be-fce7-45df-9e87-2ccaaa23f787.png

The shitty black and white picture of Trump has to piss him off beyond belief.  They should continue doing that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

probably at a factory that re-opened due to inflation reduction act money. 

The minority participation in this one  is.......lacking

image.thumb.png.948c15758dfa815adb1396173e91488b.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

The better assumption is that the necklace was loaned to her for the photograph.

The allegation that she bought a very expensive necklace on the heels of the news that Trump allegedly took a $10M bribe from the president of Egypt toward the end of his 2016 campaign is a new level of impotent rage.  Really, just impotence.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

Things I wonder—

If you think Biden has nazi ideas, you must surely then believe trunp has even harder nazi ideas—right? 

How do you cheer for Black athletes at UT? Do you use the n-word? I’m going to guess that’s a yes.

@Pimphand is most definitely a hard R on his n-word.  And looks around for approval from others when he says it.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah get those oil prices down so refineries shut down and the drill baby drill crowd gets laid off because they won't be drilling baby drilling.

Refineries love low oil prices.  Rest of your post is spot on.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Whoa seriously? Is this whole campaign just about grifting money and not even caring whether he wins? Or makes no sense to close field offices, unless they are still open in swing states. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I hope this isn't fleeting.  I personally don't think I've ever felt this kind of energy from a campaign but I had never felt democracy could be in peril until January 6.  All of this is giving me optimism.  

Obama 2008 energy 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Whoa seriously? Is this whole campaign just about grifting money and not even caring whether he wins? Or makes no sense to close field offices, unless they are still open in swing states. 

This is old news. It was news when he shut them down. And the answer is, it's about grifting money, and the assumption his win was guaranteed and/or he's going to steal it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Would a necklace like that ever really depreciate in a "normal" economy?  I guess its value could fluctuate with the spot price of gold.  I doubt it would ever take a 20% hit like the average Volvo probably does once a new owner drives off the lot.

A lot of times celebrities are given items to wear for the camera for marketing purposes. That doesn't mean that necklace is her personal collection.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The plan is to steal the election with SCOTUS, I imagine.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

To aid us in answering this q, we must ask ourselves, If the RNC field offices were paying rent in a building Trump owns would he:

a. close them

b. have them torched and then try to collect the insurance

c. quintuple the rent

d. allow them to continue under the same terms

Because the correct answer is (c) we can conclude he saw no way to grift off of that money the way he could do so if that money were in the RNC treasury, controlled by his family. Because we also understand Trump's an arrogant prick who desperately wants to become president, grift and stay out of prison, I conclude he closed those offices out of pure arrogance AND an overwhelming desire to grift whatever piddly funds he can get his grubby little hands on. He is who he's always been.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

About the necklace, yes, both it and her clothes from that shoot could have been on loan to the stylist. And there are many similar-looking necklaces out there that aren't $62K. It's pretty common to see a well-known Tiffany or Cartier design "duped" at a lower price. Just google Kamala's Tiffany necklace for them to appear ready to purchase for the low price of $165.

But I hope (and bet) it's fucking real and hers and that she keeps wearing it. And then I hope some TikTok account runs pictures of Melania carrying various Hermes handbags and talks about their price tags because each runs anywhere between $10K and $75K (or more). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Covri said:

No, but I ate one out of a trash can once.

15 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

But was it above the garbage line? Hovering like an angel? 

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Adjacent to refuse is refuse.

Luckily, Eric the Clown was there to put out the fire with his big shoe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chainsaw said:

Tim Walz is badass AF and I want him to be VP

Just stopped his speech to make sure someone nearby got water.  Take care of each other! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They’ve got something planned. Trump has literally been telling his supporters they don’t need to vote.

Actually, he's been telling them this is the last time they need to vote.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

55 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The minority participation in this one  is.......lacking

image.thumb.png.948c15758dfa815adb1396173e91488b.png

Maybe. But are all those guys like 6'7" or is the campaign putting children to work?

image.thumb.png.3f6c61693af6e8dd225f15321672e8da.png

image.png.69d7fff1bd8c6040c18de913b26e26ef.png

what if ticket juking becomes the wave of the future.  with hillary et al, you have decades of messaging making people hate you.  can't overcome that.  harris/walz, nobody knows until a few months out.  media saturation of national campaign dollars is able to define you in the short time span, can't counterprogram that in the same time frame.  sort of a plaintiff advantage in litigation of defining the case that is lost when you stretch things over a year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They’ve got something planned. Trump has literally been telling his supporters they don’t need to vote.

Yep. They’re going to start howling on Election Night and will try all kinds of fuckery trying to steal it after-the-fact. I’m sure the hope is that it will come down to one or two battleground states that might be close enough to flip on a technicality or court ruling, or somehow have it thrown into the House for a vote there.

• Hook 'Em 1