2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like by September, Trump will be endorsing Harris/walz.

Only if he thinks he'll get a pardon out of it because they feel bad for the sad old man.

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is old news. It was news when he shut them down. And the answer is, it's about grifting money, and the assumption his win was guaranteed and/or he's going to steal it. 

Yup and it didn't get the attention it should have when that occurred. Everyone was still focusing on Biden's age. 

This is what they should be asking his campaign right now:

A lot of us have been saying it was going to his astronomical legal bills. 

On another topic - apparently after Trump's interview with the black journalists association there was a mutiny in his campaign according to Rick Wilson:

Spoiler

It may have been on another thread, but the question why Trump isn't having more rallies could be related to the campaign's finances. However, I think it's more that he can't handle the grind but also that he's embarrassed by the small crowds he is drawing. Trump HATES that and the optics of seeing Kamala's enormous crowds compared to his pitiful audiences of old white people:

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think it's a lot simpler than that.  He's scared.

And I actually don't really blame him for that.  Less than a month ago, he came within a few inches of having his head blown off.  I don't think it's particularly surprising if that was in his brain when thinking about whether to do another rally.

He only does the rallies for fun, anyway.  I'm not saying that there isn't a campaign benefit associated with a candidate's rally, but that's not why he does them.  He does them because he thinks they're fun.  But worrying about getting shot in the fucking head isn't very fun.  And if they're not fun anymore, then he's not going to do them.

So like debates?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy fuck. These people are batshit crazy. Looney fuckin' tunes.  Yeah, the antichrist sent Tim Walz to fool us.

I love how he works in calling Walz “weird” a couple of times. They’re trying to co-opt that word much like they made “woke” a bad thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

and will try all kinds of fuckery trying to steal it after-the-fact. I’m sure the hope is that it will come down to one or two battleground states that might be close enough to flip on a technicality or court ruling, or somehow have it thrown into the House for a vote there

The problem with this kind of fuckery is the SCOTUS decision to grant absolute immunity to POTUS

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Check out the insane energy at JD's next stop.....gonna be lit

The body language and facial expressions from the tall guy on the left are worth the watch.

Probably also a bad look for this douchebag to tell a room full of blue collar workers his family can't afford groceries.

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The problem with this kind of fuckery is the SCOTUS decision to grant absolute immunity to POTUS

They'll somehow reverse their decisions when it is clear Trump isn't winning anything.

• Hook 'Em 3

I was watching Bulwark on YouTube earlier. Tim Miller and some other ex-republican were discussing the Walz pick. I usually like his show.  Being an ex-republican myself, but today they were a bit more than irritating. They both thought Kamala should have picked Shapiro. Here is the strange part. Up until a week ago I felt the same way. I had never really heard of Tim Walz and I know how important Pennsylvania is. So, Shapiro had to be the choice. Right?

Well, after just one week of getting to know more about Walz, I feel like I know the guy. Enough so, that the Shapiro talks was honestly pissing me off.  I'm more excited about Walz than I have been anyone running for POTUS or VP in a long time. It is just hard to explain. I think it has to do with the sense of normality that he brings. I'm just so tired of the choices we have been given the majority of my lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

The body language and facial expressions from the tall guy on the left are worth the watch.

Probably also a bad look for this douchebag to tell a room full of blue collar workers his family can't afford groceries.

SOON

image.png.00b8e36b343002e5785b60a777851cb0.png

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

I was watching Bulwark on YouTube earlier. Tim Miller and some other ex-republican were discussing the Walz pick. I usually like his show.  Being an ex-republican myself, but today they were a bit more than irritating. They both thought Kamala should have picked Shapiro. Here is the strange part. Up until a week ago I felt the same way. I had never really heard of Tim Walz and I know how important Pennsylvania is. So, Shapiro had to be the choice. Right?

Well, after just one week of getting to know more about Walz, I feel like I know the guy. Enough so, that the Shapiro talks was honestly pissing me off.  I'm more excited about Walz than I have been anyone running for POTUS or VP in a long time. It is just hard to explain. I think it has to do with the sense of normality that he brings. I'm just so tired of the choices we have been given the majority of my lifetime.

The never trump coalition zeroed in on Shapiro “winning Pennsylvania” from an electoral college perspective. Which is fine but they haven’t been able to zoom out and see there was more than 1 factor going into picking a VP.

The nice problem to have is that Harris had half a dozen of strong candidates to choose from. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Those guys had to stand around for 45 minutes waiting for him to show up.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I love all this shit. Can the good guys please not fuck this up, dem since the age of 6 walking with my grandma to vote in pleasant grove. This is a slam dunk right? Because losing this one will be bad

The good news is, this is August, not February, and so there’s a lot less room for the Dems to fuck up.

Meanwhile, because there’s so little time, it seems to have panicked Trump and they’ve wasted a couple of precious weeks already. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Was it the one with Sarah Longwell? That was taped like right after Walz was named IIRC. 

The Bulwark found out that Trump's campaign helped to fuel an anti-Shapiro whisper campaign so that's likely why Tim and Sarah are bent because they believe the Trump campaign didn't want Kamala to pick him: https://www.thebulwark.com/p/trump-world-fueled-anti-shapiro-whisper-campaign. They are looking at it from the perspective of purely "this locks down Pennsylvania" rather than a bigger picture. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

I appreciate your openness to Walz and embracing it. 

Here's the problem with Tim Miller and the Bulwark guys. They don't care about policy or making this country a better place for everyone. They have strong enough morals to denounce Trump, but honestly it kind of ends there. Also they are all Beltway people and can't sniff authenticity if it sat on their faces. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Everyone: STOP BEING WEIRD.

GOP: Yeah, sure. Like I’m going to take advice from some lizard mafioso who’s clearly just doing the bidding of goblin masters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, dcbc said:

Oh gawd, you posted a yarn.  Prepare your anus.

Did he post it in the Yarns thread? If so, it’s okay.

And if it’s a Yarn about where you can or cannot buy a smashburger, those are wildcards and may be posted in any thread on any board. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Everyone: STOP BEING WEIRD.

GOP: Yeah, sure. Like I’m going to take advice from some lizard mafioso who’s clearly just doing the bidding of goblin masters. 

So wait, the media are the lizard people?  But they are controlled by the Goblin Masters?  So who are the Goblin Masters?  Are they the Democratic Elites?  Or just non-MAGA voters?  Or are they actually like other-worldly goblins come to ruin America from points beyond?  

I mean, I'm not saying these people should be marginalized.  But would it kill them to make a fucking flow chart so I know where everybody stands?  

• Haha 3

In the history of the overlap of television and political campaigns, has any one candidate had an entire news network so openly campaigning for them while simultaneously and even more vigorously spewing constant relentless negativity re: the opponent for free?

Is that weird? Seems weird to me. And pretty fucking unAmerican.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So wait, the media are the lizard people?  But they are controlled by the Goblin Masters?  So who are the Goblin Masters?  Are they the Democratic Elites?  Or just non-MAGA voters?  Or are they actually like other-worldly goblins come to ruin America from points beyond?  

I mean, I'm not saying these people should be marginalized.  But would it kill them to make a fucking flow chart so I know where everybody stands?  

I'm like 90% certain "goblin" is just code for jew. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Going to be an exciting day when the RNC’s books get audited and we find out Lara Trump’s been funneling money to some offshore account. 

And nobody will bat an eye because that is what the republican party is now, all for their cheeto god trump.

• Like 1