2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fuck no. You don’t pay Trump’s bills. If anything you go to the towns where he owes money and hold your own events. Then you pay your own obligations and say you did it to help the community out because Trump is a deadbeat. Let the “king of debt” stay in debt. 

Plus trump ran on his supposed ability to get Mexico to pay for "the wall," he'd absolutely pounce on the opportunity that he got Kamala to pay his bills for him, and quite a few people would eat it up.

A much, much, MUCH better plan? Have the campaign bankroll a lawsuit against him from one of these towns over the unpaid fees. Put Kamala being a prosecutor and in favor of justice on display.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Depends on the punctuation.  He's speaking quickly.  He could have said "And we can make sure that those weapons of war that I carried, in war is the only place that those weapons are at."

It's not clear that he claimed he carried weapons in war.

Or, and I thought I heard this "those weapons of war that I carried and war is the only place those weapons are at."

• Hook 'Em 3

Trying to sue your way back into the White House doesn't work if you get your ass blown out in most of the states. He's also slipping in the polls so he can't pull his bullshit of how "I was winning in the polls, how could I be losing at the ballot box without rigged elections". Kamala and Walz need to bring the pain so he'll drop out like the craven cunt he is. He doesn't want to suffer the indignity of a black....err Indian woman kicking his ass. I think he's so upset that getting shot at didn't hand him the White House. He really thought he was destined to win after that. Then people remembered just how much of a piece of shit he really is. 

Trump really needs that judge in New York to put him in jail in early September. That's his only remaining play to both save face, drop out, or get some sympathy points. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Trying to sue your way back into the White House doesn't work if you get your ass blown out in most of the states.

None of these will come to trial and have a verdict in 90 days. The trial will not happen before the lawsuits happen. All that would occur is a bunch of news stories about Kamala trying to help some scammed towns get justice.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump has given up? He's cooked and he knows it.

Having lived through many cycles, never seen the Dem enthusiasm so high. LFG!

He's not. But, if/when he thinks he is, things will get weird.

(we have not yet seen weird)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

That was her Black side as my momma used that tone many time on a young Pancho 

I was just thinking anyone who doubts she is black never had a black woman teach any of their high school classes. I got that tone many a time (also a few well aimed chalkboard erasers I had to duck)

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure the can't win progressives will cry like the little bitches they are about her shutting down the protestors. Frankly, they can get fucked. The person you're protesting can help make things a lot better for Gaza if you'd shut the fuck up and get out of the way. 

Not to mention shes actually one of the only people in the entire government actually calling for people to listen to palestinians. She *agrees* with the protestors. More likely, those people were republican plants, tbh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think it's been posted, but it could stand being repeated.

Harris is also now winning independents, something Biden was not doing. Harris is up 9 points with independents (53%-44%). She was down 14 points with them last month. And in early July, Trump was beating Biden by 4 points with the group.

Harris has also improved with white voters overall. Harris has gone from 40% with white voters overall to 46% in this survey, which is closer to where Biden was, and that’s very high for a Democrat. In fact, no Democrat has scored that high with white voters in a presidential election since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Biden got 41% in 2020, Barack Obama in 2008 won 43%.

That improvement is mostly because of college-educated white women. White voters without degrees, a core Trump base group, are heavily in Trump’s favor and their margin is unchanged. Two-thirds of college-educated white women, though, are now in Harris’ camp, which would be far higher than the percentage that sided with Biden in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure the can't win progressives will cry like the little bitches they are about her shutting down the protestors. Frankly, they can get fucked. The person you're protesting can help make things a lot better for Gaza if you'd shut the fuck up and get out of the way. 

I voted 3rd party!!!

image.gif.b17831676bf99a5cdcdd8c5adc271819.gif

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She handled it like a champ. Everyone but those dipshits knows the score. They can fucking figure it out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Also, she FUCKING MET WITH THEM before the rally and they still protested.  Goddamn morons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

52 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

My dad is a veteran and never saw combat. He was an aircraft mechanic in the airforce, worked on all sorts of planes in vietnam. Fuck JD Vance if he thinks my dad wasn't a real vet because he didn't go to live combat.

edit: suffice to say, my dad thinks JD Vance is a fucking idiot and is 100% aboard Team Kamala.

You're not my brother, are you? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I was just thinking anyone who doubts she is black never had a black woman teach any of their high school classes. I got that tone many a time (also a few well aimed chalkboard erasers I had to duck)

Reminds me of "The Wire", where Police Major Bunny Colvin is speaking at the assembly and getting heckled, and the black woman comes in and the kids all go "oh shit".   "Walter, I  know your mother...she didn't raise any CLOWNS, did she?"   Kid shitting his pants "no ma'am". 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

The only time I ever got detention in highschool was from my black History teacher because I kept wearing my UT ball cap to class every day. She gave me a couple of warnings, then one day I came in and got exactly that tone. She was a very close family friend that we had known since well before I was in school, so it felt exactly like a mom's tone.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

My dad is a veteran and never saw combat. He was an aircraft mechanic in the airforce, worked on all sorts of planes in vietnam. Fuck JD Vance if he thinks my dad wasn't a real vet because he didn't go to live combat.

edit: suffice to say, my dad thinks JD Vance is a fucking idiot and is 100% aboard Team Kamala.

My Son was infantry (now a pilot) and saw a lot of combat.  

My GF's son was an Air Force mechanic, never deployed, had/has a bit of a beer belly worked 8 hours a day and went home.   I respect his service too.  Everybody's got a job to do.  My kid can't fly a combat mission if somebody doesn't fuel his Apache, and...wash the fucking windshield.    If you served honorably, you served honorably.   

We don't need everybody to be Audie Murphy. 

Dave Grohl was working (too) hard on an already good song. Somebody said to him (Rick Rubin?) "hey Dave, every song doesn't have to be "Imagine"

2 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The only time I ever got detention in highschool was from my black History teacher because I kept wearing my UT ball cap to class every day. She gave me a couple of warnings, then one day I came in and got exactly that tone. She was a very close family friend that we had known since well before I was in school, so it felt exactly like a mom's tone.

I was gonna ask if she was aggy, then I remembered that she was black. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

My GF's son was an Air Force mechanic, never deployed, had/has a bit of a beer belly worked 8 hours a day and went home.   I respect his service too.  Everybody's got a job to do.  My kid can't fly a combat mission if somebody doesn't fuel his Apache, and...wash the fucking windshield.    If you served honorably, you served honorably.   

Dave Grohl was working (too) hard on an already good song. Somebody said to him (Rick Rubin?) "hey Dave, every song doesn't have to be "Imagine"

100000000% not: https://highschool.utexas.edu/instructor/gwendolyn-cash

That's actually why I felt so comfortable walking into her class with a ball cap, I thought she'd be cool since I was all jazzed up about getting accepted into Texas, lol.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

tumblr_mor5mzuL2b1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

I need to rewatch Veep.

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think it's a lot simpler than that.  He's scared.

And I actually don't really blame him for that.  Less than a month ago, he came within a few inches of having his head blown off.  I don't think it's particularly surprising if that was in his brain when thinking about whether to do another rally.

He only does the rallies for fun, anyway.  I'm not saying that there isn't a campaign benefit associated with a candidate's rally, but that's not why he does them.  He does them because he thinks they're fun.  But worrying about getting shot in the fucking head isn't very fun.  And if they're not fun anymore, then he's not going to do them.

I heard this via some in the weeds election podcast at some point in the last couple months, so no link, but evidently there is some research that indicates that outside of specific circumstances - mainly, holding rallies in competitive/purple areas - there actually isn't much polling/electoral performance impact.

But in general I agree with you. MAGA is melting down. Rallies are far from glorious at this point and Trump has had a lot more time to sit around think about the attempt on his life than when he had to turn right around into the convention.

8 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I visited my brother on the flight line ( USAF captain rank at the time) and he introduced me to his Chief Master Sergeant; we all knew who had the utmost respect of everyone in that squadron. Thankfully my brother is the most humble person you will ever meet and raised up those leaders on his team but that NCO ran the show. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I visited my brother on the flight line ( USAF captain rank at the time) and he introduced me to his Chief Master Sergeant; we all knew who had the utmost respect of everyone in that squadron. Thankfully my brother is the most humble person you will ever meet and raised up those leaders on his team but that NCO ran the show. 

When this Russia/Ukraine shit started, there was a long parade of Generals and Admirals on TV, all saying the same thing: Russia has shit for NCO's, and NCO's are what drives an army.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I thought about rewatching Veep, but I’ll wait until the real life version ends. 

Veep is so good, and so well-written, that it's absolutely exhausting to watch. You can't laugh at a line, because you'll miss two more laughs. 

• Hook 'Em 4