2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just like to remind people that Biden won most of the precincts that cover aggy

image.thumb.png.5181666b1286a9ac7126900d80342f5f.png

aggy has a much larger footprint in the state of Texas. To our point, droves of MAGA dumbfucks, whether they're aggy or not, would drive to Kyle Field for a Trump rally.  

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Isn't abortion on the ballot in FL?

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And weed! 

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out at the ballot box, but polling seems to indicate that when you offer Floridians a chance to vote on specific policies, they are choosing the progressive position. But somehow when you add people and political parties to that, they choose the person and party that are against the policies that they vote for on the same ballot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out at the ballot box, but polling seems to indicate that when you offer Floridians a chance to vote on specific policies, they are choosing the progressive position. But somehow when you add people and political parties to that, they choose the person and party that are against the policies that they vote for on the same ballot. 

That happens in a lot of red states.  Ohio, Kansas...

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

aggy has a much larger footprint in the state of Texas. To our point, droves of MAGA dumbfucks, whether they're aggy or not, would drive to Kyle Field for a Trump rally.  

showing up to a rally and voting are two different animals 

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think it's more that people are more concerned for their own economic situation and their own rights. 

I’ve been in isla mujeres for 5 days and have overheard two different boomer couples talking about “Biden inflation” and “the economy”. They are going back to the hits because they know they are losing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

showing up to a rally and voting are two different animals 

Not like the Trump campaign would have organizers there registering voters, getting contact info for voter contacts, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Gaza is dead last among issues with RVs in that Marquette Poll 

Economy - 38
Immigration - 15
Abortion - 10
Medicare/SS - 10
Ensuring fair elections - 10
Health care - 5
Foreign relations - 3
Gaza - 2

It's tied for last with foreign relations for Dems and it's pretty darn low for independents too

Correct. I'm strongly opposed to how that war is conducted, but it's nowhere close to my top concern in this election. A few days ago, I posted a separate poll from either Pew or Gallup with similar results, showing that it was the top concern for only 1% of the public. Another one showed that even among college students, it was the lowest of their priorities.

Now, I completely understand if you're a Palestinian-American and you have relatives over there who are either dead, homeless, or being detained, why you'd be pissed off. But, as I've said for several months now, the campus protests (I think) have been largely counterproductive. And doing it at campaign events against a candidate who likely agrees with you isn't helpful at all.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“Hardly anybody in our party gives a shit about human suffering” is a weird flex. 

We all see the suffering and it's terrible but I'll be god dammed pissed if somehow, someway that's the issue that might help Trump get re-elected because soon afterward we'll be in the same boat. It's also less justifiable than what's going on in Ukraine.  The leaders they elected started a fight they can't finish and their civilians are paying the price for that. 

If that seems harsh, I'm old enough to remember the raid on Entebbe, Black September at the '72 Olympics, the Achille Lauro, and people blowing themselves up in cafes and busses in Israel, a lot of which predates Hamas.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

In the spirit of retaking American patriotism from the traitors, I would love to see the campaign embrace this and other pro-Union (both the Union and unions) songs. Let's make the right lose their fucking minds over The Battle Cry of Freedom, The Battle Hymn of the Republic, John Brown's Body, and a dozen Pete Seeger songs.  

John Seeger? It’s Bob Seger.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

IMO that is most voter bases when given the option....it's why red states rarely put progressive stuff up for votes but rather forced laws. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Polling numbers are very much bringing many states into play 

Down the ballot R’s are so fuuuuuucked 😂😂😂

What do you mean? Won't the National Committee simply deploy resources to the local level.  I mean, that's a basic function of theirs.

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

What do you mean? Won't the National Committee simply deploy resources to the local level.  I mean, that's a basic function of theirs.

not much left after Trump keeps his 99% 

how many candidates have you seen holding mar a lago fundraisers recently ?

maybe they just haven’t been promoting them 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fuck off Steph. We all remember you willingly lying for that orange piece of shit. You own a part of the idiocy that is trump/maga. I hope she gets run over by a garbage truck. Cunt. 

Sorry but the more ex-Trumpers we can get on the side against Trump, the better.  Bolton, Kelly, all of them... 

Great Team Teamwork GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Trump doing to the RNC what he has done to every business he's touched.....run it to the ground.

Almost like they should have guarded against handing the keys to a single individual who has only failed his entire life. And probably raped children. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

not much left after Trump keeps his 99% 

how many candidates have you seen holding mar a lago fundraisers recently ?

maybe they just haven’t been promoting them 

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Perhaps my sarcasm was too veiled.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

When is the last time Trump went to an event for a down the ballot R ?

Trump doesn't go to events, Trump has events and they come to him and he calls them the wrong name, misidentifies the office they are running for or just ignores them/insults them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I give you my 100% money back internet guarantee that Trump's 2pm announcement is some kind of swag/garbage he's selling with his face on it. 

Ooh, I'm gonna go with him making it all about Biden being robbed of his rightful place as Dem nominee.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

A new treefiddy only feature (https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/subscriptions/) - Live threads. You don't have to F5 anymore, we'll do it for you :)

Testing it out on this thread since it's moving pretty quickly, but it'll make the most difference on game threads during the season. 

Can we get rid of merged post?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Ooh, I'm gonna go with him making it all about Biden being robbed of his rightful place as Dem nominee.

Every time he's talking about Biden, he's not talking about Kamala or Tim and nobody outside of MAGA believes Biden's nomination was stollen.  And 80% of voters think it was the right decision (87% among Dems)

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Bringing Trump down to 42%, RFK Jr. really is hurting Tangerine Palpatine.

As a reminder, these were the 2020 results:

image.png.6927b7368963e925ee1c3cfe1a34f68f.png

I know it doesn't really work this way, but if we shave five points off of Texas, similar to that national poll, we're getting closer.

image.png.4e925887be1469b4ef15d49373e3c357.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Bringing Trump down to 42%, RFK Jr. really is hurting Tangerine Palpatine.

As a reminder, these were the 2020 results:

image.png.6927b7368963e925ee1c3cfe1a34f68f.png

I know it doesn't really work this way, but if we shave five points off of Texas, similar to that national poll, we're getting closer.

image.png.4e925887be1469b4ef15d49373e3c357.png

Which and how many counties would need to flip for Harris/Walz to win Texas?

If Texas flips, it’s going to be like Indiana/North Carolina 2008 where it just kind of happened because they got swept up in the wave. 

Edited by Js1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Every time he's talking about Biden, he's not talking about Kamala or Tim and nobody outside of MAGA believes Biden's nomination was stollen.  And 80% of voters think it was the right decision (87% among Dems)

And, it takes like one tweet from Biden to completely destroy the attack.  Of course, there is no reason to dissuade Trump from fixating on it at this point.    

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not like the Trump campaign would have organizers there registering voters, getting contact info for voter contacts, etc. 

Of course not.  But if you want a MAGA hat or a t-shirt with Trump's mugshot, that'll be $75.

Just now, South Austin said:

Of course not.  But if you want a MAGA hat or a t-shirt with Trump's mugshot, that'll be $75.

With a recurring $9.95 donation per week after.  In the fine print. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dem consultant Culvert did a Miami-Dade poll and Harris is winning it by 15.  Biden only won it by 8, while losing the state by 3.5

May not be enough to win FL, but that's a real good recovery in an area Dems have struggled with since Clinton won it by 30

I realize that the abortion and weed ballot measures are not going to get what they're polling at (both have been polling in the upper 60s). But if they end up anywhere near the 60% threshold for passage, there is a ton of room for growth by both Harris and whoever wins the Senate primary against Rick Scott, and a massive liability for Republicans downballot.

For comparison's sake, the Michigan abortion ballot won 56-44 and gutted the GOP at all levels.

• Hook 'Em 6