2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

isn't it too late to replace Trump? wasn't yesterday the registration deadline to get candidates on ballots in all 57 states?

Oh please, like Ohio and Alabama won’t suddenly make exceptions that they wouldn’t give Biden 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Trump will grift at 2pm and repeat all the same false talking points that have been posted here from Twitter....then ramble on about Biden.

He’s gonna finally say the n word on camera, I can feel it, todays the day!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

isn't it too late to replace Trump? wasn't yesterday the registration deadline to get candidates on ballots in all 57 states?

Yep.  Too late.  Tough shit.

He's the official nominee, even if he dies.

• Drool 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Which and how many counties would need to flip for Harris/Walz to win Texas?

I laid it out in a previous post a few days ago:

• Keep gaining ground in the 'burbs, especially North Texas (Collin County was close to flipping; Denton a little less so)
  • Flip Jefferson/Nueces (only need 1-2 percentage points in each to flip)
  • Hold South Texas, Tarrant, and Williamson.

I don't think it's simply a matter of flipping counties, though, unlike states because of the EC. The votes are out there to get if people turn out. LESS THAN HALF of adult Texans voted in the last presidential election, which is far, far lower than other states. Just a couple of percentage points better across the board would make a huge difference in tipping the state.

I will say that I'm extremely interested in what the real impact of all the new population in Collin County is actually going to do since all the speculation has been anecdotal so far.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ok, what about the other 55?

Those were the 2 states that had the earlier deadlines. No other state had an issue with waiting until after the DNC, as I recall

The issue is going to be would the party coalesce around Vance? Because MAGA may not, and he’s been a disaster, and some others may smell blood in the couch cushions 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

He’s gonna finally say the n word on camera, I can feel it, todays the day!

"No no, he didn't use a hard R!  Listen to this ultra-distorted slowmo clip!!!1" -MAGA

Just now, OU Sucks said:

"No no, he didn't use a hard R!  Listen to this ultra-distorted slowmo clip!!!1" -MAGA

“It’s cool, he has rappers on his side. He can say it”

I can't wait for Trump to drop the hard R and for the NY Times front page tomorrow to be covered with stories about how they talked to a hog baron in Iowa who didn't like Walz which is proof that he's not authentic. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I agree, but Bon Iver makes my ears bleed.  I get that he's from Wisconsin so that's great for them, but can we get Tyler Childers or Jason Isbell or Sturgill Simpson out in the rest of the country please?

I’m gonna go with please no, God no, and Hell no. In any order.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

There’s a reason the only people complaining Harris hasn’t done a sit-down interview are radial republicans and not media members 

Seems like they are short on supply of video of her talking policy, which they can cut up, re-edit, and turn into some sort of bullshit narrative that suits them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, aggie08 said:

I want to talk to the Arizonans who have correctly concluded that Lake is too crazy and self-aggrandizing, but are still going to pull the lever for Trump.

Lakshya Jain, who runs Split Ticket, thinks it's legit because Lake may be the the single worst Republican candidate for Senate in a state with a competitive race this cycle. 

Maybe not that big of a split (9 point difference), but Gallego is going to out-run Harris by a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

aggy has a much larger footprint in the state of Texas. To our point, droves of MAGA dumbfucks, whether they're aggy or not, would drive to Kyle Field for a Trump rally.  

I hear the kids like that Sandstorm song.

• Haha 1

Just now, Thrawn said:

This crypto cash grab could be his biggest grift yet. The only thing that will save the really stupid ones is their inability to actually figure out how to purchase crypto.

It will mostly be a money laundering scheme. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Constant said:

It will mostly be a money laundering scheme. 

Anyone not named Merrick Garland would be out in front of this about investigating anyone using crypto to fund their campaign for money laundering or foreign donations. 

Too bad he's asleep.  or dead.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Polling numbers are very much bringing many states into play 

Down the ballot R’s are so fuuuuuucked 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

What do you mean? Won't the National Committee simply deploy resources to the local level.  I mean, that's a basic function of theirs.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Trump doing to the RNC what he has done to every business he's touched.....run it to the ground.

Ditching those field offices and all those field employees may have seemed like a good way to save money when they were running against Sleepy Joe, but now they not only need the offices, but need those folks who had extensive institutional knowledge, who knew the communities and knew who to talk to on the local level.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Gaza is dead last among issues with RVs in that Marquette Poll 

Economy - 38
Immigration - 15
Abortion - 10
Medicare/SS - 10
Ensuring fair elections - 10
Health care - 5
Foreign relations - 3
Gaza - 2

It's tied for last with foreign relations for Dems and it's pretty darn low for independents too

But it matters a hell of a lot for Michigan.  

• Hook 'Em 1