2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Man, this election needs to be studied at like American University or LBJ school of public affairs or whatever schools research and educate people on politics and politicking, because what Democrats have done in such a short time is nothing short of remarkable and awesome:

- Sacked the incumbent for his VP, with 140 days to go, raised a crap ton more money, picked a homerun VP, put themselves in pole position with less than 90 days to go. 

Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in the days after the infamous debate...

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Just rambling nonsense from the get go.

Unreal. Gonna start responding to my MAGA buddies on FB who are trashing Kamala and Walz by saying how shitty is your candidate that he's losing to this awful Dem ticket.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I'm not saying I believe it but there are credible people out there saying that Trump might be dropping out. 

I think he's just going to stand in front of invited media and k

Only way he drops is if he truly believes he will lose and another person can replace him and pardon him from the federal stuff.

But it’s Trump and he always believes he is the smartest guy in the room.  And he knows he stirs up MAGA in a way that nobody else does.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Imagine trying to fact check this in real time. 

"Nope lie nope nope that's a lie nope nope big lie huge lie nope nope...."

You'd never catch up. Like ever. That's the entire strategy. Flood the fucking zone with as much bullshit as you can spew. They'll drown in it.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

If you’re voting for Trump, there’s a good chance you’re into misogyny. I think that explains the delta

Kari Lake got her ass booed at the conservative state convention.  I think she's just a bridge too far for people. 

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-eight-point-lead-donald-trump-new-poll-presidential-election-1936246

Kamala Harris has taken an 8 percentage point lead over Donald Trump, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Marquette Law School between July 24 and August 1, shows that when third party candidates are included, Harris leads among likely voters with 50 percent of the vote to Trump's 42 percent. The surge by Harris has improved the Democrats' position since May, when Trump was leading with 44 percent of the vote to Joe Biden's 41 percent.

Harris is also leading among registered voters, with 47 percent of the vote to Trump's 41 percent. In Marquette Law School's last poll in May, Trump was three points ahead of Biden among registered voters, securing 40 percent of the vote to the president's 37 percent.

Harris is also leading her opponent in a head-to-head matchup with the support of 52 percent of registered voters, while Trump is the choice for 48 percent.

Among likely voters, Harris received 53 percent and Trump 47 percent. The results include voters who initially did not choose Harris or Trump but who were then asked whom they would vote for if they had to choose.

Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign rally in Romulus, Michigan, on August 7, 2024. Harris is ahead of Donald Trump among likely voters by 8 percentage points, according to a new poll.

The lead for Harris marks a substantial improvement for the Democrats in a head-to-head lineup after Marquette Law School's survey from May showed Biden and Trump were tied among registered voters, while Trump was favored by 51 percent of likely voters and Biden 49 percent.

The poll surveyed 879 registered voters and 683 likely voters, and had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Newsweek has contacted the Harris and Trump campaigns for comment via email.

The polls have looked positive for Harris since she launched her campaign in July. All national poll aggregators now show she is in the lead, including pollster Nate Silver's model, which compiles the results of statewide polls and weights them based on reliability.

According to the model, Harris is leading Trump with 45.7 percent to his 43.8 percent.

Silver's model had indicated that Trump was polling ahead of the Democratic candidate for most of July, including in the weeks following Biden's withdrawal from the race. Harris first led Trump on July 31, according to data released on Sunday.

But despite Harris' lead, Silver noted the race remains close. He estimated Harris has a 50.5 percent chance of winning the Electoral College in November and a 66 percent chance of winning the popular vote.

Tim Walz's progressive policies popular with Republicans in swing states

Kamala Harris performs worse than Joe Biden in critical swing state poll

Mike Rogers' chances of beating Elissa Slotkin after Michigan primary win

Last week, Silver's model gave Trump a 54.9 percent chance of winning the Electoral College. Against Biden, Trump had been given a 73 percent chance of winning the White House.

Race to the White House also shows Harris winning the Electoral College, as she leads Trump with 275 electoral votes to his 262. Last week, the results were flipped, with the aggregator showing the Democratic candidate with 256 electoral votes to the GOP's 275.

Shortly after Biden left the race and endorsed Harris in July, Trump campaign pollster Tony Fabrizio predicted in a memo that there would be a "short term" bump in polls for Harris in the coming weeks as her entrance into the race was expected to reenergize Democrats, referring to the anticipated boost as a "Harris Honeymoon."

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, tx ind said:

fuckface is still harping on Biden, the world has changed and he doesn't have the ability to adapt.

His brain keeps reverting back to pre-shooting.  

Just now, tx ind said:

fuckface is still harping on Biden, the world has changed and he doesn't have the ability to adapt.

I'm honestly not sure if he knows that Biden is still president. 

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lakshya Jain, who runs Split Ticket, thinks it's legit because Lake may be the the single worst Republican candidate for Senate in a state with a competitive race this cycle. 

Maybe not that big of a split (9 point difference), but Gallego is going to out-run Harris by a bit. 

I mean, I get it, she's truly awful. But if you were putting out a casting call for a female Trump, she wouldn't even have to audition. She is Trump. Just trying to wrap my head around the voters who see through her grift but can't connect the dots on Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’ve been in isla mujeres for 5 days and have overheard two different boomer couples talking about “Biden inflation” and “the economy”. They are going back to the hits because they know they are losing. 

Throw a Bohemia Oscura on 'em.

• Like 1

“If she is president our country is going to be a giant fail.”

Just now, Radical Larry said:

I heard Transgender World season passes are on sale. Perfect stocking stuffer for the holidays. 

Any other worlds available? 

• Haha 1