2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out at the ballot box, but polling seems to indicate that when you offer Floridians a chance to vote on specific policies, they are choosing the progressive position. But somehow when you add people and political parties to that, they choose the person and party that are against the policies that they vote for on the same ballot. 

IDK man, I think that's wish-casting.   I don't mean to be the guy at the party who brings out the acoustic guitar, but most, dare I say all, the Trumpkins have not changed their minds.  If anything they've gone from Fox stupid to OAN crazy... and it's a lifestyle they're loving!  All their friends, the church, and patriotic small businesses they know reinforce their world view.

I know of folks in Key West (Shark Key) who had to take down Pride flags THIS YEAR because they were getting threatened.

Republicans have built (over the past 15yrs) a dominate Spanish language propaganda network in Dade, and it's crazy to see, it would be impressive if it weren't so sad.

Florida is hardcore gerrymandered, controlled by the state house and senate, and Desantis has his own state wide police force deputized militia tasked with "protecting elections".

North Florida is the deepest south you can get.  Florida is done unless/until things radically change and I'm sorry to say Kamala/Trump are within the margin of error.   So no it's only going to get worse.  Although I seriously hope I'm mistaken.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, I get it, she's truly awful. But if you were putting out a casting call for a female Trump, she wouldn't even have to audition. She is Trump. Just trying to wrap my head around the voters who see through her grift but can't connect the dots on Trump.

For a sizeable chunk of the population, that behavior is good when a white man does it and bad when anyone else does it.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

He’s going to announce that his new nickname for her is M Night Shamalamadingdong and conclude his press conference. 

To be fair...."Shamalamadingdong" DOES get 'em all up and dancing down at the Dexter Lake Club.

12569176-de2b-4266-9f09-d8538f9907b2_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m working and listening , but not really watching, can’t hear the questions, and his answers just have all these random non sequiturs that it’s hard to decipher what the actual question was lol.