2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

A little crosstab fun from that one:

image.png.595b4b867fb58bf2ed0d9de910d0af3e.png

Trump is losing the over $100k income vote in that poll. He has one sweet spot, 75k-100k.

That's tracks with my experience

• Haha 1

Just now, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the inevitable turn to 1996 when downballot Republicans start going "Trump who? Who the hell is Donald Trump? You need to elect me to put a check on Kamala Harris" and basically treating 2024 like it's her first midterm election and not a presidential election. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hunter wanted to try out for the pole vault team but was told no way that thing is cleaning the bar !

"He's the only athlete that always has his pole on him!"

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Red Five said:

He just said Walz wants to kill babies after birth. 

I'm legitimately curious where this came from, even they just aren't going to make something up, it has to be something that they are intentionally misrepresenting, and looking like idiots in the process. Reminds me of the whole "partial birth abortion" thing from I think the 90's, which implies a live birth (also not true). I just don't get it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ashli Babbitt absolutely fuming in hell right now.

I suppose the Capital officer that was beaten to death doesn’t count to Trump. I would like someone to call him on this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Radical Larry said:

Not only do you have to deal with the blowback from different turnout expectations, you have to completely revamp your campaign approach.  All those commercials you made and have been running with the focus on Trump vs. Biden - they are poison now.  They need to switch it up to local politics. 

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm legitimately curious where this came from, even they just aren't going to make something up, it has to be something that they are intentionally misrepresenting, and looking like idiots in the process. Reminds me of the whole "partial birth abortion" thing from I think the 90's, which implies a live birth (also not true). I just don't get it.

The number of people who believe this because of their lies is insane. Probably the worst thing the GOP has going at the moment, and that's saying something. If you can convince people that Democrats are killing babies post birth, they can internally justify any action or violence.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Listening to this on the radio in the car.  This fucker is insane.  How can anyone hear this and say he should be the President of the United States.  In fact, if you had a friend or a stranger talking like this to you at the bar or a party, saying” I’m the best and everything good is because of me and everything bad wouldn’t have happened if I was in charge” you would tell that person to go fuck themselves.  

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

Fucking this.

It's getting harder and harder for me to not immediately turn into a raging asshole and castigate friends/family/co-workers who mention they are still supporting this shit stain in front of me.

This is what I struggle to understand. It’s completely obvious that he’s a complete buffoon. How can people not see this? I know many voters don’t care. They just vote that way because they are rich or a religious nut, but everyone else should be intelligent enough to see that they are being played for suckers. It’s maddening. I will say that most of my friends that still support him are the less intelligent ones. It’s almost a perfect correlation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

If his "she became Black" and "my crowds were bigger than MLK" doesn't have him plummet, I'm ready to just plunge myself into the ocean with concrete shoes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1