2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I will say that most of my friends that still support him are the less intelligent ones. It’s almost a perfect correlation. 

This is partly true for me too. I grew up in a small town and it's mostly the dudes who never moved away that still vocally support Trump.

But I also see it from other people who I know are smart. I work from home most days but was in our office in Houston this week and one of the leaders of our group, a very smart man but definitely a boomer, had a fucking 24x12 photo on his desk of Trump's post-shooting-fist-in-air pose. He wanted to chit chat with me but I just shook my head and kept walking down the hall. I just can't get my head around it.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

His brain skipped a few cycles while he was trying to remember the word "man". No wonder he is only doing one event a week.

Uh, oh, that's going to reduce his score on the person-woman-man-camera cognitive test.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

History books will say that we just didn't know how to handle someone like that. The lies come so fast you can't even fact check them. He does terrible things so quickly that you forget about the last one after its happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

If his "she became Black" and "my crowds were bigger than MLK" doesn't have him plummet, I'm ready to just plunge myself into the ocean with concrete shoes. 

Please don’t. We can’t afford the displacement. 

• Haha 1

Wow. What a total train wreck. I guess his next Truth zing about Harris not answering questions is going to hit hard in his mind. 

He could have talked crowd sizes that entire time if allowed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

“…Heavy into lots of different worlds.”

and tell me something Mr. Trump, what color is the sky in these worlds?

does he just have a running recording device in the bathroom where Junior does blow all night with friends and Kim and then just uses those ramblings as off-promoter talking points the next week?  Sure feels that way.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I was in a meeting so only got snippets—did Harris agree to the Fox debate or is that turnip just spewing shit again?

I’m sure you can answer this yourself based on every other thing he’s ever said.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

37 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He said earlier that the FBI has someone else in custody from his assassination attempt. What was that? Did I miss a huge news story?

Anyone seen Melania lately?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I was in a meeting so only got snippets—did Harris agree to the Fox debate or is that turnip just spewing shit again?

I think he said he'd made arrangements for debates with NBC, ABC, and FOX, but that those networks still needed to reach out to Harris.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

NBC, ABC, and Fox News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-says-wants-face-harris-3-debates-september-rcna165840

His numbers must be absolute shit if he agreed to the ABC and NBC debates.  The rumors that the GOP’s internal polling is approaching Dukakis levels maybe true.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 3

“During his announcement, Trump seemingly got some of the dates incorrect. Both ABC News and the Trump campaign later clarified that the ABC News debate would take place on Sept. 10. The Fox News debate was previously proposed for Sept. 4. 

A source familiar with the plans said that the NBC News one was set for Sept. 25, which was one of the options the network gave the campaigns as a date.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Grassroots support popped like a balloon

Bullet took his hearing away

The conservative base apathy in Texas is telling. Nobody is riled up with fake rage over Whitmire or Hidalgo in Harris county. Bodes well for chances of state house.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

MSNBC after was talking about how today was good for Trump because now everyone is talking about him and not Harris/Walz. They were then pointing out the good portions of his "press conference". All so matter of fact, like they were covering a normal politician saying normal things. 

That's okay.  NYT.  LIKE REALLY???

Trump’s rambling, disconnected-from-reality monologues have long been a staple of his political persona. Biden, especially in the debate, also delivered rambling digressions that often left people confused and left voters with a sense of despair about both candidates.

• Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

And that was part of his opening remarks. It's been said before but he's the guy called upon to give a book report in front of the class but he hasn't read the book.

52 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Listening to his constant lying is seriously bad for my blood pressure.

Same

• Hook 'Em 1