2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

34 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Yep and there is one party that is perfectly ok letting them continue.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that there are some people in that party who actually want more of them to happen.

29 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

How has she performed in previous debates throughout her career?  Debating a lying incoherent child is probably a bit challenging.  Additionally, dreading the idea of Trump gaining any undeserved momentum because of the completely different standard the public will hold her to.  It seems like women presidential candidates have to demonstrate insane competency and project an aura of power while also appearing soft, caring, and approachable.  Trump just needs to not shit himself and speak aggressively.  The press will be eager to declare him the winner and watch the panic that ensues.  

I’m nervous about that debate because he doesn’t debate. He bullies and yells and lies a lot and will try everything in his power to create the most chaotic and bombastic atmosphere possible. There will be zero policy discussion because he doesn’t know how. It will be the NCBJ part 2. Hopefully he’ll finally say that one thing that will drop jaws and finally get rid of him. This country doesn’t need another 4 years of his and his families childish ugliness. 

• Hook 'Em 3

She just needs to not take the bait. I'd imagine her team is going to coach her over and over using his style of "debating". She'll be ready. She just needs to stay on message and pick her moments to expose his lies. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 7

56 minutes ago, heso said:

Can someone explain internal polling to me? Why is it different than public polling and how is it more/less accurate than typical public polling data?

I don't know the full context of this question however, in general, campaigns, when they can afford it, hire a pollster or even multiple pollsters to help them determine how to best market themselves. They'll test messages. They'll also frequently take polls to track the popularity of their candidate, either state-by-state or nationally. Public polls are infrequent, certainly too infrequent to be of use to a presidential campaign. Public polls are facially unbiased in the sense that they're not paid for by a particular candidate. However, public polls are not inherently more reliable than private polls. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

yes, but very much also no.  trump's only viability he's ever had is through sucking up all the oxygen.

That was before he was a mush brained version of himself who is backed into a corner. He is a pathetic shadow of what he was in 2016.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Man, this election needs to be studied at like American University or LBJ school of public affairs or whatever schools research and educate people on politics and politicking, because what Democrats have done in such a short time is nothing short of remarkable and awesome:

- Sacked the incumbent for his VP, with 140 days to go, raised a crap ton more money, picked a homerun VP, put themselves in pole position with less than 90 days to go. 

Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in the days after the infamous debate...

You're not wrong, but it says as much about Trump and Republicans and what they are trying to force on voters as it does about Dem political acumen.

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

My brothers, stop being pussies. Did you see the way Trump acted on the stage during the Black Journalists interview? That man cannot, with his soul, allow a race he sees as beneath him equal footing during a conversation and it showed. If he debates Kamala and she challenges him, which she will, he is going to absolutely lose his shit on live TV. We are all worried that it will be Clinton all over again, but the difference is people hated Clinton, and not so much Kamala. So when he loses it and damn near calls her the N word it won't go well for him. And you know what kind of person knows how to push someone to the very brink like that? A FUCKING PROSECUTOR that's who. This mother fucker is walking into the lion's den. All Kamala has to do is bait him and let him tell on himself.

The Office Thank You GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That explains why they turned him off before it was over. 

Did they then turn it over to the studio where they analyzed the political ramifications of the gibberish?

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t get this. She’s going to destroy him. Anyone but an 81 yo Biden would have destroyed him in the first debate. He’s a doddering old fool at this point

Everyone has 2016 PTSD. Everything that happened to Hillary Clinton is now going to be the fate of every woman, and the CHUDs that crawled out of the sewers to vote unexpectedly is now going to happen every year. Except it didn't. The world righted the ship last cycle, even with the guy who rolled out the 95 crime bill and was on record being just as much a racist back in the day as Trump. The world still held its nose and pulled the lever. This scenario is totally different. We have to finally let 2016 go.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Everyone has 2016 PTSD. Everything that happened to Hillary Clinton is now going to be the fate of every woman, and the CHUDs that crawled out of the sewers to vote unexpectedly is now going to happen every year. Except it didn't. The world righted the ship last cycle, even with the guy who rolled out the 95 crime bill and was on record being just as much a racist back in the day as Trump. The world still held its nose and pulled the lever. This scenario is totally different. We have to finally let 2016 go.

Hilary did well in the debates, her losing wasn’t a reflection of her debate performance. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chopper said:

as he pointed several times to the TOP of his ear. Guys, is that the ear lobe?

Look, if you're gonna be wrong and/or lie about literally everything, you can't take a sentence off. Even something as simple as an injury to his own ear has to be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She just needs to not take the bait. I'd imagine her team is going to coach her over and over using his style of "debating". She'll be ready. She just needs to stay on message and pick her moments to expose his lies. 

My mom used to go with the sure fire "all right for you" when faced with a bullshit response. 

On 8/7/2024 at 12:32 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

He actually did say it:

But I don't give a shit. Talk about missing the forest from the trees, the dude's entire point is those guns are used by military in war, not at home.

Technically, he didn't have to deploy to be correct. Misleading, perhaps, but if he was in military during conflict time (which is always) he carried weapons of war in war (but not battle).

• Hook 'Em 2

“Donald John Trump, boy you is cruising’ for a bruisin’.  Don’t you keep on lyin’ like that and make me walk over there and slap the shit out you.”

If you know, you know. Throw in a hair flip and head bob for full effect. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 4