2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That’s exactly what the old regime would have done. Fuck that, she needs to scold him like the spoiled brat that he is. No one is going to go looking up a fact check site during or after the debate, but everyone is going to remember what it’s like to get tore up by your mom when you got caught lying. 

This 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Covri said:

Hilary did well in the debates, her losing wasn’t a reflection of her debate performance. 

And Biden winning in  2020 wasnt  a reflection of his performance in the debates. Basically,  a fuck ton of people were noping the fuck out after 4 years of that insane fat fuck. That hasnt changed. I doubt the debate (or debates  if he actually does more than 1,and I'm not sure thats  a certainty) will matter much. He has his base. Everyone else hates that  fuck. The more he talks, the more he drives turnout. And thats bad for Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes! Taking traditional Republican talking points, and pointing out their hypocrisy. About time Dems!!!!!

You try to vote and participate in the government /and the muhfukkin Democrats is actin like Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

The lies come too fast to fact check. You can't "win" a debate against him.

I think the key is to not respond directly. Like when he starts talking about how he had the greatest economy of all time, say that you understand that people are still struggling to deal with the inflation that came from reopening after COVID, but that things are trending a whole lot better and that you're going to make the economy even better than it was under Trump, and with a little luck, maybe even better than it was under Obama.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On your Nebraska white guy update the guys bit hard on the Walz horse semen story to try and counter the couch fucking, and spent a weirdly long time talking about how much money it would take to get them to drink a glass of horse semen. (Spoiler there was definitely a price they’d happily do it for) 

• Haha 7
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

On your Nebraska white guy update the guys bit hard on the Walz horse semen story to try and counter the couch fucking, and spent a weirdly long time talking about how much money it would take to get them to drink a glass of horse semen. (Spoiler there was definitely a price they’d happily do it for) 

$8?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I mean, don't people pretty much do the equivalent on gross-out reality shows for a chance to win money? 

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I mean, don't people pretty much do the equivalent on gross-out reality shows for a chance to win money? 

Well the conversation started right after an extended conversation on how Joe Rogan got his start 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

I’m nervous about that debate because he doesn’t debate. He bullies and yells and lies a lot and will try everything in his power to create the most chaotic and bombastic atmosphere possible. There will be zero policy discussion because he doesn’t know how. It will be the NCBJ part 2. Hopefully he’ll finally say that one thing that will drop jaws and finally get rid of him. This country doesn’t need another 4 years of his and his families childish ugliness. 

His handlers can’t walk him off the stage after 30 minutes because he doesn’t like Rachel Scott’s questions. And he won’t have the guts to tell Kamala Harris to her face that he doesn’t think she’s black.

• Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

family guy brian GIF

Dude--it's a lie.  But that's what you should say to your deplorable friends/family to convince them to vote for RFK Jr. rather than Trump.

Because in politics, the truth is so precious that she must be attended at all times by a bodyguard of lies.

• Hook 'Em 8

19 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

what? 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Did they then turn it over to the studio where they analyzed the political ramifications of the gibberish?

I was kind of surprised they bothered covering him at all today since I didn’t think it was going to be anything worthwhile. During his administration they stopped carrying Huckabeef’s pressers entirely because she just lied so consistently. They probably showed today’s address because he announced it like it was going to be something meaningful. And yes, they addressed his lies. I can’t find a video clip but before they went to a commercial break, Nicolle Wallace read through a long list of falsehoods delivered by Trump. I didn’t catch the name of the group that put it together. And they frequently talk about the difficulty of fact-checking him in real time because of the firehose of bullshit that he spews

• Hook 'Em 1

My brothers, stop being pussies. Did you see the way Trump acted on the stage during the Black Journalists interview? That man cannot, with his soul, allow a race he sees as beneath him equal footing during a conversation and it showed. If he debates Kamala and she challenges him, which she will, he is going to absolutely lose his shit on live TV. We are all worried that it will be Clinton all over again, but the difference is people hated Clinton, and not so much Kamala. So when he loses it and damn near calls her the N word it won't go well for him. And you know what kind of person knows how to push someone to the very brink like that? A FUCKING PROSECUTOR that's who. This mother fucker is walking into the lion's den. All Kamala has to do is bait him and let him tell on himself.

Fortunately she has someone on her team that can give her advice on dealing with adolescent bullies.
  • Hook 'Em 5

31 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And Biden winning in  2020 wasnt  a reflection of his performance in the debates. Basically,  a fuck ton of people were noping the fuck out after 4 years of that insane fat fuck. That hasnt changed. I doubt the debate (or debates  if he actually does more than 1,and I'm not sure thats  a certainty) will matter much. He has his base. Everyone else hates that  fuck. The more he talks, the more he drives turnout. And thats bad for Trump. 

I hadn’t really thought about it until just now, but I could totally see Trump agreeing to 3 to press Kamala to do the same, then doing the first one on Fox on his terms and bailing on the other 2 after that. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Covri said:

I hadn’t really thought about it until just now, but I could totally see Trump agreeing to 3 to press Kamala to do the same, then doing the first one on Fox on his terms and bailing on the other 2 after that. 

That’s exactly what he would end up doing. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I didn't watch the debate, and I know that Biden is old, and we've been told he was sick. But, honestly, how do you debate someone like that?

"Shut the fuck up Donnie."

"You're like a child, Donnie."

repeat as needed

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I was kind of surprised they bothered covering him at all today since I didn’t think it was going to be anything worthwhile. During his administration they stopped carrying Huckabeef’s pressers entirely because she just lied so consistently. They probably showed today’s address because he announced it like it was going to be something meaningful. And yes, they addressed his lies. I can’t find a video clip but before they went to a commercial break, Nicolle Wallace read through a long list of falsehoods delivered by Trump. I didn’t catch the name of the group that put it together. And they frequently talk about the difficulty of fact-checking him in real time because of the firehose of bullshit that he spews

My point is that a Trump press conference provides content that they can sell.  Whether they cover it live, he will say asinine shit for which they will show clips and have lengthy panel discussions.  So, Trump press conferences are good for ratings.  All of the news companies have a financial interest in him doing more of them.  

I think it's great that they are doing fact checks.  I think they are more responsible company than a FoxNews or similar.  But they both have the same business model.  

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I’m scared to ask wrf you’re talking about. 

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Keep in mind that all the reporters invited to mar a lago were sycophants. It wasnt open, it was invite only. 

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I don't believe in internal polls, I have never been called by an internal poller 😎

I internally poled your mom and she rated the experience as "very favorable."

2 hours ago, swraith said:

I just have a bad feeling about debating Trump.  He is a comedian/entertainer.  Not a high school debate club style debate.  I don't know what a win for Harris looks like at a debate.  Is there a debate that changes peoples votes, in the 7 swing states, in her favor? 

I'm not worried about it at all. Obviously the subject matter of the debate will not be treated at this level, but-  styles make fights. Whereas John Cornyn (for all his many flaws) is a patient man Donald Trump will not be able to handle this level of condescension well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Interesting study. As much as we love weird, pro-Harris messages resonate more with voters. 

You mean a bunch of people were uncomfortable telling a polling person that they were easily influenced by name calling? Almost like the polling on a question like that is worthless? Go figure. 

meanwhile the response to being called weird was loud and wildly obscure by the actual weirdos. Go figure. 

ir works. Keep doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Interesting study. As much as we love weird, pro-Harris messages resonate more with voters. 

Yes but I know we agree - "weird" helped Harris coalesce her voters. The campaign went with it because it spoke to her supporters and those who wanted to support her. That in turn has her supporters turning out in force to her stump appearances, and donating money to her campaign like crazy, both of which show her tremendous support to those who are swayable non-supporters. Her stump speech -- and choice of Walz -- will help sway the undecideds. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Funny how Dotard was just casually tossing out dates and networks, as if there were actual agreements in place.

@Red Five, I challenge you to a debate on October 34th on the Longhorn Network

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Everyone has 2016 PTSD. Everything that happened to Hillary Clinton is now going to be the fate of every woman, and the CHUDs that crawled out of the sewers to vote unexpectedly is now going to happen every year. Except it didn't. The world righted the ship last cycle, even with the guy who rolled out the 95 crime bill and was on record being just as much a racist back in the day as Trump. The world still held its nose and pulled the lever. This scenario is totally different. We have to finally let 2016 go.

Did you think Trump fared better in the debates than Hillary did?