2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I feel like a big chunk of his voters would be abstaining otherwise.

But I do worry about how well he's allegedly doing with young voters.  I'm hoping that the candidate switch can win some of them back.  Gaza was never Biden's fault anyway, but it's even less Kamala's fault.  Etc.

But, yeah, I would feel better if RFK weren't in the race.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about young voters going to RFK. The overall percentage would be very low. Especially in Texas where there is just more Trump votes to take, RFK is going to be a greater drag on Trump's numbers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Constant said:

Donald Trump Water GIF by GIPHY News

I'm assuming he does that because he lacks hand strength. My mom with carpal tunnel will do something similar occasionally to avoid dropping glasses. Or maybe it is just a really fucking weird habit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm assuming he does that because he lacks hand strength. My mom with carpal tunnel will do something similar occasionally to avoid dropping glasses. Or maybe it is just a really fucking weird habit. 

You know, a lot of people are saying he's got perfect hands, maybe the strongest hands in the country, I dunno, but that's what they're saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

RFK is going to be a greater drag on Trump's numbers. 

Yep. People who like weirdos are just gonna move to the other weirdo after they lost confidence in the first weirdo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

image.jpeg.a50aa425ca9a11ef8df3f9f6c08e2c5f.jpeg

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wait is that a Photoshop?

Nope, that aired on broadcast fox. That's why I was describing Walz as "progressive", compared to the boomer mindset and worldview he's ultra leftist. Medical care? Feeding children?? FREE COLLEGE????

He's gonna groom us all!!!! /maga

Edit: lmfao goddamnit I just saw the couches line. There WAS a version of this that aired. Fucking internet l

Edited by Captainant
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Nope, that aired on broadcast fox. That's why I was describing Walz as "progressive", compared to the boomer mindset and worldview he's ultra leftist. Medical care? Feeding children?? FREE COLLEGE????

No fucking way!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Fucking God damnit I just saw couches lol. There was a version of this though 

Yes, they do this all the time.  But this version is fake - couches? Unemployed minors? lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They aired something claiming Walz wants to tax couches?

*edit: everyone settled this just as I posted

Edited by LTbear

You know, a lot of people are saying he's got perfect hands, maybe the strongest hands in the country, I dunno, but that's what they're saying.

Everyone should start talking about Walz’s perfect hands. That’d drive tfg nuts that the 2nd on the opposition ticket was better than him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes, they do this all the time.  But this version is fake - couches? Unemployed minors? lol

I mean, putting those moochin' street urchins to work is part of the Project 2025 plan, so it seemed like that might be legit.  I was about to do some digging until I saw the couches ...

• Haha 1

So this is not scientific at all, but some political scientists / data dorks have noticed you can draw some parallels from the WA House primary results (since everyone gets a ballot to vote in a jungle primary, so it's the most representative of a general election) to the November general election:

2022: D+10 primary results = R+2 national 
2020: D+14 primary results = D+2 national
2018: D+20 primary results = D+7 national (was actually D+8)

As of now, with some trailing mail ballots left to count, it is D+17, which would equate to around a D+5 national environmental for November. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 4

3 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Popular vote +5 is around the electoral college advantage the GQP holds, right?

Biden won by 4.5 nationally.  So I think it's a little less.  Hillary lost while winning by 2.1 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So this is not scientific at all, but some political scientists / data dorks have noticed you can draw some parallels from the WA House primary results (since everyone gets a ballot to vote in a jungle primary, so it's the most representative of a general election) to the November general election:

2022: D+10 primary results = R+2 national 
2020: D+14 primary results = D+2 national
2018: D+20 primary results = D+7 national (was actually D+8)

As of now, with some trailing mail ballots left to count, it is D+17, which would equate to around a D+5 national environmental for November. 

I'm sorry, that's stupid. There is absolutely zero reason to think the WA house primary is representative of the national likely voting population. Any apparent pattern over the short term is entirely random. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3