2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They want trunp elected

image.thumb.png.296509deb86509d4eec37365283d965e.png

I'm waiting to see Kamala's platform. Last week she hired a team that includes a policy advisor. She's been smart so far, but this is something that can be easily fucked up if she plays it wrong.

I don't think they want to see Trump elected, they are using the leverage they have to get policy commitments from a potential president who could actually deliver for them. I won't shame them for how they vote, even if I disagree with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Nah, they can get fucked. Trump gets elected, they'll get deported. I'll be fine with that. 

It's not just Arabs who are part of this movement, FYI. A lot of Gen Z voters see Gaza as a dealbreaker.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

It's not just Arabs who are part of this movement, FYI. A lot of Gen Z voters see Gaza as a dealbreaker.

Again, they will get deported too. It is stupid and self-defeating. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Then they can also get fucked. But hey they'll really have something to bitch and protest about for sure if Trump is back in office. Until he brings the full force of the law down on them. I also think you overvalue just how much Gen Z really gives a shit about this outside of social media and college protest outrage. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I saw a funny tweet that I can't find now to repost but it was basically, "Kamala looks like a homicide detective rolling up to the uniforms on her 3rd murder call of the day". 

More like "JD looks like a rapist murderer rolling up on his third victim of the day... er couch."

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

No, it’s been just Arabs.

stop with this shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/7/2024 at 12:29 PM, gmr548 said:

"Immediately, if not sooner" is really flying under the radar but is an absolute gem of mush-brained Trump lines.

Lol, Best thing in that video was Trump equating support for trans people as a communist policy.  I remember so well the Soviet, Chinese, and Cambodian Communist party policies about trans people.

On 8/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, chainsaw said:

I read he served alongside NATO troops and the people he deployed with were responsible for providing support in connection with some conflicts. I don't think he ever claimed to have taken enemy fire or been in the theater of battle, but I believe him when he says he used guns while deployed.

I was actually in the Vicenza Italy at the same time he was stationed there.  The security forces/guards did carry around rifles.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I saw a funny tweet that I can't find now to repost but it was basically, "Kamala looks like a homicide detective rolling up to the uniforms on her 3rd murder call of the day". 

Paula Newsome, lead homicide detective on "CSI: Vegas" agrees with this.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Then why are the pro Hamas/Palestinian Dems getting primaried?

Unprecedented AIPAC money going into those races. Don't make a shit, though. Genocide is a legitimate dealbreaker to have.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Unprecedented AIPAC money going into those races. Don't make a shit, though. Genocide is a legitimate dealbreaker to have.

Is she running a pro-genocide platform?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I'm waiting to see Kamala's platform. Last week she hired a team that includes a policy advisor. She's been smart so far, but this is something that can be easily fucked up if she plays it wrong.

I don't think they want to see Trump elected, they are using the leverage they have to get policy commitments from a potential president who could actually deliver for them. I won't shame them for how they vote, even if I disagree with them.

They have shit leverage. The alternative to harris is a fucking disaster for them. Bending a knee to their wishes would alienate more voters than their defection. Ie get on the bus or fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

They have shit leverage.

I would disagree. She's in that state for a reason. She needs their vote, right? It's their right to have her earn it. I won't blame them for that.

Just now, safe sex said:

What does that even mean? What is a pro-genocide platform from Harris?

It means they're still working on the platform. As of today her website is silent on all of the issues, probably because it won't be unveiled until the convention.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

She agrees to meet with them, is sympathetic to their cause and then they still proceed with protests and heckling her. Strong feeling they will never be satisfied with her and her platform 

All you need is enough of them to be satisfied. I'm cautiously optimistic she will do the right things to earn most of their votes.

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

First off, what's happening is not genocide. 

But even were it genocide, the choice is binary: Kamala, or the man who moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital etc ...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I would disagree. She's in that state for a reason. She needs their vote, right? It's their right to have her earn it. I won't blame them for that.

There are other people in that state then those fucksticks. They can vote how they  want. If they want trump in office  they actually dont give a shit about their cause. They are fucking idiots about to FAFO. Its their right to be shoot themselves in the fucking dick, but dont expect any sympathy. we'll find votes other places. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, safe sex said:

No, from your perspective, what would a pro-genocide platform from Harris look like? One where you couldn't vote for her.

Unconditional support for Israel is pro-genocide. There must be a willingness to withhold money and weapons when certain conditions are not met, or when the ICJ and similar international bodies have made findings that Israel is violating international law.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She agrees to meet with them, is sympathetic to their cause and then they still proceed with protests and heckling her. Strong feeling they will never be satisfied with her and her platform 

Same vibes as the leftist response to the Afghanistan withdrawal.

The left's response to getting what they want from Biden has done more to harm progressive causes than anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

There are other people in that state then those fucksticks. They can vote how they  want. If they want trump in office  they actually dont give a shit about their cause. They are fucking idiots about to FAFO. Its their right to be shoot themselves in the fucking dick, but dont expect any sympathy. we'll find votes other places. 

That's strategic decision is hers to make. I think it's the wrong one, but she could try to find substitute votes elsewhere. I'm not sure where, but she could try.

15 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Why don’t these protest groups call for an unconditional surrender by Hamas, which would end the war?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You're not worth engaging with if this is what you believe.

Genocide:  the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. 

That's not what's happening here. Were that what's happening, this would have already been over and Gaza would be empty.  

Just now, chainsaw said:

Yeah it's childish not to want our bombs to be used on civilians

Nobody wants to use bombs on children, but unfortunately Hamas hides among children. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

That's strategic decision is hers to make. I think it's the wrong one, but she could try to find substitute votes elsewhere. I'm not sure where, but she could try.

She can find the votes among the substantially larger subset of  americans that dont want that orange buffoon to be president. If the people that will vote only on the Palestinian issue fall outside that demographic, there's nothing she can do about it. Its that simple. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Genocide:  the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. 

That's not what's happening here. Were that what's happening, this would have already been over and Gaza would be empty.  

tell that to the ICC

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Protest away starting on January 21, 2025.  Go ahead, make her life hell... but good lord wait until she gets elected first and don't give anyone ammo to use against her.

This is their best course of action.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Getting Kamala in office is step 1 to any solution that could benefit Palestine and by far the most important one.  Period, point blank. Anything that potentially jeopardizes that is a dumb fucking decision and shows that they have no understanding of leverage or how to accomplish their goal.

Protest away starting on January 21, 2025.  Go ahead, make her life hell... but good lord wait until she gets elected first and don't give anyone ammo to use against her.

I agree with you, but they see this as their best and only chance to secure commitments from her when she needs something from them. I'm not going to give them a hard time for striking a hard bargain when lives are on the line.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Getting Kamala in office is step 1 to any solution that could benefit Palestine and by far the most important one.  Period, point blank. Anything that potentially jeopardizes that is a dumb fucking decision and shows that they have no understanding of leverage or how to accomplish their goal.

This. Did they already forget this we all came together, got Biden elected and then they started to push him left on issues? With success?

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

She can find the votes among the substantially larger subset of  americans that dont want that orange buffoon to be president. If the people that will vote only on the Palestinian issue fall outside that demographic, there's nothing she can do about it. Its that simple. 

Sadly I think all of those people were already planning to vote Biden (back when he was behind in Michigan polls by a considerable margin).

Yeah it's childish not to want our bombs to be used on civilians

It's childish to use words like "demand" with virtually no leverage, and with a total disregard to what it would mean if we cut off our best (only) friend in the region. It's also childish to use a cheap straw man argument to defend it.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, TexasHooch said:

It's childish to use words like "demand" with virtually no leverage, and with a total disregard to what it would mean if we cut off our best (only) friend in the region. It's also childish to use a cheap straw man argument to defend it.

They're a shitty friend openly trying to get Trump elected. The uncommitted voting bloc does have leverage and I won't blame them for using it.