2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

48 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This would be Trump’s first outdoor rally since the shooting, wouldn’t it? He probably did shit himself.

The Daily Montanan says it will be indoors at the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse at Montana State University.

It also says Trump still owes the city for his last visit. Apparently Mike Pence and Don Jr  also made visits that resulted in public expenditures that were not reimbursed. 

The taxpayer burden

Trump’s campaign has been notorious for flaking on bills for security. According to a 2019 report from the Center for Public Integrity, Trump owed more than $840,000 to various city governments, and likely more, as Trump’s campaign does not acknowledge a single one of these city governments as debt in his federal campaign financial disclosures. 

In Billings, the protective measures put in place for his September 2018 rally resulted in 1,362 overtime hours between Billings PD and the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s office: 951 hours from the former, and 411 hours from the latter, bringing the total cost to $58,830. 

While the Yellowstone Sheriff’s office did not bill Trump’s campaign for the $12,930 cost it incurred – a standard practice the office follows for all political campaigns – Billings PD did, and as of the publication date of this article, that $45,900 bill has been left unpaid. 

Earlier that year, Vice President Mike Pence and Donald Trump Jr. also made stops in Billings. The vice president spoke at a public rally on July 25, also at MetraPark, organized by America First Policies. Donald Trump Jr. spoke at the Republican Convention in Billings on June 22. 

According to an internal memo sent to city council on Sept. 13, 2018, Vice President Mike Pence’s July 25 visit required 647.50 hours of overtime pay, totalling $31,200. Donald Trump Jr.’s visit ran $5,000 in overtime pay, bringing the total amount spent by the Billings Police Department alone on security for Trump’s campaign rallies in Billings in 2018 to $82,100. 

Billings isn’t alone. Missoula county commissioners also sent a billto the Trump campaign in 2018 for nearly $13,000 for public safety staffing costs. The county requested $10,835.41 for officer salaries, $1,059.26 for dispatcher salaries, $693.72 for Office of Emergency Management salaries, and $334.43 for miscellaneous expenses. According to Missoula County Communications Manager Allison Franz, that bill has also not been paid. 

Some municipalities, like Great Falls, don’t submit requests for payment, instead eating the cost from their own budgets. The Great Falls Tribune reported Trump’s July 5 visit to Great Falls cost the city, Cascade County and Montana Highway Patrol a total of $57,236, none of which was submitted for payment to Trump’s campaign. 

In total, in 2018 alone, Trump’s campaign cost various city and state departments – whether they billed for reimbursement and weren’t paid, or never billed at all – at least $150,000 in taxpayer money. 

“It’s a lot for a budget,” Lennick said. “It’s not something that’s built into our initial budget that we plan every year.”

https://dailymontanan.com/2024/08/08/when-trump-comes-to-town-he-brings-excitement-leaves-unpaid-bills/

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

this is the first I’ve learned that my son and his friends are Arabs

Presuming the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I bet anything there is a hot Arab chick in his group of friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Unconditional support for Israel is pro-genocide. There must be a willingness to withhold money and weapons when certain conditions are not met, or when the ICJ and similar international bodies have made findings that Israel is violating international law.

(Please move this to the appropriate thread; I apologize, I couldn’t fucking find it).

Austin Pride Parade news today:

Austin Pride president Micah Andress told KXAN that Palestinian flagsare “absolutely allowed” at the events and that the organization is “dedicated to fostering a space of love and unity where everyone is welcome.” “Our mission has always been to create a safe and inclusive environment for celebration,” Andress said.

So ironic, wouldn’t you say? Given Palestinian antipathy for gay and queer and trans folk, do you get me? Austin’s pride parade will absolutely allow this flag which seeks to exterminate the LGBTQ+ kind. Palestinian fuckoids get their meeting, and still shit all over the furniture. 

Fuck them. Let them vote R. Let them strike another self immolation match.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Joey Joe Jones? That’s the worst name I ever heard.

damn joey....taking nuts across the face from .....checks notes.....bozo_casanova

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Fuck that noise. It had Clinton up big in 2016. Get out and vote. 

K

Who in this thread thinks otherwise or isn’t going to vote? 

Calm Down Real Housewives GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah, it's a lot easier when you just vomit word salad.  Trump's working with a level of improvisation that would make Jerry Garcia blush.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Millions of acres of public hunting land here.  Hunting and Fishing is  part of the fabric of the state.  I work in Minneapolis. Deer opener is one of the two non-holiday weeks in which I won't dare schedule a damn thing, because no one will be around.

People here wear camo for the same reason we drive 4x4 trucks- because we fucking use them.  

Same here in PA. I remember being surprised when I found out schools everywhere didn’t give kids the first day of deer season off because so many people would be out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

“On November 2, 2020 Trump brought Pump out to speak at his rally in Michigan, mistakenly calling him "Little Pimp". Despite this endorsement, it was later revealed that Garcia was not a registered voter. It was revealed that Garcia deleted a tweet he wrote in 2016 saying "FUCK DONALD TRUMP" after it went viral on Twitter.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I'm waiting to see Kamala's platform. Last week she hired a team that includes a policy advisor. She's been smart so far, but this is something that can be easily fucked up if she plays it wrong.

This shit pisses me off.  Kamala has to be perfect, but Trump can just rattle off incoherent drivel.  Are you really suggesting that you would rather have a 2nd Trump presidency if Kamala's "platform" isn't 100% to your liking?  I get that it's an asymmetrical battlefield but come the fuck on.

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just using the tweet above for the screenshot from Trump's PC yesterday. In all seriousness, I noticed he really looked different yesterday. More gaunt in the face, clear panic/paranoia in his eyes, his hair is looking a lot thinner/worse. Maybe it was just a bad day, but it looks like there's actually something going on. He probably has PTSD from getting shot at and everyone in his camp, including Trump, is ignoring it. 

Sure, they're blaming it on "mechanical issues", but I'm pretty sure the plane went back to Billings because they forgot his orange make-up kit.

GUgNP7dWEAAZodf?format=jpg&name=240x240

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It also says Trump still owes the city for his last visit.

kristen-wiig-no-waih.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah, it's a lot easier when you just vomit word salad.  Trump's working with a level of improvisation that would make Jerry Garcia blush.

Counselor Dude. When Jerry’s in red, there’s trouble ahead. Perhaps you can spend your Garcia thought time meditating on Dylan’s takes on Garcia.

There’s no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don’t think eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great – much more than a superb musician with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He is the very spirit personified of whatever is muddy river country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. 

To me he wasn’t only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he’ll ever know. There are a lot of spaces and advances between the Carter family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. THERE’S NO WAY to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep.”

So, enough with invoking a blushing Garcia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"We will tamp down the protests, request that the encampments not start again, leave the DNC alone, and allow you to straddle the fence publicly on this issue as long as you continue to meet with us on the side and commit to XXXX after the election.  If these commitments are not made at that time, we will make the beginning of your presidency a living hell" would be an appropriate use of leverage, one that maximizes the odds of her election, and still gives the group legitimate power.

This isn't hard... unless the goal is to protest rather than actually make change.

They have zero leverage even today.  Option one, Trump wins; we all know what happens.  Option two, Harris wins without the dipshits.  Why would she give one flying fuck what they demand at that point?  Either way, the dipshits lose.  It is basically FAFO on the grandest scale.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Oh good, Chainsaw’s tag team partner has discovered the thread.   Sure we’ll all enjoy her single issue irrational and incapable ability to have a conversation in reality. 

The question to me, is, is she doesn’t identify as a liberal and believes them to be fascists, then how does she identify?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Joey Joe Jones? That’s the worst name I ever heard.

I went to elementary school with a kid named Green Green.  Because we were six, no one bothered to ask if his middle name was also Green.  That would have been pretty cool.

• Haha 3

What was the Trump rally years ago, where a bunch of kids snatched up all the tickets and didn't go?  They closed that loop right?
It's just anecdotal, but I'm seeing quite a few tweets like this today:
image.png.b58f7be95ea35da763f1c2eb4d3d3377.png

Holy shit! Did they nuke another one of his rallies?!? Is that why he pulled out?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1