2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Nailed it

Fast fucking correction. Incredible how they turned that little blip into a fucking heavy hitting track. Can you imagine if she gets that deal done this month or next? Holy fuck. 

I bet all the money i had in PredictIt on Kamala. I'm thinking about depositing another hundo or two on this bet

image.thumb.png.f207bea87abc649d0cdebc2d3b73ee61.png

25-1 is the payoff. I know I'll probably lose the money, but I'm positive the real chances are higher than 25-1. Positive EV, but a probable  loss. 

image.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I think it's a way WAY better response than what happened in Michigan. But the voting bloc is going to care more about the official platform.

What did you find off putting about her Michigan retort? 

• Hook 'Em 3

By the way its been an hour since the last speaker in Bozeman. they are all just sitting there with EZ listening music in the background. They are now playing Pavarotti (I think). 

In Montana

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I bet all the money i had in PredictIt on Kamala. I'm thinking about depositing another hundo or two on this bet

image.thumb.png.f207bea87abc649d0cdebc2d3b73ee61.png

25-1 is the payoff. I know I'll probably lose the money, but I'm positive the real chances are higher than 25-1. Positive EV, but a probable  loss. 

image.png

When is too early to start the maps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

By the way its been an hour since the last speaker in Bozeman. they are all just sitting there with EZ listening music in the background. They are now playing Pavarotti (I think). 

In Montana

Has dipshit not even gone on yet?

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Oof

Back in the 2000s, I had to ref a high school bi-district playoff game between two of the shittiest teams I’ve ever seen play basketball in The Valley.

That shitty ass game between those two schools who would lose to any JV team in Dallas had more fans than this rally.

• Haha 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Has dipshit not even gone on yet?

nope....there was an hour break and they are now bringing on the governor. I wonder if Donnie is throwing a temper tantrum backstage refusing to go on 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Back in the 2000s, I had to ref a high school bi-district playoff game between two of the shittiest teams I’ve ever seen play basketball in The Valley.

That shitty ass game between those two schools who would lose to any JV team in Dallas had more fans than this rally.

lol @Helobious

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I agree with you, but they see this as their best and only chance to secure commitments from her when she needs something from them. I'm not going to give them a hard time for striking a hard bargain when lives are on the line.

They are fucking morons

Al Pacino Money GIF

You Lose Get Out GIF

image.gif.dcc280b8a7010b5ef97be3f69ab3cddb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

We are now over 2 1/2 hours into the shitshow. no jd, no fat donnie. And they are playing Queen on the bigscreen. Not just any song, but bohemian rhapsody, with Freddie mercury killing it. lulz

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Blotto said:

In Montana

Here’s a change of pace:

Just now, Jersey Man10 said:

Now they’re playing Feel the Love Tonight from Lion King.

Not Elton.  The Broadway cast version.

CSPAN just cut away to a call-in show.    I'm rooting for Richard and Sal. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Daily Montanan says it will be indoors at the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse at Montana State University.

It also says Trump still owes the city for his last visit. Apparently Mike Pence and Don Jr  also made visits that resulted in public expenditures that were not reimbursed. 

The taxpayer burden

Trump’s campaign has been notorious for flaking on bills for security. According to a 2019 report from the Center for Public Integrity, Trump owed more than $840,000 to various city governments, and likely more, as Trump’s campaign does not acknowledge a single one of these city governments as debt in his federal campaign financial disclosures. 

In Billings, the protective measures put in place for his September 2018 rally resulted in 1,362 overtime hours between Billings PD and the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s office: 951 hours from the former, and 411 hours from the latter, bringing the total cost to $58,830. 

While the Yellowstone Sheriff’s office did not bill Trump’s campaign for the $12,930 cost it incurred – a standard practice the office follows for all political campaigns – Billings PD did, and as of the publication date of this article, that $45,900 bill has been left unpaid. 

Earlier that year, Vice President Mike Pence and Donald Trump Jr. also made stops in Billings. The vice president spoke at a public rally on July 25, also at MetraPark, organized by America First Policies. Donald Trump Jr. spoke at the Republican Convention in Billings on June 22. 

According to an internal memo sent to city council on Sept. 13, 2018, Vice President Mike Pence’s July 25 visit required 647.50 hours of overtime pay, totalling $31,200. Donald Trump Jr.’s visit ran $5,000 in overtime pay, bringing the total amount spent by the Billings Police Department alone on security for Trump’s campaign rallies in Billings in 2018 to $82,100. 

Billings isn’t alone. Missoula county commissioners also sent a billto the Trump campaign in 2018 for nearly $13,000 for public safety staffing costs. The county requested $10,835.41 for officer salaries, $1,059.26 for dispatcher salaries, $693.72 for Office of Emergency Management salaries, and $334.43 for miscellaneous expenses. According to Missoula County Communications Manager Allison Franz, that bill has also not been paid. 

Some municipalities, like Great Falls, don’t submit requests for payment, instead eating the cost from their own budgets. The Great Falls Tribune reported Trump’s July 5 visit to Great Falls cost the city, Cascade County and Montana Highway Patrol a total of $57,236, none of which was submitted for payment to Trump’s campaign. 

In total, in 2018 alone, Trump’s campaign cost various city and state departments – whether they billed for reimbursement and weren’t paid, or never billed at all – at least $150,000 in taxpayer money. 

“It’s a lot for a budget,” Lennick said. “It’s not something that’s built into our initial budget that we plan every year.”

https://dailymontanan.com/2024/08/08/when-trump-comes-to-town-he-brings-excitement-leaves-unpaid-bills/

Too bad Trump doesn't have anything still in Billings that they can hold until the Billings PD bill is paid.  Oh wait.

image.thumb.png.1fc18238597752a6c6fba0651ff76c5a.png

I don't know how any of you can watch that shit live, kudos, but did they really play the Titanic song? Which is literally about a sinking ship? Please tell me that is real, please, please, please, LOL!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

image.png

I called this a weekish ago. Lol

Flip Nevada and that's about the best case I could see for Harris.  That's 200...I don't see where a 215 EV win would come from.  I guess that would be calling for a Florida, Ohio, or Texas (lol) flip.

1 minute ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Now they’re doing the wave.

I can’t think of a worse place I’d rather be.

Trump’s version of hell will be having to continuously speak to this bored, old, small crowd with the titanic music on in the background for all of eternity. 

• Haha 4

It's 141 miles between Bozeman and Billings.   Assuming the tweet earlier about unpaid fuel bills is a legit reason for the diversion, it did land over 3 hours ago.    

Getting vehicles ready, etc could take another hour or so.

Trump should have been there by now.  I'm guessing he's pouting and just doesn't want to go on at all now.

EDIT:  but by God, he's there.  Looking fresh as a (wilted) daisy.

Edited by Francisco 2.0