2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Shit, somebody forgot the drum roll.  It wouldn't have been really funny with a drumroll.  That way people would have noticed it was a joke.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Cities are scary, yet the leader of the cult chooses to live in the {checks notes} 12th largest metro area in the US, and previously lived in the largest.

Yeah, but Trump is fucking Batman to these people.  He is wealthy enough to live in a big mansion in the scary city, fighting crimes and immigrants to protect the few remaining good people of Gotham.  He conquered the city.  They think it makes him tough.  

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Are they suggesting he diverted to Billings for a quick, high priced fundraiser, leaving 1000s of his poor supporters waiting for him for hours at a stadium?  That is just so on-brand.  I almost have to respect it.  His fans deserve to be treated that way.  

...Big Sky seems pretty far away from Billings, so not sure if that work. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Are they suggesting he diverted to Billings for a quick, high priced fundraiser, leaving 1000s of his poor supporters waiting for him for hours at a stadium?  That is just so on-brand.  I almost have to respect it.  His fans deserve to be treated that way.  

...Big Sky seems pretty far away from Billings, so not sure if that work. 

Big sky is a little south of Bozeman 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Big sky is a little south of Bozeman 

About 40 miles IIRC. Billings is about 140 miles east of Bozeman.  One of the best steaks I ever had was a T-bone at the Billings Sheraton at 845pm, after driving there from Big Sky, for work, no less.  Room service at the Billings Sheraton, at the time, ended at 9pm.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Not sure if yall saw it but Trump called Walz back in 2020 and said he handled the protests perfectly lol.

Not sure if Walz should really be bringing that up.  The assumption being everything dotard says is either wrong or a flat out lie.  Just run with the facts that shit was pretty bad for a very brief period of time (no thanks to dotard) but it got fixed pretty quick.  Move on.  Why use a dotard approval at all?

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Oof

A 3A high school graduation class is larger than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

HOLY FUCK.  I'm streaming CSPAN, and at the Dotard rally, it's the Queen live video...the last concert I think

https://www.c-span.org/video/?537538-1/president-trump-campaigns-montana&live

Didn't the Queen trust or whatever sue the ever loving shit out of dotard last time around with a cease and desist?

40 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

About 40 miles IIRC. Billings is about 140 miles east of Bozeman.  One of the best steaks I ever had was a T-bone at the Billings Sheraton at 845pm, after driving there from Big Sky, for work, no less.  Room service at the Billings Sheraton, at the time, ended at 9pm.

Ok.  So probably had the ritzy fundraiser scheduled first.  Flight gets delay, you're way late to the fundraiser, you have a choice, and you chose a handful of rich people over an arena of commoners.  

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

I don't know how you all can watch that shit. I can't stand to even hear that asshole's voice.

On 1/6/21 I realized that garbage in garbage out applies with him and that hearing him speak is harmful; for evidence, see what’s become of many of our previously normal parents. 

Since that day, I turn off or down anything where he speaks, so I haven’t heard more than one word in 4 years with one exception: I did listen to Jon Stewart’s bit on the Gettysburg Wow Address.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

It was one thing to read but it’s another to hear it.

"I love Iowa because I win it every time."  Yeah, like when Felito Cruz beat your ass there in 2016 and you cried about election fraud?  That Iowa.

Go fuck yourself, old man.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, Snake Diggity said:

I don’t think it’s enough to just keep your cool.  Clinton kept her cool in 2016.  Harris has got to be ready to retaliate against Trump in a way that shows she’s smarter and of higher character than he is.  It sounds easy because Trump is so stupid and such a piece of shit.  But I think it requires a lot of skill to deal with someone as unique as Trump.

Agreed but with the caveat it isn’t skill. It is a mentality of “what? Oh you are being serious about all those lies that your cultists explain away as just the way you talk?! Bitch fuck you, fuck your momma, fuck you’re nepo baby kids, fuck you’re off brand weirdo mentality. Us real Americans think you suck.” Make him KNOW he is the other. Hold the middle and chase him to the edge of the ring, cede nothing and let him eat himself and/or crumble.

It’s a strategy not a tactic; go in thinking take no prisoners and bully’s deserve bloody noses and let the rest of the chips fall where they may cause well win. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Back in the 2000s, I had to ref a high school bi-district playoff game between two of the shittiest teams I’ve ever seen play basketball in The Valley.

That shitty ass game between those two schools who would lose to any JV team in Dallas had more fans than this rally.

The spectators got more for their money’s worth too

I also love how the biggest attack against Harris / Walz is some alleged stollen valor story that hasn't gained any traction.  Last I checked, military service hasn't meant fuck all forever.  They called Clinton a draft dodger and he won two terms.  Nobody fucking cares.

• Hook 'Em 2

Later, at dinner under the tent, Harrison LeFrak, the scion of a New York real-estate family, whose father is an old friend of Mr. Trump’s, asked how Mr. Trump planned to take the narrative back from Democrats, and what his positive vision for the country would be. It appeared to be a request for reassurance.

Mr. Trump provided none. Instead, he criticized Ms. Harris on a range of fronts, before adding: “I am who I am.”

The fund-raiser came amid a stretch of flailing and self-harm that began after President Biden’s July 21 withdrawal from the race and endorsement of Ms. Harris to succeed him. Close Trump allies have described this as the rockiest period of Mr. Trump’s campaign — and easily the worst since a late 2022 spree in which he mused about terminating parts of the Constitution and dined at Mar-a-Lago with a white supremacist and an outspoken antisemite.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/10/us/politics/trump-campaign-election.html?unlocked_article_code=1.B04.9Mr7.BjaFDpIaxc3X&smid=url-share

Here's a free share because I don't know why the fuck I still pay them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

image.gif.a018fcbefb9f3f2fe599c984cb5c9f4b.gif

Let me spell it out for you clearer. we were both quoting The Hunt for Red October. 

image.jpeg.b650fa16663ead00dc57599cd8f325ed.jpeg

NOW would be an appropriate post to quote me with:

image.gif.3675ac8f7e6e6be4137ff1df98352b56.gif

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh it's on now 

Think if Taylor drops in as a surprise. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1