2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, I'll say it.

All this pronouncing Trump dead in the water makes me a little nervous.

I can't even point to exactly why.  Maybe it's because it sounds too much like 2016?  Maybe I'm afraid that public overconfidence from Dems might lead to some folks staying home, thinking it's in the bag?

I just don't think it's in the bag.  Some of this bump is likely to be temporary and there is a long way to go, and potentially a lot of fuckery between the polls now and the voting booths.

I'm still concerned, dudes.

Thank you satya

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, but he's been flailing and unhinged the whole time.  He definitely spiraling on a personal level, but I don't think that means he can't win.  He's still capable of pressing the right buttons on camera, as we saw in the debate.

I guess my main concern is this: I've said all along that I believe Trump still has a silent voting bloc that does not show up in the polls, but will show up on election day, again.  And I just don't trust young liberals to show up at the same level.  I think this election may be as simple as voter turnout, and there are things Republicans can and will do to interfere with that, compounding the natural laxness of a couple of generations behind us.

This should be a W.  But I just can't feel too good about it yet.  Trump is cagey and willing to fight dirty, and Democrats have blown layups before.

You haven't watched the last 2 have you? He's never done anything this spectacularly bad or unhinged. It's complete meltdown mode. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, but he's been flailing and unhinged the whole time.  He definitely spiraling on a personal level, but I don't think that means he can't win.  He's still capable of pressing the right buttons on camera, as we saw in the debate.

I guess my main concern is this: I've said all along that I believe Trump still has a silent voting bloc that does not show up in the polls, but will show up on election day, again.  And I just don't trust young liberals to show up at the same level.  I think this election may be as simple as voter turnout, and there are things Republicans can and will do to interfere with that, compounding the natural laxness of a couple of generations behind us.

This should be a W.  But I just can't feel too good about it yet.  Trump is cagey and willing to fight dirty, and Democrats have blown layups before.

As a long-standing member of The Ledge, I get the feeling.  It seems like nothing that fat piece of shit does has consequences.  But I'm hopeful his charmed run is coming to a beautiful crashing end. 

• Hook 'Em 8

22 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Absolutely. Millions will still vote for him, and with the EC anything can happen. So far, it appears that Harris and Walz understand this and are saying this over and over. Keep the pressure on until the day after the election. Run through the finish line. 

People are excited to vote for this ticket. I’ll probably take both of my daughters with me when I go. 

• Hook 'Em 5

24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, I'll say it.

All this pronouncing Trump dead in the water makes me a little nervous.

I can't even point to exactly why.  Maybe it's because it sounds too much like 2016?  Maybe I'm afraid that public overconfidence from Dems might lead to some folks staying home, thinking it's in the bag?

I just don't think it's in the bag.  Some of this bump is likely to be temporary and there is a long way to go, and potentially a lot of fuckery between the polls now and the voting booths.

I'm still concerned, dudes.

I am not going to take anything for granted. Keep playing until the whistle. This isn't a marathon now. It's a fucking sprint to November. Tick tock. Run the damn ball and keep running it up. Be a happy warrior. Joy and humor on the march.

Their weird and stupid ways are catching them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

By the way its been an hour since the last speaker in Bozeman. they are all just sitting there with EZ listening music in the background. They are now playing Pavarotti (I think). 

In Montana

UTC beat me to it

Paganini

fd815a259bd582c6c984efad21e9519b.jpg

something something rabbits

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

You haven't watched the last 2 have you? He's never done anything this spectacularly bad or unhinged. It's complete meltdown mode. 

It’s 2016 PTSD. Except the Dems are running 2 extremely likeable and exciting candidates and not Hillary and boring white guy 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

People, this is world class humble bragging right here. Well done, sir.

Well, to be fair, it's for business. And it's for bulldozers and not fancy planes.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

A black swan type event is the only reason I would personally worry. Haven't felt this type of Dem excitement since 2008. 16 years ago when Obama popped up on the scene.

Trump has lost his fast ball if you've watched him lately. Even his crowds seem bored half the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

I want 2008 level. With AZ and GA blue and then a surprise, like FL or Texas barely flips but just enough, like Indiana did. All the incumbent Senate Dems win and one of Allred or DMP gets dragged across the finish line (whichever flips)

My gut is excitement is high and people can taste it, voters and the campaign. I don't see anyone taking their foot off the gas

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The Harris campaign will not get cocky. I'm not worried about them taking their foot off the gas at any point. 

But the goal should be to BLOW HIM OUT. That's why all that talk of needing to nominate Shapiro because he gets you a 1% bump in PA pissed me off. 

Don't just win. Win big. Win everywhere. Show everyone in this country that we are officially done with Donald Trump. Sneaking by with a close victory is not enough. 

This. A blowout won't undo the last 8 years, and we're stuck with the crazies...but it will be a huge step towards denouncing this crap and making MAGA synonymous with losers. The quieter Trump supporters will pretend they never voted for him to maintain some dignity.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I want 2008 level. With AZ and GA blue and then a surprise, like FL or Texas barely flips but just enough, like Indiana did. All the incumbent Senate Dems win and one of Allred or DMP gets dragged across the finish line (whichever flips)

It CAN happen. 

Trump is not magically going to course correct here. He is flailing and will continue to flail. It will be very disheartening to his voters. Break their wills. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think the more likeable celebs will be activated in October. And Swift doesn’t even need to appear or even directly endorse, she could simply say something like “girls can do anything, even be president, isn’t that cool?” They’ll get the message. Whatever it takes, we need a blowout, and for the youths to finally get off their ass and save us in November.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It CAN happen. 

Trump is not magically going to course correct here. He is flailing and will continue to flail. It will be very disheartening to his voters. Break their wills. 

This. It feels like where Harris jumps in, enthusiasm jumps, polls start showing her leading in August and then after Labor Day, she takes off when people start paying attention. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Swift will endorse in a big way. I could see her campaigning or making a convention appearance.

Her last European stop is the 20th so I don’t think she makes it for the convention. But yes, I could see an October rally 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think the more likeable celebs will be activated in October. And Swift doesn’t even need to appear or even directly endorse, she could simply say something like “girls can do anything, even be president, isn’t that cool?” They’ll get the message. Whatever it takes, we need a blowout, and for the youths to finally get off their ass and save us in November.

Honestly, I hope she keeps it relatively "vague" like this. Her security detail is probably more legit that the Secret Service these days, but attending a rally or putting out an official statement puts her in the cross hairs of these sad fucking losers even more so than she is already.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Honestly, I hope she keeps it relatively "vague" like this. Her security detail is probably more legit that the Secret Service these days, but attending a rally or putting out an official statement puts her in the cross hairs of these sad fucking losers even more so than she is already.

As we just saw in Vienna 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Her last European stop is the 20th so I don’t think she makes it for the convention. But yes, I could see an October rally 

She came back over night from Japan for the Super Bowl so the tour isn’t an obstacle. Also could appear remotely. I just don’t see any point in her holding back given the need to mobilize people early and drive voter registration before deadlines. And she clearly doesn’t have a Maggots are Swifties too mentality. 

Is that Swifties for Kamala campaign organized? That’s a really good sign if so.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know Beyonce donated $4MM and a bad ass soundtrack to the Harris / Coach Walz campaign, but we need a BeyHive for Kamala call as well.  You get the Swifties and BeyHive pulling together and this election becomes 1992 Dream Team vs Angola type of blowout.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

By the way its been an hour since the last speaker in Bozeman. they are all just sitting there with EZ listening music in the background. They are now playing Pavarotti (I think). 

In Montana

0 - 54:15 - There are people praying and speaking,

image.thumb.png.6d5a85603671f9f2ab3cff8cf6d54d49.png

From 54 minutes to just after two hours NOTHING HAPPENS.  Then for 18 minutes (2:10:00 - 2:28:00) some guys talk about something (the governor is in there somewhere but I'm not rewatching), and there's again an empty podium for half an hour.  Finally at 2:51:00 Trump comes out and praises Xi and Putin and other dumb shit.  

image.thumb.png.5ccd96b695889e6731911b09ca2690b7.png

At 3:11:31 they just fade out.  I guess YouTube ran out of tape or cloud storage space or whatever.  Or just got bored.  

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

If the rumors are true and Beyoncé is headlining on 8/22 before Harris speaks, that will be huge.

I think the Swifties have something up their sleeve and I’m happy they are on our side. They will do something big. 

You’re seeing radical republicans on social media try to emulate what our side has done, and it’s not working at all. 

If turnip is really being asked by his donors to show more vision and communicate his plan and he keeps repeating 2020 election claims, then they are fucked. The article I read this morning also said some are asking him to replace Vance and he is telling donors people aren’t calling him weird they are saying that about Vance. 

He really is in his own bubble. I sort of agreed with the PSA bros in that he might try to do something during the convention to steal the thunder of Dems/Harris, but it seems unlikely. The question is when is it legally too late to switch veeps

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

I hate that I know enough about this piece of shit that I immediately recognized that 1) the mechanical problems story was a lie, and 2) that it was related to him owing people money.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1