2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

8 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Must take you forever to cross the country on a bulldozer.

Only slightly faster than when I drove my 95 F350 from Santa Barbara to Carova NC with one fuel pump out.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

little did I know we had a mutual hatred for Maggie Haberman

I'm sure it was all worth it though. To be despised by the people you have to follow around the country AND have zero respect from the journalism community.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

little did I know we had a mutual hatred for Maggie Haberman

Trump going with Maggot Hagerman is like watching Willie Mays on the Mets or Hakeem on the Raptors

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

image.png.70993de1c39792dec6fb9b7e62afd0db.png

20 hours ago, texasdago said:

Robert Lewandowski reacts to Poland becoming first team knocked out of Euro  2024 - Barca Blaugranes

I feel strange admitting that I stared at this guy's crotch looking for an impressive protrusion for an amount of time that made me wonder about my own sexuality. I then noticed the emblem on his chest.

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it's possible that the number of people who will almost certainly reject my romantic advances has just doubled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My daughter (no pics) just turned 18.
When i asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said, “one thing: to register to vote”.
She and her friends are fired up.
And although I’m far from the best dad in the world, it made me proud that maybe I did some things right.

Mine turns 18 on Dec 10th. She so pissed she can’t vote.

She hates Trump. But what I really want to do is take her to a Harris and a Trump rally and let her make a truly informed decision. Even if she can’t vote.

Our deal has always been that I try to get her to think about both sides of the issue. Then decide how she feels about it.
  • Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

One time I typed “trunp” and just rolled with it and then one day it autocorrected to turnip and I liked that too so I go back and forth

Sidenote:

People in the villages going for Harris is the least believable part of this simulation. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

One time I typed “trunp” and just rolled with it and then one day it autocorrected to turnip and I liked that too so I go back and forth

Sidenote:

they better be careful, desantis has already locked up people in the villages for just rocking the boat so to say

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/01/07/2-florida-county-commissioners-from-the-villages-removed-after-perjury-charges/

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/11/10/2204957/-Injustice-In-The-Villages-of-Florida

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sidenote:

Standing sure is a funny way of spelling sitting 

Fat donnie's twitter date with elmo on monday night is gonna be something else. I wont watch that one, because fuck legitimizing that cesspool, but I'm assuming Trump will boldly go where none of his advisors think possible. The other funny thing about that couple is both men will enter that room with 100% certainty that they will be the one receiving oral. 

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Hearing a lot about 18 year old daughters. 

My friends 20 year old daughter said her and every sorority on the Boulder campus are voting Harris. I'm sure the frats will follow suit because "undefeated".

Unfortunately in the south they will not, because "bros with anonymity".

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

It's already a thing.  The campaign just needs to start making them.

image.png.3d6eb6951e8b683ddbe527cfeb3ae71c.png

Yeah, no thanks. I have no issue whatsoever with high schools being supplied with tampons (because I'm not a sociopath), but probably not a great idea to lean into an old white guy helping teenage girls with their flows.

13 hours ago, Pancho said:

Back in the 2000s, I had to ref a high school bi-district playoff game between two of the shittiest teams I’ve ever seen play basketball in The Valley.

That shitty ass game between those two schools who would lose to any JV team in Dallas had more fans than this rally.

You can almost hear the director as he rises from his seat in alarm.

Camera 3, zoom the fuck in on the floor seats! You know, where the fucking people are! Let's go to commercial. Jeezus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no thanks. I have no issue whatsoever with high schools being supplied with tampons (because I'm not a sociopath), but probably not a great idea to lean into an old white guy helping teenage girls with their flows.

It's so crazy to listen to this shit from the deplorables. "Did you hear the big scandal?? Walz put tampons in bathrooms!"

"Huh. Did you hear that the republican nominee is a felon and rapist who said he'll be a dictator and wants to pull us out of NATO?"

"(yeah but tampons)" 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Don't fret about momentum.  Tay Tay is the October surprise/People's Elbow to Trump's chances

But, but, the Radicals will counter with this... 

Spoiler

Michael's EOM: 

image.png.60f37e372f47f300324bbb734ab39727.png

Unemployed has been actor:

image.thumb.png.b4c8a3f155cf66854f4d9fa4985e193e.png

Cruising local Chuck E Cheese for dates: 

image.png.ee1c04b17edc76bccd3b191f3631eb15.png

Mush brained Annaconda snack: 

image.thumb.png.fe8fea7e197fd52455532ffa17925939.png

Left doesn't stand a chance with that heavyweight lineup. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My friends 20 year old daughter said her and every sorority on the Boulder campus are voting Harris. I'm sure the frats will follow suit because "undefeated".

Well in fairness, no one from Boulder has ever voted Republican.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.70993de1c39792dec6fb9b7e62afd0db.png

I feel strange admitting that I stared at this guy's crotch looking for an impressive protrusion for an amount of time that made me wonder about my own sexuality. I then noticed the emblem on his chest.

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it's possible that the number of people who will almost certainly reject my romantic advances has just doubled.

Poland had a few hotties in the track and field events.  Much better eye candy than some soccer dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

As a long-standing member of The Ledge, I get the feeling.  It seems like nothing that fat piece of shit does has consequences.  But I'm hopeful his charmed run is coming to a beautiful crashing end. 

That's the big change for me. I don't predict shit because I'm almost always wrong.

52 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Must take you forever to cross the country on a bulldozer.

Traffic jams aren't a problem.

21 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

It's already a thing.  The campaign just needs to start making them.

image.png.3d6eb6951e8b683ddbe527cfeb3ae71c.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

👀

Being under 50 doesn’t mean Harris leading. Could be RFK taking votes and he’s only winning a plurality or maybe too many undecided voters. She needs to maintain focus - MI, PA, WI, NV, AZ, GA, NC

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, TexPx said:

Idoits don’t know the demographics of Swifties.

“Congratulations! You will get every 12-16 girl excited for nothing”

For clarity

Taylor Swift's fans, also known as "Swifties", are spread across many age groups. According to a 2023 survey, 45% of Swift's US fans are millennials, 25% are baby boomers, and 21% are Gen X, meaning almost half of her fans are likely over 45. However, a 2023 poll by Morning Consult also found that the typical Swiftie is a white millennial woman. Additionally, a survey conducted in October 2023 found that 33% of respondents aged 30 to 44 and more than 10% of respondents aged 65 or older consider themselves Swifties. 

Edited by mantis toboggan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-dinner-guest-nick-fuentes-declares-war-on-the-ex-prez

The white supremacist are becoming very concerned that Trump is fucking up the campaign and will lose Bigly.

I’m trying to process what it means when you’re losing the white supremacists.

Maybe this is way he has been less orange lately: trying to look more like his racist pasty white base 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mantis toboggan said:

For clarity 

Taylor Swift's fans, also known as "Swifties", are spread across many age groups. According to a 2023 survey, 45% of Swift's US fans are millennials, 25% are baby boomers, and 21% are Gen X, meaning almost half of her fans are likely over 45. However, a 2023 poll by Morning Consult also found that the typical Swiftie is a white millennial woman. Additionally, a survey conducted in October 2023 found that 33% of respondents aged 30 to 44 and more than 10% of respondents aged 65 or older consider themselves Swifties. 

I can barely see it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mantis toboggan said:

For clarity 

The Red, 1989, Reputation era Swift fans are now all voting age. It isn't just full of little girls. She's been a thing since 2009. She's not some new phenomenon. Her fans have aged with her. And you know who became Swifties because of their not of voting age daughters? The parents of those kids who shelled out thousands to attend the shows. This isn't your Red State era country Taylor Swift audience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Being under 50 doesn’t mean Harris leading. Could be RFK taking votes and he’s only winning a plurality or maybe too many undecided voters. She needs to maintain focus - MI, PA, WI, NV, AZ, GA, NC

Right, correct, yes. It was just interesting to note since no one expected it. Also, if you’re not over 50% in ohio, it can give insight to how unpopular he is elsewhere. I’m definitely not saying she should start doing ohio events, not at all.

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I don't understand the incels.  If you want to meet girls, go to a Harris rally or a Taylor Swift concert.  

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

Here's something I found that I think is really interesting.  If you go to https://kamalaharris.com/ and click the "Events" link, it sends you directly to this page from the Democratic National Committee: https://events.democrats.org/

image.thumb.png.0be2e2aec7f87deb8e4697e659ff5bd6.png

Honestly, this screencap doesn't do it justice.  There are dozens and dozens of events, which you can filter and sort a number of different ways.  Whether you want to see her schedule, join a phone bank, attend an in-person or virtual meeting about messaging, join up to knock on doors, attend a rally... it's all there.

Then I (in incognito mode) went to Trump's official site and clicked on the "Events" link.

image.thumb.png.f23859a0f7d894c41a0b991b04a14bd6.png

Oh.  Well that's not good.

Yes it is. Trumps campaign is imploding seems like. Gotta love it.

• Hook 'Em 1