2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

14 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-dinner-guest-nick-fuentes-declares-war-on-the-ex-prez

The white supremacist are becoming very concerned that Trump is fucking up the campaign and will lose Bigly.

I’m trying to process what it means when you’re losing the white supremacists.

Fuentes will be bending the knee by 2pm central

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why would this make it “over”?  This is what 90% of his cult says too. 

Right? If he calls her the N-word in the middle of a debate, then it's over. But over in the sense that swing states will be 51-46 instead of 49-48. Bitch ain't making a dent.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Shocking but true: In 2023, Florida's state legislature unanimously passed and fuckin' Ron DeSantis signed a free menstrual products bill that, much like MN's legislation, does not specify gender.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=1000-1099/1006/Sections/1006.064.html

Utah did it too, along with more than half the other states in the Union.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Right? If he calls her the N-word in the middle of a debate, then it's over. But over in the sense that swing states will be 51-46 instead of 49-48. Bitch ain't making a dent.

To some people, that will be a feature, not a bug.

I said it last night but it needs to be repeated. If she does some big shit as VP/practice president with Biden in the next month or two including something like being the primary negotiator for the cease fire and hostage release in the Middle East that will seal the fucking deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Fuentes will be bending the knee by 2pm central

Quite correct.   My not well-made point was that even his ardent supporters (who have no other candidate to turn to push their white nationalist beliefs) are aware of him being in free-fall.   I was trying to show that our perception that things are going well is not a partisan fever dream - but something that his loathsome supporters feel too, 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

I said it last night but it needs to be repeated. If she does some big shit as VP/practice president with Biden in the next month or two including something like being the primary negotiator for the cease fire and hostage release in the Middle East that will seal the fucking deal. 

Israel has no reason to help her win the election. Bibi is that big of an asshole because he knows she's not going to play ball like Biden did. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I want 2008 level. With AZ and GA blue and then a surprise, like FL or Texas barely flips but just enough, like Indiana did. All the incumbent Senate Dems win and one of Allred or DMP gets dragged across the finish line (whichever flips)

MAGA dies when enough Republicans decide it's dead.  At some point, non-MAGA Republicans need to take over the party, despite losing MAGAts.  If they lose badly enough, then the damage from keeping MAGA will prove to be more than the damage from rejecting MAGA.  That is my hope, one that seemed impossible a month ago.   

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Israel has no reason to help her win the election. Bibi is that big of an asshole because he knows she's not going to play ball like Biden did. 

They have an interest in having a good relationship with the next President.  Right now, that is increasingly looking like Harris. 

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This has nothing to do with that - it's why I didn't call out any specifics but gave a generic example. It has more to do with doing shit the president would be expected to do and getting it across the finish line so close to the election. 

It shows capability, continuity and strength. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no thanks. I have no issue whatsoever with high schools being supplied with tampons (because I'm not a sociopath), but probably not a great idea to lean into an old white guy helping teenage girls with their flows.

The tampon issue is fucking dumb. MAGA is clutching their pearls at the sight of feminine products in the men’s room, but they fail to see the utility tampons provide men in times of need.

Don Jr would benefit from shoving a tampon up his bloody nose after getting punched in the face or snorting an 8 ball off a toilet seat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I don't understand the incels.  If you want to meet girls, go to a Harris rally or a Taylor Swift concert.  

Seriously. The incels love the dudes (Fat Don and Putin) with more personal protection than all but two people on the planet. Yet those two rarely come out of their bunkers.

In contrast here's the Swifties after learning that Isis was planning a terror event in Vienna.

image.thumb.png.eeddff36bf50fccbd7b6713edc8bc72b.png

image.thumb.png.dbede0c66b8f2c6ebb26b50a6fa2644e.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

His brain is a puddle of diarrhea at this point. When he vaporlocked there, I was wondering if they were gonna need to usher him away a la mcconnell. He managed to reboot the system, but that was a bit weird, as people say. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, immamac said:

It would be really easy to do but I have severe doubts about that happening. Not because she's not capable, mind you. I agree that showing something will seal the deal for her, it doesn't necessarily have to include a ceasefire but it would be nice and obviously very helpful for her.

Either way I'll be the happiest I've been pullling the lever since Obama's 2nd term.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It would be really easy to do but I have severe doubts about that happening. Not because she's not capable, mind you. I agree that showing something will seal the deal for her, it doesn't necessarily have to include a ceasefire but it would be nice and obviously very helpful for her.

Either way I'll be the happiest I've been pullling the lever since Obama's 2nd term.

Yeah I just used an example she called out at her own rally as something she is promising she's doing if she delivers campaign promises because she's already elected things are gonna go boom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, Swities are older than you think.  It wasn't teenage girls paying $1K per ticket and traveling around the country to see the concert.

Odds on Taylor Swift endorsing Kamala? I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t think she will openly support the ticket if it hurts her economic bottom line.

My MAGA sister and her kids are huge Swifties, but they also love Trump more and would probably start burning all her merchandise if she supported Harris. But knowing them, they’d probably just re-buy all the shit they torched after the election is over so it would theoretically still put more money in Taylor’s pocket. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no thanks. I have no issue whatsoever with high schools being supplied with tampons (because I'm not a sociopath), but probably not a great idea to lean into an old white guy helping teenage girls with their flows.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Odds on Taylor Swift endorsing Kamala? I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t think she will openly support the ticket if it hurts her economic bottom line.

My MAGA sister and her kids are huge Swifties, but they also love Trump more and would probably start burning all her merchandise if she supported Harris. But knowing them, they’d probably just re-buy all the shit they torched after the election is over so it would theoretically still put more money in Taylor’s pocket. 

Swift has had more than enough money to live off interest and investments for over a decade. The only people who need the royalties to keep coming in are the hangers-on, and while I don't think she would want to jeopardize their livelihood I also think she would receive enough of a boost to offset whatever losers try to "cancel" her.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

So this happened while somebody was getting medical attention in the crowd.   There is SO much real ammo to go after Trump with, yet people tweet shit like that.   Infuriating 

Musk incentivizes shit like this too.   Maddening 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Yeah Swift had a fight with her "team" in 2018 when she came out against Marsha Blackburn. Her dad brought up the Republicans buy sneakers line from Jordan and that he was more worried about her safety given how psychotic MAGA are. She still overruled them and supported the other candidate and encouraged her fans to register to vote. Then she released You Need To Calm Down to show her support for the LGBTQ+ community. 

I gleaned all this from the Ms. Americana documentary we watched with our oldest daughter on Netflix. I feel she'll endorse Kamala when she gets back to the States from her European tour at the end of the month. She's said before that she wants to be standing on the right side of history. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Swift has had more than enough money to live off interest and investments for over a decade.

Over a decade?  More like several lifetimes.

• Hook 'Em 4