2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Swift has had more than enough money to live off interest and investments for over a decade.

Over a decade?  More like several lifetimes.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So this happened while somebody was getting medical attention in the crowd.   There is SO much real ammo to go after Trump with, yet people tweet shit like that.   Infuriating 

Musk incentivizes shit like this too.   Maddening 

Putt needs to put down Twitter sometimes 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, South Austin said:

My daughter turned 18 last week and she’s filling out her voter registration card today. She’ll be at the University of Oregon this Fall, but will vote via mail. It won’t make much of a difference, but we’re doing our part to help Texas turn blue violet purple magenta not so fucking blood red.

damn they poached all our recruits

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

My daughter turned 18 last week and she’s filling out her voter registration card today. She’ll be at the University of Oregon this Fall, but will vote via mail. It won’t make much of a difference, but we’re doing our part to help Texas turn blue violet purple magenta not so fucking blood red.

I tried so hard to twist this into a South Austin's mom joke but I just couldn't do it without it sounding creepy.

Alas.

• Haha 1

I don't think she'll specifically, verbally/post an endorsement of Harris/Kamala for reasons above.  A very simple, "Swifties/Ladies/Girls......Get out there, register today!  And vote in November!  We're not going anywhere!"  Everybody will know what that means, even if it also means yeah...it bring out 50,000 MAGA voters who also love her music.  Numerically speaking, it's not a gamble...it's a rounding error.  She doesn't need the additional headache of MAGA troglodytes following her around, particularly since they just broke up a suicide bomb ring at one of her shows.  She also gives a shit about her fans, unlike Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.  

Remember, her first #1 album was in 2008.  Say the youngest Swifties were 10 at the time.  That puts them at 26 now.  First international tour in 2010, putting them at 24.  Say the oldest were in college at the time.  That puts them in their mid-to-late 30's likely with little up-n-coming Swifties of their own.  Millions upon millions of them.  A huge portion of which are just now outta college and getting politically engaged.  Nevermind the 18-26yo chunk that got hooked along the way at her peak stardom and are now voting in their first, maybe second, election of their lifetime.  I like those odds a lot.  

I am absolutely taking my daughter to vote with me after school or on Saturday during early voting.  You are absolutely entitled to have somebody join you in the booth if you're having trouble getting around/reading.  And I'll fill out all the boring races first, then scroll back to page 1, highlight Harris-Walz and tell her "This is for you and the Swifties like you...anything is possible" and hit submit.  And she gets to feed it into the exit machine alongside with me.  

And on Election Day proper, while she's in school learning the pages that haven't been banned from her Social Studies class...I get to what I did in 2020.  Drive to a couple of polling places in Far East Austin.  Don't touch anybody, don't pass out water, but I can pace back and forth and speak with them in Spanish about any issues they're having with registration or voting.  And directing them to the proper website or phone number.  And just like in 2020, there'll be cosplay fatties milling around the parking lot for purposes of "Election Integrity" (read: intimidation).  And I get to do some crowdwork making fun of these guys in Spanish to the folks in line to help pass the time.  You'd be surprised how long it takes these guys to realize we're laughing at them, not with them.  

But yes, let's do the Swiftie thing first.  I'm joining that zoom call with my oldest and if she wants to make a donation, I'll use my CC and can put the cash in her piggy bank.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

But, but, the Radicals will counter with this... 

Reveal hidden contents

Michael's EOM: 

image.png.60f37e372f47f300324bbb734ab39727.png

Unemployed has been actor:

image.thumb.png.b4c8a3f155cf66854f4d9fa4985e193e.png

Cruising local Chuck E Cheese for dates: 

image.png.ee1c04b17edc76bccd3b191f3631eb15.png

Mush brained Annaconda snack: 

image.thumb.png.fe8fea7e197fd52455532ffa17925939.png

Left doesn't stand a chance with that heavyweight lineup. 

Dude, you gotta put captions on those faces ("you can't tell the players without a program").  I think the last guy sold his car to George Costanza, but I could be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

That turnip golf cart video is about a month old yet people are posting it today as if it just happened. 

Please be more like Bill in Sinton when it comes to this race 

And it will change 0 peoples mind.   Why is that dude tweeting it like it is some sort of big deal?    Oh yeah, he wants that Elon engagement $.

Anyone else seeing anything on this?

Trump hacked?

The campaign blamed “foreign sources hostile to the United States,” citing a Microsoft report on Friday that Iranian hackers “sent a spear phishing email in June to a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign.” Microsoft did not identify the campaign targeted by the email and declined to comment Saturday. POLITICO has not independently verified the identity of the hacker or their motivation, and a Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I think we're going to see democrats try and pull the more moderate conservatives with their messaging. I think last night was a preview of that. There are a ton of them that are being ostracized by their party. It's a good strategy long term while MAGA continues to back themselves into a corner. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This how you answer Trump's taunts. Just laugh it off and realize he'll be in jail soon or dead. Don't give it oxygen. Don't engage. Just go back to living your life while he and his supporters remain the unhappy douchebags that they are. 

In 2012 he was the first politician I ever gave to. It was a $250 donation that included a really good ticket for Pearl Jam in Missoula and a meet and greet with Tester and PJ. I looked around at one point during the m&g and nobody was near him so I went over and shook hands with him and told him good luck because I felt bad he was being ignored. 

His campaign actually called me last week to see if I wanted to contribute and sell me tickets to their upcoming show at Grizzly Stadium. I guess they never get rid of those donor lists. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

In 2012 he was the first politician I ever gave to. It was a $250 donation that included a really good ticket for Pearl Jam in Missoula and a meet and greet with Tester and PJ. I looked around at one point during the m&g and nobody was near him so I went over and shook hands with him and told him good luck because I felt bad he was being ignored. 

His campaign actually called me last week to see if I wanted to contribute and sell me tickets to their upcoming show at Grizzly Stadium. I guess they never get rid of those donor lists. 

I've sent Farmer Jon money. Gonna give him some more too.

Edited by cactusflinthead
Redundant man of redundancy
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Swift will endorse in a big way. I could see her campaigning or making a convention appearance.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Her last European stop is the 20th so I don’t think she makes it for the convention. But yes, I could see an October rally 

Mini GOTV tour Oct 1-30 with stops in Philly, Detroit, Phoenix, and Atlanta

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

This thread has gotten out over its skis. The fickle American can turn on a dime as soon as the next big Tik Tok video hits or the country enters a recession. There are silent morons in their basements all over the country who will show up on Election Day. Fight, help, spread the word, and go baby go to the finish line. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, heso said:

Watching the Olympics and every single commercial break switches between an ad for Harris and one for Trump. 

Interesting. Here in kc there hasn't been a single Trump one. One for Harris about every hour. I guess the gop isn't worried about Missouri or Kansas so didn't want to spend any money here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Remember, her first #1 album was in 2008.  Say the youngest Swifties were 10 at the time.  That puts them at 26 now.  First international tour in 2010, putting them at 24.  Say the oldest were in college at the time.  That puts them in their mid-to-late 30's likely with little up-n-coming Swifties of their own

My wife said she started listening to Taylor when Teardrops on my Guitar came out, which was 2006.  Wife just turned 42. There’s a goodly portion of Swifties in their late 30s to early 40s. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Interesting. Here in kc there hasn't been a single Trump one. One for Harris about every hour. I guess the gop isn't worried about Missouri or Kansas so didn't want to spend any money here. 

Every Trump ad is trying to portray Kamala as weak on the border. In Pennsylvania…

The last one was an ER nurse claiming that illegals are clogging up the ERs decreasing the quality of care and driving up cost. And it’s all Kamala’s fault. 

• Haha 4

Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

“These documents were obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our Democratic process,” Cheung said.

Sad Cry GIF by Copenhagen Flames

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Trump hacked?

The campaign blamed “foreign sources hostile to the United States,” citing a Microsoft report on Friday that Iranian hackers “sent a spear phishing email in June to a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign.” Microsoft did not identify the campaign targeted by the email and declined to comment Saturday. POLITICO has not independently verified the identity of the hacker or their motivation, and a Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

Will Politico publish them?  I assume Hillary's [the DNC's] went to Wikileaks because most news agencies wouldn't publish them, unless someone else does.  

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I'm in Denton County. My offspring and I go vote every chance we get. Voting against the wild ass bitches that wanted to ban books from the school board felt pretty good. The margins at that level are mighty fucking slim. GOTV at a personal level makes a difference.

Just now, Tuco said:

Will Politico publish them?  I assume Hillary's went to Wikileaks because most news agencies wouldn't publish them, unless someone else does.  

Good question and I don't have any idea 

• Hook 'Em 6

57 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Trump hacked?

Couldn't have been Barron.  He's very good at the cyber.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

As a long-standing member of The Ledge, I get the feeling.  It seems like nothing that fat piece of shit does has consequences.  But I'm hopeful his charmed run is coming to a beautiful crashing end. 

My hope is that when he comes unhinged, he starts naming judges that personally owe him first, and second, that he calls out Congress critters similarly.   

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

My hope is that when he comes unhinged, he starts naming judges that personally owe him first, and second, that he calls out Congress critters similarly.   

Drop all the kompromat he has on them

• Hook 'Em 3