2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Don't worry guys!! They're going to rally!!!

image.thumb.png.e84b12cc4055b912fe02fd1874eea0f2.png

How many abortions do we think come out of the night of MAGA camping? What will the total economic impact on New Mexico and Colorado be from associated travel?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Aren't yall excited?!?!

WalMart 

Pilot Truck Stop

and......BUCEES!!!

We may even go by the furniture outlet.  I don’t know if there’s time.  I don’t know.  Okay, just one beer…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I don't think it's true. I saw he's going to do one rally in a swing state next week. Yep. A swing state.

image.png.9292c0a9f1aef14d79076dbd42ecb551.png

Now that sounds like a fun speech, given as only he can give it. Doom and Gloom and the election was stolen for 1 1/2 hours. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Don't worry guys!! They're going to rally!!!

image.thumb.png.e84b12cc4055b912fe02fd1874eea0f2.png

I love the note “exact route will be shared day of event”.  I live in Taylor, it took me all of 5 seconds to figure out exactly which roads they’re gonna take…

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

fucking lulz "Trump to deliver remarks on the economy." I'm sure economists from all over the globe will be glued to to the proceedings. Trump handing out macroeconomic gems like Steph Curry shooting threes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

I was a MAGA activist and pundit, and left MAGA, in 2022, after 7 years in it. If The Atlantic might consider a personal piece from me, Peter, let me know, please. What MAGA Americans need to see is others like them—who support(ed) Trump and MAGA for what they thought were the right reasons—who made the decision to leave MAGA; and, the reasons why they left. MAGA Americans remain in MAGA because it is a community. For those with friends and family in MAGA, you’ve probably made appeals based on facts, citing reputable sources, etc., and you’ve found they have not had any success. MAGA Americans will not leave unless they have a new community to go to; our Leaving MAGA org./team is actively building such a community. Soon, we will publish testimonials of some who, like me, were MAGA true believers, and left. For those in the thrall of MAGA, facts, policies, etc., will, almost never, have any successful effect. If you want to re-engage your friends and family who are in MAGA, make a sincere effort to try and understand their perspectives, which are likely shaped by many of the everyday concerns and worries most Americans share. If you’ve already done this, do it again—this time, however, ask if they’d be willing to hear my story, and introduce them to our Leaving MAGA org. You will be pleasantly surprised by how many are willing to take a look at my own journey in, and out of, MAGA, as well as our org. At the upcoming Democratic convention, a brief video of my story will air. I am also co-chairing the Republicans for Harris FL team, because I need to make amends for my past decisions and rhetoric—all of which I take complete responsibility for. Yes, MAGA will remain, but we must mercy-kill the GOP, electorally, and begin to move on from Trump—someone I helped get elected. A national reconciliation is possible. Thank you.

Nah, fuck all that. Been passing out olive branches for close to a decade. I'm done. Burn with the movement.

Yep. Fuck that. The only thing we should give them is all the hemlock they can drink. I’m fucking done with those treasonous pieces of shit. They can do the world a favor and drink hemlock. That’s what they can do to help. I don’t believe a single one who says they’re “converting.” Bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, immamac said:

image.png

I called this a weekish ago. Lol

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

schools in Alabama and Mississippi

... This would be news to me

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Being under 50 doesn’t mean Harris leading. Could be RFK taking votes and he’s only winning a plurality or maybe too many undecided voters. She needs to maintain focus - MI, PA, WI, NV, AZ, GA, NC

But it is a flashing bright red light that you will get routed in WI/MI/PA

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread has gotten out over its skis. The fickle American can turn on a dime as soon as the next big Tik Tok video hits or the country enters a recession. There are silent morons in their basements all over the country who will show up on Election Day. Fight, help, spread the word, and go baby go to the finish line. 

But also this. Remember how quickly this turned. It can turn back.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Senate's definitely a GOP lean. Would not be shocked to see Dems eek out a 50-50 senate if Kamala wins, either through Tester holding on or picking off Rick Scott. Allred is unfortunately dead in the water.

Throw a dead fish in the water it stays dead

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

The question is can the currently constructed modern Republican Party hold itself together if it loses 2 elections in a row after a miracle win 8 years ago and 4 potential losses in the last 16 years to the first black president, grandpa Biden and the first female president who is also black 

If the GOP apparatus decides to dump Trumpism, Trump will walk away and take his MAGA followers with him. What does the 2025 Republican Party look like? Just more Trumpism or do what’s left of the sane ones grab control?

Trump has family members and sycophants running the RNC.  It is going to be ugly as hell after this election, because me thinks the funds will dry up from the major donors.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Trump presidency will be like the confederacy.  It only lasted four years but it'll take some people generations to get over.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Think of all the high schools in Alabama and Mississippi that will be named after Donald Trump over the next 30 years.

Maybe Baytown Lee - the only remaining High School in the Country named for Robert E. Lee - will finally change its name.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tonesky said:

Maybe Baytown Lee - the only remaining High School in the Country named for Robert E. Lee - will finally change its name.

Baytown Dotard doesn't quite have the same ring though does it?

I know people keep comparing the current environment to Obama 2008.  Did Obama really have this much energy behind him?  No knock on Barack; I know this is all part Kamala and part the terror of a second Trump presidency.  But, I don't recall this level of excitement. Ever.  

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I know people keep comparing the current environment to Obama 2008.  Did Obama really have this much energy behind him?  No knock on Barack; I know this is all part Kamala and part the terror of a second Trump presidency.  But, I don't recall this level of excitement. Ever.  

Gene Simmons GIF by TrueReal

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 8/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, Js1 said:

That happens in a lot of red states.  Ohio, Kansas...

Because there's a difference between voting for or against an actual law that promotes or restricts freedom versus a person/party that tries to tell you what freedumb is and how they'll get you more of it (they won't).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 11:15 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

spacer.png

On 8/7/2024 at 11:28 AM, South Austin said:

I think he was technically a correspondent.  Probably something like Lieutenant Steven Hauk.

spacer.png

On 8/7/2024 at 11:40 AM, Gil Bang said:

I'll bet JD uses very expensive eyeliner...more expensive than the average woman could afford.    Somebody should look into that.

All of these point to the same thing 

Private Joker

image.png.2819ed6a4142170f80716794c455952c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I dunno, Barack was easily the most famous person on the planet during that campaign.

• Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yes and what's more his opposition was much more competent.

• Hook 'Em 2

From a Harris-Walz campaign official: There are over 12,000 people in the Las Vegas arena. In the last hour, local law enforcement made the decision to close the doors to the event due to people becoming ill while waiting outside to go through security in the 109-degree heat. Approximately 4,000 people were in line and in cars when the entrances were shut down

• Rage+1 4

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fat donnie's twitter date with elmo on monday night is gonna be something else. I wont watch that one, because fuck legitimizing that cesspool, but I'm assuming Trump will boldly go where none of his advisors think possible. The other funny thing about that couple is both men will enter that room with 100% certainty that they will be the one receiving oral. 

Both think they are the smartest guy in any room, and Elmo won't be too happy that Trump was trashing EVs and bitching about reinforcing bridges, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

Presuming that person means some sort of minimal IQ requirement for voting, I guess let's try it if they want it so bad?

Just now, Pancho said:

About 150,000 listening on twitter to the vegas rally

Almost 75k watching via PBS on YouTube

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

TexAgs is predictably handling this all quite well:

Says the dude who is associated with the school providing the higher education to 70K mostly Texans at any given time....which should bother us all, after all it's just math at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1