2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

26 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

The right-wing accounts are doubling down on this ridiculous thought that everyone was paid to attend Kamala's Phoenix rally, by posting a Craigslist ad screenshot as evidence. The small problem is, it's an ad for hiring talent for a commercial...

Full ad (https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tlg/d/dallas-happy-democrats-brand-paid-now/7771809292.html):

image.png.d8a42e30de31c6dcd8b3010761092178.png

Someone should community notes that bitch again.

So I guess I don’t understand why this would matter even if it were true (clearly not). Is their goal to convince themselves that the polls are wrong and Dems aren’t excited?  Do they think that will change the turnout from Dems or something?

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

The right-wing accounts are doubling down on this ridiculous thought that everyone was paid to attend Kamala's Phoenix rally, by posting a Craigslist ad screenshot as evidence. The small problem is, it's an ad for hiring talent for a commercial...

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I guess I don’t understand why this would matter even if it were true (clearly not). Is their goal to convince themselves that the polls are wrong and Dems aren’t excited?  Do they think that will change the turnout from Dems or something?

Not only that, but if it was simply a casting call for a Harris rally, MAGA should have had no problem getting somebody into the rally as a paid actor and DOING THEIR OWN RESEARCH SHEEPLE!

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is their goal to convince themselves that the polls are wrong and Dems aren’t excited?  Do they think that w

Yes. They need people to think they’re leading the polls so when they lose, they can claim fraud. Hard to claim fraud (though they will) if Harris is leading in the polls and then wins.

They want to convince people it’s all fake and media driven hype 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Harris also didn't have to win a grueling primary to get the nomination, unlike Obama having to go through Hillary. '08 seemed fun at the time but it really left some real damage in the party, if we are being honest with ourselves.

The instant that Obama finished off Hillary in 2008, every Democrat knew that Hillary was going to be the nominee in 2016, baggage be damned.

That 2010 midterm had turned out to be even worse than initially figured. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, GopherRock said:

The instant that Obama finished off Hillary in 2008, every Democrat knew that Hillary was going to be the nominee in 2016, baggage be damned.

2014 was really bad too. Probably the two lowest points of the Obama presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Continue to be proactive in battleground states

Keep messages positive 

Let MAGA trip on their own dicks

Don't make unforced errors

Continue to build momentum and keep everyone aligned and on same page with messaging and promotion 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 8

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes. They need people to think they’re leading the polls so when they lose, they can claim fraud. Hard to claim fraud (though they will) if Harris is leading in the polls and then wins.

They want to convince people it’s all fake and media driven hype 

Well let’s see how that works out for them. 

18 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Reggie Miller scored 9 points in 8 seconds against the New York Nets. What has Sid done?

Oh I didn’t even know Cheryl Miller’s little brother played basketball. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
Seinfeld accuracy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

More projection 

“Little Marco”

”Low Energy Jeb”

”Sloppy Steve”

”Lyin’ Ted”

”Cryin’ Chuck”

”Crooked Hillary”

”Sleepy Joe”

”Fucking Bitch”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The most amazing thing in that post was him saying the democrats are good at politics. 

Since the 1990s, the one superpower that Republicans had was a consistent message delivery - delivered from all politicians and right wing talking heads from Rush to Fox. They were really outstanding on message discipline.

Now, the GOP is all over the map saying different crazy things and Kamala and Tim and their party are pitching the “won’t go back” and “weird” and “ when we fight we win” mantra to some effectiveness. 

Having a slightly demented narcissist with no impulse control and a refusal to take advice from anyone that disagrees with his, well, that turns out not to be the best candidate attribute in 2024

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that's Kyle Clark, local NBC news anchor in Denver. i posted about him elsewhere last week when he was dunking on Jenna Ellis for 'flipping faster than an Olympic gymnast' 😆 i've become a big fan 😁

He looks like Mike Wallace of the 21st Century.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Since the 1990s, the one superpower that Republicans had was a consistent message delivery - delivered from all politicians and right wing talking heads from Rush to Fox. They were really outstanding on message discipline.

Now, the GOP is all over the map saying different crazy things and Kamala and Tim and their party are pitching the “won’t go back” and “weird” and “ when we fight we win” mantra to some effectiveness. 

Having a slightly demented narcissist with no impulse control and a refusal to take advice from anyone that disagrees with his, well, that turns out not to be the best candidate attribute in 2024

You lost me at "slightly."

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Lulz. I like Trump because he’ll hang out with Nazis. 

1.  Donald Trump will not talk to poor people, i.e., the bulk of his base. He’s disgusted by them.

2. Vance was cucked by Trump.  JD sat on a couch while Trump diddled his wife.

• Haha 1

What’s preventing the GOP from trying to steal the Dems playbook?  Anything more legitimate than Trump’s ego?  I’m talking about:

Trump drops out w/the promise of a pardon should Vance win

Vance ascends to be the nominee for President

Nikki Haley is picked to be VP

Trump becomes Vance/Haley’s biggest cheerleader.

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Lulz. I like Trump because he’ll hang out with Nazis. 

Damn, he took his eyeliner application up to 11. Fucking Priscilla Qeeen of the Desery up in that bitch 

Just now, mantis toboggan said:

Trump’s narcissism 

And he’ll assume that he can’t trust whoever his replacement is, because he’d knife someone in the back he assumes everyone would knife him too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mantis toboggan said:

Trump’s narcissism 

MAGA hates Vance and Haley. That would be almost guaranteeing a loss. They won’t turn out the base like Trump can 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2014 was really bad too. Probably the two lowest points of the Obama presidency. 

Trump lost about the same number of house and senate seats and the presidency in half the time.  Much more efficient than Obama.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What’s preventing the GOP from trying to steal the Dems playbook?  Anything more legitimate than Trump’s ego?  I’m talking about:

Trump drops out w/the promise of a pardon should Vance win

Vance ascends to be the nominee for President

Nikki Haley is picked to be VP

Trump becomes Vance/Haley’s biggest cheerleader.

Vance is tremendously unlikeable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Trump lost about the same number of house and senate seats and the presidency in half the time.  Much more efficient than Obama.

Obama lost 6 Senate seats in 2010 but gained back 2 in 2012 - net loss 4

Trump gained 2 in 2018 and lost 3 in 2020 - net loss 1

Obama lost 63 house seats in 2010 and gained 8 back in 2012 - net loss 55

Trump lost 41 seats in 2018 and gained back 13 in 2020 - net loss 28

Obama did way worse in his first term. But he won a second and Trump did not

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Obama lost 6 Senate seats in 2010 but gained back 2 in 2012 - net loss 4

Trump gained 2 in 2018 and lost 3 in 2020 - net loss 1

Obama lost 63 house seats in 2010 and gained 8 back in 2012 - net loss 55

Trump lost 41 seats in 2018 and gained back 13 in 2020 - net loss 28

Obama did way worse in his first term. But he won a second and Trump did not

OK, Trump didn't lose nearly as many.  I didn't look it up.  He should get credit for 2022 also though.

Edited by WBT