2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

The right-wing accounts are doubling down on this ridiculous thought that everyone was paid to attend Kamala's Phoenix rally, by posting a Craigslist ad screenshot as evidence. The small problem is, it's an ad for hiring talent for a commercial...

Full ad (https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tlg/d/dallas-happy-democrats-brand-paid-now/7771809292.html):

image.png.d8a42e30de31c6dcd8b3010761092178.png

Someone should community notes that bitch again.

Are you guys getting your Soros money?  I haven’t seen a check in weeks!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What’s preventing the GOP from trying to steal the Dems playbook?  Anything more legitimate than Trump’s ego?  I’m talking about:

Trump drops out w/the promise of a pardon should Vance win

Vance ascends to be the nominee for President

Nikki Haley is picked to be VP

Trump becomes Vance/Haley’s biggest cheerleader.

I honestly think if he had picked anyone but the couch fucker he would have been forced to resign by now

attaboy Don Jr

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

OK, Trump didn't lose nearly as many.  I didn't look it up.  He should get credit for 2022 also though.

Okay, then he won 9 House seats in 2022 to put his total net loss at 19 seats 

Lost 1 Senate seat for a net loss of 2

It’s hard to beat how badly Obama was thumped in 2010

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Obama lost 6 Senate seats in 2010 but gained back 2 in 2012 - net loss 4

Trump gained 2 in 2018 and lost 3 in 2020 - net loss 1

Obama lost 63 house seats in 2010 and gained 8 back in 2012 - net loss 55

Trump lost 41 seats in 2018 and gained back 13 in 2020 - net loss 28

Obama did way worse in his first term. But he won a second and Trump did not

there's fewer competitive districts now and 2012 was the first election following big data redrawing congressional maps to favor republicans in any republican controlled state -  pennsylvania's 2011 maps couldn't get more partisan.

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I honestly think if he had picked anyone but the couch fucker he would have been forced to resign by now

attaboy Don Jr

Who the hell in the RNC was going to do that?  Shit, the RNC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Trump family business now.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What’s preventing the GOP from trying to steal the Dems playbook?  Anything more legitimate than Trump’s ego?  I’m talking about:

Are you trying to be clever or something? Or trying to brain storm collectively for some MAGA fan fiction ideas?

Edited by YChang
  • Haha 1

I was surprised at how completely ape shit a huge portion of this country went after we elected a black president. I probably shouldn’t have been. IIRC, that pretty much coincided with the rise of Fox News. Which pretty much everyone in my family all of a sudden had on 24/7. I knew in the first 5 min of watching that crap it wasn’t for me. My theory is Obama made that network, because outrage is their product. And hoo boy did they tap a vein.

Gonna be interesting to see how bad Kamala causes that constituency to lose their shit. 100% chance execs at Fox are rooting for her.
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What is going on here? 

The GOP died 8 years ago. They're done. It doesn't exist anymore. 

If Trump was replaced, they would lose 25 million voters. 

There are still billionaires pumping money in right now. If they had a viable VP candidate that could at least stay in spitting distance of Harris/Walz they would be exerting tremendous pressure right now for trump to drop out. As is, I think they see it as sunk costs and if it gets worse as seems inevitable at this point they will just start cutting their losses

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

There are still billionaires pumping money in right now. If they had a viable VP candidate that could at least stay in spitting distance of Harris/Walz they would be exerting tremendous pressure right now for trump to drop out. As is, I think they see it as sunk costs and if it gets worse as seems inevitable at this point they will just start cutting their losses

But the strongest part of Trump's base are not reliable Republican voters. They want to burn it all down and won't vote for another GOP candidate. Kamala would get 400+ electoral votes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's not exactly "wowza" levels.  Wowza would be Harris leading by +5 or more.

Presidential elections have spawned a lot of  cottage industries full of people all trying to make a buck. If you have the data, just fucking release it. Now we get teasers and wowza's on social media.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When you’ve lost the boats…

Airshow yesterday and there was one Trump flag we saw on a boat.  Maybe a dozen or so typically in past years.  Likely more.  Maybe the rest capsized.  RIP the SS Maga-ritaville .  

Just have to use this whenever I get the chance. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Just have to use this whenever I get the chance. 

Should have grabbed pics.  It was the only boat w majority dudes.  Staring at every other boat while people pointed and laughed.  Weirdos.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When you’ve lost the boats…

Airshow yesterday and there was one Trump flag we saw on a boat.  Maybe a dozen or so typically in past years.  Likely more.  Maybe the rest capsized.  RIP assholes.  

I drove from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg and back last weekend. I’m not sure how much of it is my optimism, but I couldn’t help but feel like enthusiasm for Trump seemed down. Even driving through Carlisle, which was hosting some kind of truck nationals, I saw plenty of small dick trucks but not a single maga tank. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, heso said:

I drove from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg and back last weekend. I’m not sure how much of it is my optimism, but I couldn’t help but feel like enthusiasm for Trump seemed down. Even driving through Carlisle, which was hosting some kind of truck nationals, I saw plenty of small dick trucks but not a single maga tank. 

Of course, the MAGA tanks are the smallest of small dicks but I get your point.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Okay, then he won 9 House seats in 2022 to put his total net loss at 19 seats 

Lost 1 Senate seat for a net loss of 2

and I hate to say it, but the death of that loathsome pustule Rush Limbaugh probably cost the GOP a few percentage points.   He was like Joe Rogan on steroids, getting somewhat normal people to believe his absolute, crazy bullshit and become GOP haters worried to death about the other.

I’m not saying other GOP pundits aren’t trying to pick up the baton, but I don’t think they have the reach and depth of support that Rush had in his hay day

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

JD Vance. JD Vance is preventing that. He would have less success than Desantis.

35 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The thing about billionaires is there arent enough of them to swing a vote. half of the republican voting block will disappear in 24 and move on to the newly formed MAGA political party after the election. They have  no path forward without him, and a slim path forward with him. That aint changing in 3 months.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

there's fewer competitive districts now and 2012 was the first election following big data redrawing congressional maps to favor republicans in any republican controlled state -  pennsylvania's 2011 maps couldn't get more partisan.

Trump is bleeding down ballot R’s dry this cycle 

$$$

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

20 hours ago, MrBig said:

Doug Emhoff sitting next to Macron and his wife at the gold medal basketball game.

quick non-sequitur but I want to be Doug Emhoff when I grow up. Dude is living his best life and being superbly supportive of his wife at the same time. we already share a first name, so I'm halfway there! now to convince my fiancée  to run for office. lulz.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Having a slightly demented narcissist with no impulse control and a refusal to take advice from anyone that disagrees with his, well, that turns out not to be the best candidate attribute in 2024

It seems like Ivanka is sitting this one out.  Hope Hicks testified against Trump.  Does Trump have anyone he trusts?  Anyone who doesn't have a penis, regardless of size?  Neither Ivanka or Hope had any qualifications to be advising the President of the United States, but they were both saner than Trump.  

Just now, Pancho said:

I’m so tired of this guy getting angry Biden is out. It’s exhausting. Biden was losing bigly. You wanted him to stay in a race he was going to lose. There was no magic pill that he could swallow that was going to have him make a comeback and win. How Chris Jackson doesn’t comprehend this is beyond me. 

Is it wrong what media is doing? Yes, of course it is. But to pretend that Biden was pushed out of a winning race is laughable. He was going to lose. We now have a shot at winning, something we couldn’t have said a month ago. 

I just want to see daily stories about Donald being too old to be president. 

• Hook 'Em 7

And you know radical/racist republicans are starting to comprehend that yes, holy shit, they are actually losing by their responses on social media. They are trying every trick in the book—trying to repurpose the “weird” thing, trying to say Harris is using AI on their crowd, trying to call her fake, trying to say Walz fucked a horse, trying to call her a fraud when she has more experience by a mile over JV.

What they are also getting angry at is those attacked aren’t working. It’s hilarious to watch the radical, racist, cult turnip fans (mostly men) start to break down because people are tired to being told to be angry about something and their message (or lack of a message) sucks donkey dick. They are showcasing their stupidity, and I’ll gladly pour a glass and sit here and watch because it’s hilarious.

They have nothing, and they know it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I just want to see daily stories about Donald being too old to be president. 

And that he is clearly in cognitive decline 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Jack Straw said:

100% of Republicans? sure.

75% of the country? not so much.

Unfortunately the percentage is far too high- whatever it may be. Never a greater threat to our country than Trump and is fucking gang of idiots.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, G650 said:

More than Roger Miller

Wrong, period.  Try Doug Sahm’s version of Roger’s “Invitation to the Blues”.    I went to see Roger in 1970 at the Ft Hood NCO club ballroom, with my retired Sgt. Major Dad, then Postman (on Ft Hood).   Roger got heckled plenty.  I guess that was you.

• Hook 'Em 1