2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 hours ago, G650 said:

More than Roger Miller

Wrong, period.  Try Doug Sahm’s version of Roger’s “Invitation to the Blues”.    I went to see Roger in 1970 at the Ft Hood NCO club ballroom, with my retired Sgt. Major Dad, then Postman (on Ft Hood).   Roger got heckled plenty.  I guess that was you.

• Hook 'Em 1

People are wondering why Trump is not campaigning and they think it's because he stiffed venues in Lebanon, OH Mesa, AZ Erie, PA Green Bay, WI Eau Claire, WI Tucson, AZ Burlington, VT Spokane, WA El Paso, TX (over $500,000) Billings, MT Albuquerque, NM had to send Trump’s overdue bill of $211,000 to a collection agency in 2021. As of 2020, La Crosse, WI is still waiting for over $13,000 for multiple visits. He also stiffed Tucson out of $589,000

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m so tired of this guy getting angry Biden is out. It’s exhausting. Biden was losing bigly. You wanted him to stay in a race he was going to lose. There was no magic pill that he could swallow that was going to have him make a comeback and win. How Chris Jackson doesn’t comprehend this is beyond me. 

Is it wrong what media is doing? Yes, of course it is. But to pretend that Biden was pushed out of a winning race is laughable. He was going to lose. We now have a shot at winning, something we couldn’t have said a month ago. 

I just want to see Trump try to ride a bike 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Presidential elections have spawned a lot of  cottage industries full of people all trying to make a buck. If you have the data, just fucking release it. Now we get teasers and wowza's on social media.

I agree.  They take a poll on August 1 or whenever and take a week to release it.  I assume you're recording poll results into some sort of database as you go, why should it take longer than 15 minutes to get the results after the polling is done?

Former Trump voters that are suddenly against him, even with policy reasons they suddenly matter, I lump into the group of Americans that want to be on the winning team and thought he was that. Rally crowds and whatnot for 2016 and 2020. 

Now Harris/walz have those metrics and momentum,  so those people are compelled to find their way over to the new winning team with as much or as little rationalizing as they require. 

Really would like to see this all carry on thru Election Day, and the momentum pulls these people not only off of R votes but into D votes, such that the map is 2020 plus NC for sure, and one or both of FL and OH.  Texas would be loony tunes land, but a sweat from state Rs from a much tighter than expected race and maybe some down ballot losses would be good for the state. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Former Trump voters that are suddenly against him, even with policy reasons they suddenly matter, I lump into the group of Americans that want to be on the winning team and thought he was that. Rally crowds and whatnot for 2016 and 2020. 

Now Harris/walz have those metrics and momentum,  so those people are compelled to find their way over to the new winning team with as much or as little rationalizing as they require. 

Really would like to see this all carry on thru Election Day, and the momentum pulls these people not only off of R votes but into D votes, such that the map is 2020 plus NC for sure, and one or both of FL and OH.  Texas would be loony tunes land, but a sweat from state Rs from a much tighter than expected race and maybe some down ballot losses would be good for the state. 

@Al_4_ISU

How's Walz being received in once-purple NE Iowa?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

JD Vance. JD Vance is preventing that. He would have less success than Desantis.

The thing about billionaires is there arent enough of them to swing a vote. half of the republican voting block will disappear in 24 and move on to the newly formed MAGA political party after the election. They have  no path forward without him, and a slim path forward with him. That aint changing in 3 months.

The Trumps have discovered the incredibly successful and lucrative grift opportunities of being the head of a political party. They will not give that up just because the GOP no longer has use for them. I think you can make bank that Junior and his siblings will try to continue the tradition even if his dad strokes out or is put in prison.

Actually, Trump in prison is something junior dreams about every night. He would assume the mantle and the neck beards would keep sending their five dollars to him to get his dad out of prison. Which junior will direct to his own wallet.  And his followers will not vote for any Republican RINOs - because if you are not MAGA, you are RINO, thus neutering the GOP.

it’s perfect, really.

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Actually, Trump in prison is something junior dreams about every night. He would assume the mantle and the neck beards would keep sending their five dollars to him to get his dad out of prison. Which junior will direct to his own wallet.

Neck Beard Jr has the charisma of a pet rock. The Trump brand dies when Trump pulls an Elvis on the shitter or goes to prison. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Neck Beard Jr has the charisma of a pet rock. The Trump brand dies when Trump pulls an Elvis on the shitter or goes to prison. 

Abbott / Cruz / Desantis / Youngkin will try to fill that void 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Try. But they don’t have “it”

Also Kemp

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

The Trumps have discovered the incredibly successful and lucrative grift opportunities of being the head of a political party. They will not give that up just because the GOP no longer has use for them. I think you can make bank that Junior and his siblings will try to continue the tradition even if his dad strokes out or is put in prison.

Actually, Trump in prison is something junior dreams about every night. He would assume the mantle and the neck beards would keep sending their five dollars to him to get his dad out of prison. Which junior will direct to his own wallet.  And his followers will not vote for any Republican RINOs - because if you are not MAGA, you are RINO, thus neutering the GOP.

it’s perfect, really.

Trump is a messiah to those people while Jr is a fucking dildo. I have seen many hundreds of clips of people swooning about and pledging their lives to the cause of DJT. I cant recall a single person with much positive to say about that coked up slapdick. Without the big man around, Jr has negative value to whatever remains of the party. MAGA begins and ends with fat donnie. Once he is out of the picture, the loonies will gravitate to Musk or some other fucked up idiot, and Jr will be left crying in the corner with his plastic fuckdoll girlfriend. until she leaves him.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

quick non-sequitur but I want to be Doug Emhoff when I grow up. Dude is living his best life and being superbly supportive of his wife at the same time. we already share a first name, so I'm halfway there! now to convince my fiancée  to run for office. lulz.

And now I’m halfway to finding out your true identity. 

• Haha 1

Lying Ted and Meatball Ron have already had their balls cut off snd shoved down their throat by Trump and Abbott is a cripple. Those guys ain’t picking up the mantle with all the MAGA bros.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck you Chris

Seriously. I'm happy that the man in the most powerful position in the world can occasionally ride a bicycle without falling. But he still isn't physically/mentally capable of being president after his term is done. He was going to lose. It's over, Chris. Joe's moved on, you can too.

• Hook 'Em 3

No, Friedo is going to be the one everyone points to for Trump losing. Him and Elon for pushing Vance on Trumps. The diehards will look for someone to blame and it won't be their God King. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You have hit on something that’s pretty important. People want to be associated with success and winners.    My analogy will be football gear. Now, alumni will always rock their school’s gear. But sports fans without a direct affiliation will wear the jersey of the team that’s winning right now.  Florida was filled with Miami hurricane fans in the late 80s and early 90s.   The rest of the 90s was all FSU and UF stuff,   with everything UF in the mid-2000s

The important thing is to be associated with the bad-ass winner. It is a human trait.  People are so shallow that when their friends and neighbors support somebody or some thing, most people have a real problem opposing that for fear of losing friendships or being denigrated by the group.. 

That is my long-winded way of saying, I agree, and the continued success of Harris and Waltz will result in more bandwagon voters switching to the perceived soon-to-be winning side- - - because they want to be on the winning side.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I respectfully disagree. I agree with you if Donny strokes out - but if he goes to prison, then junior will be his media conduit to the MAGA faithful from Donald’s prison cell.   

Naturally, junior will be walking the line between backstabbing his dad and taking the money - and supporting his father because he thinks that’s how he makes the most money.

But because he is a Trump with a Trump personality, inevitably his dad will turn on him when the embezzlement from his father reaches unacceptable levels.  But in the immediate post-prison aftermath they will be grifting at the speed of light, and junior will have a leading role in that.

Just my opinion, probably complete bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There is a “wanna be on the winning team” effect.  Not sure how big it will be in the cult, but people love being on the winning team…..

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 1

If he loses, we'll get a good 2-3 years of grievance whining from him and his base. The Republicans left to pick up the pieces will have to placate the morons for a time. Maybe by 2028's cycle we'll see contenders emerge who disavow the Trump wing and run strictly as an alternative to 4 more years of Kamala. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If he loses, we'll get a good 2-3 years of grievance whining from him and his base. The Republicans left to pick up the pieces will have to placate the morons for a time. Maybe by 2028's cycle we'll see contenders emerge who disavow the Trump wing and run strictly as an alternative to 4 more years of Kamala. 

Good. That should help in 26 to not have a backlash. 

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And now I’m halfway to finding out your true identity. 

Plenty of folks on this site already know me. I'm a tailgate fixture, or was (we'll see how much work allows me to pregame this season), so you can learn all about me in person anytime you want. I'm definitely more a golden retriever than whatever that weird cartoon Doug was all about, if that's your next question.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

Wrong, period.  Try Doug Sahm’s version of Roger’s “Invitation to the Blues”.    I went to see Roger in 1970 at the Ft Hood NCO club ballroom, with my retired Sgt. Major Dad, then Postman (on Ft Hood).   Roger got heckled plenty.  I guess that was you.

Suspicious Futurama GIF

• Hook 'Em 2