2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

and I hate to say it, but the death of that loathsome pustule Rush Limbaugh probably cost the GOP a few percentage points.   He was like Joe Rogan on steroids, getting somewhat normal people to believe his absolute, crazy bullshit and become GOP haters worried to death about the other.

I’m not saying other GOP pundits aren’t trying to pick up the baton, but I don’t think they have the reach and depth of support that Rush had in his hay day

Thing about rush vs even Rogan is that you pretty much have to go find Rogan. Pretty much no one listens to podcasts other than headphones or by themselves in the car. Rush would just be on - in the warehouse, in your office, in your coworker's car

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If he loses, we'll get a good 2-3 years of grievance whining from him and his base. The Republicans left to pick up the pieces will have to placate the morons for a time. Maybe by 2028's cycle we'll see contenders emerge who disavow the Trump wing and run strictly as an alternative to 4 more years of Kamala. 

If he doesn’t flee the country to avoid jail/prison.  

And I stand by my previous post of MTGump taking Trumps place as the heir apparent.  She’s every bit as loud, hateful and stupid as trump and everyone on the Right is scared of her. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Sounds like all of us the last eight years. Should lead off all national news programs, asking any and every republican official when he will be stepping down due to his mental illness, etc.

But, nope.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 4

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

All that waitstaff was going to get a huge dividend from supply-side economics and trickle-down! Look at the Laffer curve!

Thanks, President Reagan!

David Stockman, Ronald Reagan's budget director during his first administration and one of the early proponents of supply-side economics, was concerned that the administration did not pay enough attention to cutting government spending. He maintained that the Laffer curve was not to be taken literally—at least not in the economic environment of the 1980s United States. In The Triumph of Politics, he writes: "[T]he whole California gang had taken [the Laffer curve] literally (and primitively). The way they talked, they seemed to expect that once the supply-side tax cut was in effect, additional revenue would start to fall, manna-like, from the heavens. Since January, I had been explaining that there is no literal Laffer curve."[48] Stockman also said that "Laffer wasn't wrong, he just didn't go far enough" (in paying attention to government spending).[49]

Some have criticized elements of Reaganomics on the basis of equity. For example, economist John Kenneth Galbraith believed that the Reagan administration actively used the Laffer curve "to lower taxes on the affluent".[Shocking!] Some critics point out that tax revenues almost always rise every year, and during Reagan's two terms increases in tax revenue were more shallow than increases during presidencies where top marginal tax rates were higher.[51] Critics also point out that since the Reagan tax cuts, income has not significantly increased for the rest of the population. This assertion is supported by studies that show the income of the top 1% nearly doubling during the Reagan years, while income for other income levels increased only marginally; income actually decreased for the bottom quintile.[52] However, a 2018 study by the Congressional Budget Office showed average household income rising 68.8% for the bottom quintile after government transfers (in the form of various income support and in-kind programmes, subsidies, and taxes) from 1979 to 2014. This same study showed the middle quintile's income rising 41.5% after government transfers and taxes.[53]

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I love it that they had the opportunity four years ago to rid themselves of this cancer forever, but didn't, because they're cowards (I think five republicans total voted for impeachment... after the attempted coup). Now they get to watch him get his fucking ass kicked by a black woman and America's Dad. 

Of the four times Republicans could have taken the off ramp with Trump, evangelicals provided the firewall that could not be penetrated. They are more than any other single force responsible for all of Trump’s nine lives.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Good. That should help in 26 to not have a backlash. 

I also assume if Harris wins we will have a competent AG in charge ready to drop the hammer on any MAGAts that try to step over the line.  And I’m talking about the heavy hitters, not just the Proud Boys and other incel dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Of the four times Republicans could have taken the off ramp with Trump, evangelicals provided the firewall that could not be penetrated. They are more than any other single force responsible for all of Trump’s nine lives.

Actually had some respect for white evangelicals pre-Trump. Still not sure I understand how a fraud, criminal, rapist, serial adulterer, liar, hateful, vengeful man became the face of Christianity for right wingers. Sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I also assume if Harris wins we will have a competent AG in charge ready to drop the hammer on any MAGAts that try to step over the line.  And I’m talking about the heavy hitters, not just the Proud Boys and other incel dipshits.

There will be a change at AG. There’s an expectation of a decent sized cabinet shuffle. A lot of senators jockeying for some positions

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Actually had some respect for white evangelicals pre-Trump. Still not sure I understand how a fraud, criminal, rapist, serial adulterer, liar, hateful, vengeful man became the face of Christianity for right wingers. Sad. 

I've asked that question to many a super religious Trump supporter. I get something like "No one is perfect, I could say the same about Biden" etc. Just nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There will be a change at AG. There’s an expectation of a decent sized cabinet shuffle. A lot of senators jockeying for some positions

Would you mind expounding on that with names and potential placements?

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

I think Harris-Walz would rock at any of the large arenas in Texas population centers. They should go for it.

I would LOVE to ask my Trumpy parents to babysit for a date night and come back home decked out in Harris-Walz paraphernalia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Would you mind expounding on that with names and potential placements?

I saw state, AG, defense. Cortez Masto was a name for AG and Jack Reed at defense. But Reed to defense has been a thing since 2008 lol

Pete is going to have his pick of what he wants

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I saw state, AG, defense. Cortez Masto was a name for AG and Jack Reed at defense. But Reed to defense has been a thing since 2008 lol

I presume good soldier Pete has earned State by now.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Am extremely excited to see where Pete goes on from Transportation.

Gotta vote tho!

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I would LOVE to ask my Trumpy parents to babysit for a date night and come back home decked out in Harris-Walz paraphernalia.

you could do that tomorrow

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What is going on here? 

The GOP died 8 years ago. They're done. It doesn't exist anymore. 

If Trump was replaced, they would lose 25 million voters. 

It's that simple.

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

First response on this tweet:

image.png.9bfc7364673a4a26d588364612299992.png

Regarding Biden and Trump:

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

They are both too old

🤷🏼‍♂️

It's that simple.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Kamala in the white top descending those steps is a perfect image to capture what this is all about. Clean and new and forward looking. Congrats to whomever chose the wardrobe that day. 

What a shock that Diness D'Souza is talking out of his ass for his pardoner.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

It just occurred to me that if this whole election thing doesn’t work out for the good guys, Trump could be neutralized forever if he woke up one day inside an AI generated VR bubble where crowds of people cheer him on as he’s fellated by Ivanka.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 minute ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Sounds like the next move should be flooding the web with obviously fake, ai-generated crowds at Kamala events just to watch Turmip melt online into a screaming puddle of fetus diarrhea. 

And of Trump speaking to empty arenas. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

McStrokin’

main-qimg-4a94a4ec14fca28877e9875ae314ee

Clarence Carter's legal team is also preparing a cease & desist order against the Trump campaign for "I stroke ghost to the east, I stroke ghost to the west.  And I stroke it Ivanka who I love the best.  I be strokin'!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Sounds like the next move should be flooding the web with obviously fake, ai-generated crowds at Kamala events just to watch Turmip melt online into a screaming puddle of fetus diarrhea. 

Use the Metallica crowd in Russia in 1991 for an extra zhuzh of irony and paranoia. 

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

Thing about rush vs even Rogan is that you pretty much have to go find Rogan. Pretty much no one listens to podcasts other than headphones or by themselves in the car. Rush would just be on - in the warehouse, in your office, in your coworker's car

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Limbaugh was pervasive in many places at certain times of the day.  I would hear it in the background in my first sergeant’s office every day, if you took your car to a mechanic - decent chance it was on. Was not uncommon to hear it at barber shops, if I was visiting my dad at an oilfield (or potential oilfield), it was on in whatever trailer was setup for offices, and I’d hear it in the truck driving around.  Guy coming to fix the AC or spray for termites or whatever, would have it on in his truck.  Friends of mine would have it on.

It was fuckign weird in hindsight how many places you could hear Limbaugh.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

So Trump is reverse Hillary-ing this race?

That’s one way to put it. The other is they’re funneling all the ground game money directly to him. Grift grift grift 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

It just occurred to me that if this whole election thing doesn’t work out for the good guys, Trump could be neutralized forever if he woke up one day inside an AI generated VR bubble where crowds of people cheer him on as he’s fellated by Ivanka.

In Trump’s defense, most of us would be similarly neutralized in that scenario as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1