2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

That's the big one and the fact they have technically already nominated him. Don't know how all that works but imagine it's a bit trickier to navigate.

The party can change the ticket I believe, but the problem is that ballots are about to be printed or at least locked in at the state level.

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

There are still billionaires pumping money in right now. If they had a viable VP candidate that could at least stay in spitting distance of Harris/Walz they would be exerting tremendous pressure right now for trump to drop out. As is, I think they see it as sunk costs and if it gets worse as seems inevitable at this point they will just start cutting their losses

There comes a point where the BMDs bail until the next election, and Trump freaking out a lot this past week makes me wonder if that’s happened. Sheldon Aldeson’s estate is getting pressured by the Trump campaign, as an example.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

You have hit on something that’s pretty important. People want to be associated with success and winners.    My analogy will be football gear. Now, alumni will always rock their school’s gear. But sports fans without a direct affiliation will wear the jersey of the team that’s winning right now.  Florida was filled with Miami hurricane fans in the late 80s and early 90s.   The rest of the 90s was all FSU and UF stuff,   with everything UF in the mid-2000s

And all of Trump’s whining about 2020, and even dipping into the 2016 grievances against Hillary, and whining about how it’s unfair that he doesn’t get to face Biden, is turning off these types of folks.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Plenty of folks on this site already know me. I'm a tailgate fixture, or was (we'll see how much work allows me to pregame this season), so you can learn all about me in person anytime you want. I'm definitely more a golden retriever than whatever that weird cartoon Doug was all about, if that's your next question.

Porkchop?

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Let me tell you something people. Kamala Harris, she wants to take away your ability to order ice cream. Can you believe that? Ice cream! And it gets worse. She wants to ban sprinkles. Yes, sprinkles! The little things that make ice cream great, she wants to ban them. It’s the worst idea you’ve ever heard. Unbelievable! This is an absolute disaster. It's the worst thing you’ve ever heard. She’s out of control, folks. Totally out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is why Walz was the correct VP choice.  We need someone who will just call out their nonsense in a "WTF are we doing?" way.  Yes, WE have all been saying that for years, but regular moron America apparently needs it spelled out for them.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Let me tell you something people. Kamala Harris, she wants to take away your ability to order ice cream. Can you believe that? Ice cream! And it gets worse. She wants to ban sprinkles. Yes, sprinkles! The little things that make ice cream great, she wants to ban them. It’s the worst idea you’ve ever heard. Unbelievable! This is an absolute disaster. It's the worst thing you’ve ever heard. She’s out of control, folks. Totally out of control.

"Proof? Oh you want proof. That's coming in two weeks folks. You won't even believe it. Banning ice cream like a dog. Like it's never been banned before." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whoever is elected will represent the U.S. in opening and closing the 2028 Olympics in LA*

*Unless Trump wins, and then he will probably try to unilaterally move it to Florida or something stupid 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Who is the man whose estate will sue the pants off the Orange man?

You damn right!

I know there are some people that love him, but Trump has got to be the most hated person in the history of this country.  People either love him or hate him and for every person that loves him, there are 3 that hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.  Not in Wichita Falls mind you, but across the US.
Even amongst Republicans.  People like Cruz may bend the knee, but they fucking hate hate hate him even if they’ve gauged it’s most politically advantageous to be on his good side publicly.  Your seeing some of them start to distance themselves.  I think if Trump’s campaign trajectory continues, you’ll see some them start drawing the long knives soon enough.

Im looking forward to seeing this explored in Lin Manuel Miranda’s next production “Trump: The Musical.”

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

First they're against different colors, but now we're to believe that the GOP would allow sprinkles?  Two things--first, sprinkles are multi-colored, second--those sprinkles could be grooming their kids to become gay or color tolerant.  You'll get white sprinkles or nothing.  

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

For a campaign that seems to always have incoming money (and multiple gifts), why aren't more people asking about his funding? 

It feels like Trump org has totally turned the GOP into the Bamboo Lounge 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

This all tells me that team Dotard is either using AI now or is planning to.

Already there... 

image.thumb.png.1b38933f04a11710e3112ccc44739161.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NWBuck said:

For a campaign that seems to always have incoming money (and multiple gifts), why aren't more people asking about his funding? 

Already there... 

lol, never seen the Twitter caption and gotta say

image.gif.56ccdb7f48f741c72aa73122a7830439.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Sounds like the next move should be flooding the web with obviously fake, ai-generated crowds at Kamala events just to watch Turmip melt online into a screaming puddle of fetus diarrhea. 

Yep, just @ him on truth social with all kinds of fakes.  Not that he would look at them, but the thought is hilarious. and send them to our MAGA relatives.

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

It just occurred to me that if this whole election thing doesn’t work out for the good guys, Trump could be neutralized forever if he woke up one day inside an AI generated VR bubble where crowds of people cheer him on as he’s fellated by Ivanka.

image.png.aa5240845c6f16295487800f31d41f69.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Already there... 

Wait, is that Michael Berry from Houston that retweeted that? Hahahahhaha

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Do these campaigns every have to pay for a single past use violation? Seems they can just keep doing it one song at a time, ignore the demand, and keep going. How does it keep happening?

In short, it costs to license music....and we all know how cheap the Trump campaign is.

https://www.ascap.com/~/media/files/pdf/advocacy-legislation/political_campaign.pdf

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Whoever is elected will represent the U.S. in opening and closing the 2028 Olympics in LA*

*Unless Trump wins, and then he will probably try to unilaterally move it to Florida or something stupid 

He'd either pocket the money from the opening ceremony or have it celebrate him, the greatest golfer in the world. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

In short, it costs to license music....and we all know how cheap the Trump campaign is.

https://www.ascap.com/~/media/files/pdf/advocacy-legislation/political_campaign.pdf

Yeah, I was going to opine on this, but it gets complicated.  Normally (so clearly not here because these fuckwits are fuckwits), what would happen is the campaign would contact the proper agencies (performing rights organizations, record company, etc) and pay a usage fee or fees, compulsory, plus flat or per use, which varies depending on the usage (venue, scope, etc).  But these fuckwits are just doing it illegally and then trying to wait it out with the courts, which is their MO.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Do these campaigns every have to pay for a single past use violation? Seems they can just keep doing it one song at a time, ignore the demand, and keep going. How does it keep happening?

If the musician likes you, you don’t have to pay shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he’s doing really well, y’all. 
image.thumb.png.f12f413c9f6aed3a0d4515912057253e.png

Sorry, Donnie.  America just isn’t that into you.  In fact, America would rather share a bed with Amber Heard after she washed down a box of ex-lax with a gallon of chili 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1