2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m so tired of this guy getting angry Biden is out. It’s exhausting. Biden was losing bigly. You wanted him to stay in a race he was going to lose. There was no magic pill that he could swallow that was going to have him make a comeback and win. How Chris Jackson doesn’t comprehend this is beyond me. 

Is it wrong what media is doing? Yes, of course it is. But to pretend that Biden was pushed out of a winning race is laughable. He was going to lose. We now have a shot at winning, something we couldn’t have said a month ago. 

Well, he was going to lose because of the media.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

10 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

quick non-sequitur but I want to be Doug Emhoff when I grow up. Dude is living his best life and being superbly supportive of his wife at the same time. we already share a first name, so I'm halfway there! now to convince my fiancée  to run for office. lulz.

This guy is comfortable in his own skin. He was so successful as an attorney, that he's got no ego issues at all stepping into his wife's shadow. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Vivek knows turnip is going to lose and is trying to position himself for the future of the party. I think he’s starting to understand (or he’s possibly been told by radical R donors) that after turnip loses, there will be a battle for the head of the R party that will try to go back to normal so they can win shit and Ramaswam is trying to be that guy

image.png

Fucking Trump has never had anything but a trivial narrative of lies.  The bad advisor is Trump himself.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

Do these campaigns every have to pay for a single past use violation? Seems they can just keep doing it one song at a time, ignore the demand, and keep going. How does it keep happening?

Yes.  The statute of limitations for copyright infringement is three years.  It was recently ruled that that is for filing suit and not a backward time limitation on damages (can recover past three years).

IP usually gets infringed until the owner sues to enjoin it.  An "innocent" or unknowing infringer may stop once warned.  Trumpco is anything but innocent.

The trouble can be proving damages.  But, if there is an existing scheme for payment of royalties for similar use, that can set a floor.  Plus, as noted by the ASCAP thing posted above, the artist has NIL and related trademark rights, so it's not just the infringement of the copyright in the music, but a false or unauthorized association between the artist and candidate.  Shit could get real.

ETA: I guess really you're asking why you don't hear about lawsuits, judgments and settlements beyond the initial sabre rattling.  And, the answer is likely that the rights-owners have Trumpco so dead-to-rights, the only issue is how big is the bill.  Every dollar spent defending that case raises the bill.  So they quietly settle.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Bill Miller has good tea and fried chicken. What does Sid have?

15 hours ago, G650 said:

More than Roger Miller

Neither one can roller skate in a buffalo herd 

8 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Actually had some respect for white evangelicals pre-Trump. Still not sure I understand how a fraud, criminal, rapist, serial adulterer, liar, hateful, vengeful man became the face of Christianity for right wingers. Sad. 

He embodies every one of the seven deadly sins 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fucking Trump has never had anything but a trivial narrative of lies.  The bad advisor is Trump himself.

He can't focus on Kamala's lack of experience because she has far more experience than he had before he became President and he can't focus on her flawed policies because it would require a mental discipline and marshaling and remembering of facts that is beyond his cognitive ability. 

8 hours ago, Goredho said:

I know there are some people that love him, but Trump has got to be the most hated person in the history of this country.  People either love him or hate him and for every person that loves him, there are 3 that hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.  Not in Wichita Falls mind you, but across the US.
Even amongst Republicans.  People like Cruz may bend the knee, but they fucking hate hate hate him even if they’ve gauged it’s most politically advantageous to be on his good side publicly.  Your seeing some of them start to distance themselves.  I think if Trump’s campaign trajectory continues, you’ll see some them start drawing the long knives soon enough.

Im looking forward to seeing this explored in Lin Manuel Miranda’s next production “Trump: The Musical.”

Well I'm glad the other 2 of those 3 have caught up to the way I've felt about Trump since around 1989 or so

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing of consequence, but I noticed a quirk in how Pete speaks. I don’t watch a ton of talking political heads, but I watched the Pete clip and have seen a one or two others recently and notice that he rarely/never says Kamala Harris’ name; he’ll say the awkward “her and Tim Walz” and of course he’ll contemptuously say Trump’s name over and over, but the only time I heard Kamala Harris’ name in the CNN interview was “Harris/Walz” one time.  Maybe I missed another, but the point remains.

Im not sure if it’s just a Pete quirk or something else, but it caught my ear.

Vivek knows turnip is going to lose and is trying to position himself for the future of the party. I think he’s starting to understand (or he’s possibly been told by radical R donors) that after turnip loses, there will be a battle for the head of the R party that will try to go back to normal so they can win shit and Ramaswam is trying to be that guy

image.thumb.png.7c21282aa6f9975a3fbef1b03f9d97e3.png

Fuck that fucking fuck and all the rest of them. They couldn’t gargle Trump’s dick deeply enough, for a fucking decade. They are full-on team MAGA-fascist, and they can never wash that stink off of them. If you are a Trump Republican, for reasons of either true belief or ambition/cowardice, IDGAF. You betrayed everything the Republic stands for. You are shit, and people should shit on your grave for eternity.

But why?  They've been massive hypocrites for all of the 21st century and a good bit of the 20th?

Yep. Fuck them all to hell too. They worship someone who checks most all of the “anti-Christ” boxes. The most anti-Christian people in the US right now are “evangelical Christians.” They are evil. Burn in hell - which I really hope exists, just for them.

By the way, the intrepid aggies on TexAgs are all over the "Trump Cries Wolf over Kamala's Crowd Size" story  and the results are predictably hilarious. Read along and watch as the reality that Trump is a dumbass and they've been had slowly dawns on them ...

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3480354

They’re the stupidest motherfuckers on earth, and they have dominated our culture for far too look. Time to banish them back to the slimy holes under rocks whence they came.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

By the way, the intrepid aggies on TexAgs are all over the "Trump Cries Wolf over Kamala's Crowd Size" story  and the results are predictably hilarious. Read along and watch as the reality that Trump is a dumbass and they've been had slowly dawns on them ...

Lulz

Spoiler

That's it. But he probably isn't going to do that because he's Trump and like Jimbo - while he won a political 'natty' in 2016 versus a very unpopular Hillary he then needed to adapt his playbook - but nope - it is the same ole Jimbo offenses year after year and while still able to win ball games in GOP primary scrimmages, at a national election level the same ole Trump playbook is not nearly as effective against opponents not named Hillary - and the Dem side is going to bait him again and again to play their game.

Trump WAS going to still beat Biden regardless because Biden age and mental faculty issues got so bad it was sinking the Dem campaign…but the Dems didn't mess around…they fired their head coach mid-season and now they got a rejuvenated football team.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

image.png

Pretty sure that’s a fake account.  The 2 m’s in the handle Rammaswamy gives it away.  

In case yall wondered…Texags may have finally figured out that Kamala’s Detroit appearance was real and not AI, but conservative social media hasn’t. My FB has entire threads, form right now, where they’re all-in in it.
These people are criminally stupid, and they’re dedicated to it with religious fervor.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Actually had some respect for white evangelicals pre-Trump. Still not sure I understand how a fraud, criminal, rapist, serial adulterer, liar, hateful, vengeful man became the face of Christianity for right wingers. Sad. 

They think all those things make him a fighter. 

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

no-i-dont-think.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Pancho said:

Wondering if turnip got pulled from the campaign trail because a.) his dementia is getting worse or 2.) because some folks are about to jump ship.

Part of it has to be that SS wants him to hold rallies indoors, and he doesn't want to pay for the venue.  He needs to hold onto those campaign funds to pay retainers.

Edited by dcbc

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

An entire alumni base that’s quite literally retarded.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In case yall wondered…Texags may have finally figured out that Kamala’s Detroit appearance was real and not AI, but conservative social media hasn’t. My FB has entire threads, form right now, where they’re all-in in it.
These people are criminally stupid, and they’re dedicated to it with religious fervor.

Good. They should keep telling themselves it’s all fake. Nothing to worry about. Trump’s got the election in the bag. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

next to the Kwik Star (if you know the Upper Midwest, you know that this is basically the busiest spot in any small town). 

I thought that was the Kum & Go. Still can't believe that name. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I'm seeing more and more Trump shit on my daily commute.  One thing I am not seeing is something I saw most every weekend from around 2019 through 2022, and that was the local folk peddling all the Trump shit at the Wal-Mart parking lot or some other intersection.    I figured I would be seeing those folks by now, but they've yet to make their appearance.  

Was driving by the Wal-Mart this weekend and saw something with flags in the air and I thought it's time.  As I got closer, I saw it was some taco truck.  With more people lined up than I ever saw buying Trump crap.    Who knows; maybe the same person who long ago realized they can make more peddling food than hateful decorations.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Definitely far from wowza. 

Wowza in the context that that the previous polls for NC were Trump +2, Trump +3, Trump +3, Trump +3, Trump +4

If she's tying him in NC, then she's already ahead in GA.  If he's lost ~1.5 points of support (his winning NC margin), that puts FL less than 2 points, Iowa at 6 points, Maine's second district around 5 points (there was a poll showing Trump only +4 here), Ohio 6.5 points, Texas 4 points

That would have some major downballot effects - FL Senate, Texas Senate, Sherrod Brown winning, House races in Iowa, etc. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I thought that was the Kum & Go. Still can't believe that name. 

They sold out to Maverick from Utah.  Kum & Go's will be gone soon.

Plus, they were fairly inconsistent in their locations and layouts.  Tons in central Iowa, but almost none in the far northern part of the state (where I live).  It's all Kwik Trip/Star and Casey's, or mom and pop type joints.  The occasional Love's at a busy interchange too.

• Hook 'Em 2