2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Nate said he himself, not his model, would likely give Harris 80% chance to win the EC with a 3 point lead

MOAR!!

Last update: 3 p.m., Tuesday, August 13: Not a huge volume of polling since our last update, but we continue to see new national polls coming in toward the Harris +3 to Harris +4 range, and that has boosted her overall lead over Trump to 3.1 points in our national polling average, her largest yet. That’s enough to offset some mediocre polling for Harris in Texas and Florida, which are at best on the fringe as swing states.

Pretty sure 80% was Silver’s assessment for Hillary in the waning days of the 2016 campaign. 

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

46 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Talked to a boomer today who told me she probably won’t vote. She absolutely hates Trump and thinks Vance is a creep but Kamala will turn us into a third world country. 

Narrator: but somehow boomer cunt did muster the energy to vote, and she voted for Trump just as she had the last two elections.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

WTF are "The Groups"?

“The Groups” are when a popular or semi popular cause or community of interest coalesces into a group of student council and grifter types who claim to speak for the cause but really just speak for themselves. 
so, BLM the group as opposed to black life mattering, the NRA the group as opposed to shooters and hunters, here in Austin you have SOS which claims to speak for environmentalists but is mostly speaking for Bill Bunch and his landlord pals, etc.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

There you go thinking logically again.  A lot of the dumbfucks in the UAW will still vote for Trump because they are massive dumbfucks.

Are you saying people like this are massive dumbfucks?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Trumper today basically equated Walz DWI with everything Trump has done. Ugh. 

Weird, the Texas and Hawaii medical boards sure didn’t treat mine as if I was a 34 time felon/racist/pedophile

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

“The Groups” are when a popular or semi popular cause or community of interest coalesces into a group of student council and grifter types who claim to speak for the cause but really just speak for themselves. 
so, BLM the group as opposed to black life mattering, the NRA the group as opposed to shooters and hunters, here in Austin you have SOS which claims to speak for environmentalists but is mostly speaking for Bill Bunch and his landlord pals, etc.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb94eca25ebf08d7d16afe43d98cd228.jpeg

This is a Group I could get behind

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not a friend. High school classmate on Facebook. Most Trumpers I’ve blocked. 

I tend to leave them on my friend list to remind me I’m not the dumbest around.

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

When did he do this?  I recall he’s been against the dotard for quite a while now, no?

RNC. Thanked them for having him there to speak. He did basically tell them the strength of America was in union labor and workers rights. Most glossed over it because he was speaking at the RNC.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

Ozukee County in WI is currently on 51-49 for the ballot measure - Trump won this county 55-43. Waukesha is at 42% no - this was a 60-39 Trump county.

Dems making inroads into the WOW counties around Milwaukee go a long way to winning the state comfortably. Washington at 67-33 yes, this was a 68-30 county for Trump 

Will be interesting to see final margins. These 2 ballot measures are GOP aligned, so Wisconsin a) voted them down and b) are cutting into traditional margins in the WOW counties. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Pretty sure 80% was Silver’s assessment for Hillary in the waning days of the 2016 campaign. 

His model doesn’t say 80%. He is saying that +3 Harris nationally should equate to an electoral college win 80% of the time. This is not a forecast or prediction, he’s been saying for a while that Dems should feel good at +3

• Hook 'Em 1