2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Say what you want about the cheese heads, but they've been crawling through glass to vote Democrat since the spring of 2018. 

Meanwhile, across the St Croix, the top of the GOP ticket will have a deadbeat dad joining the rapist/felon. Good luck!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I saw this guy live during their convention and seriously sat there for 5 minutes wondering why the dude from Hot Tub Time Machine was speaking at the RNC.

Shotgun to the dick!

• Haha 2

“She looks like the most beautiful actress ever to live,” he said. “It was a drawing, and actually, she looked very much like a great first lady, Melania.” 

This is my favorite brain dump of his yet. 

• Haha 2

All the talk on earlier pages about putting resources in TX or FL got me thinking if any of the shitbird states should be targeted, it’s Ohio.  You can tie it in nicely with the blitz on the other Big 10 states and who knows, maybe Vance’s weirdness will wear thin on them since they have to deal with him on a daily basis.  I think it would be the easiest one to pick off out of the unholy trinity of ass that is TX, FL, OH.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

All the talk on earlier pages about putting resources in TX or FL got me thinking if any of the shitbird states should be targeted, it’s Ohio.  You can tie it in nicely with the blitz on the other Big 10 states and who knows, maybe Vance’s weirdness will wear thin on them since they have to deal with him on a daily basis.  I think it would be the easiest one to pick off out of the unholy trinity of ass that is TX, FL, OH.

Plus nobody's moving to OH, it's just a bunch of people fleeing

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

With how the unions seems to be very engaged, I think OH would be certainly easier than TX. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

With how the unions seems to be very engaged, I think OH would be certainly easier than TX. 

Would be incredible to see TX flip though. If only there were a good senate candidate

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Ozukee County in WI is currently on 51-49 for the ballot measure - Trump won this county 55-43. Waukesha is at 42% no - this was a 60-39 Trump county.

Dems making inroads into the WOW counties around Milwaukee go a long way to winning the state comfortably. Washington at 67-33 yes, this was a 68-30 county for Trump 

Will be interesting to see final margins. These 2 ballot measures are GOP aligned, so Wisconsin a) voted them down and b) are cutting into traditional margins in the WOW counties. 

This is the political perversion I come here for!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What a perfect political description of those 3 states. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Next time don’t speak at their convention, you penis looking dope

Didn't the Biden administration bail out the Teamsters pension fund, while the Trump administration was one of the most anti-union administrations in history?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ozukee County in WI is currently on 51-49 for the ballot measure - Trump won this county 55-43. Waukesha is at 42% no - this was a 60-39 Trump county.

Dems making inroads into the WOW counties around Milwaukee go a long way to winning the state comfortably. Washington at 67-33 yes, this was a 68-30 county for Trump 

Will be interesting to see final margins. These 2 ballot measures are GOP aligned, so Wisconsin a) voted them down and b) are cutting into traditional margins in the WOW counties. 

It's probably more a primary vs general electorate thing than anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, given the trends over the past 3-4 elections, given that abortion is on the ballot (even if not officially, it's in a lot of people's minds), and given that the state Republicans are doing things like running Houston's school district into the ground as well as pushing school vouchers, on purpose, not to mention all of the other little things (power outages, etc.), Trump will be lucky to win by 3%.  Very lucky.

Prepare to be disappointed. The environment is shaping up to be 2020-adjacent and the transplant phenomenon and changing dynamics in South Texas are real, and counteract the emergence of Gen Z. Trump will win Texas by 6-8 again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dems should make time for heartbreaking testimonials for some of the Texas women whose lives were imperiled by Republicans who rule this state with an iron hand. Should be done in prime time.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Next time don’t speak at their convention, you penis looking dope

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I saw this guy live during their convention and seriously sat there for 5 minutes wondering why the dude from Hot Tub Time Machine was speaking at the RNC.

He was feeding

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

Sean O'Brien won his election for Teamsters president by appealing to Maga Teamsters.

There's alot of them, which doesn't make sense; but does when you consider that a majority of Teamsters are uneducated, and have lots of break time to spend watching conspiracy videos on YouTube that their stay home wives send them

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Nate said he himself, not his model, would likely give Harris 80% chance to win the EC with a 3 point lead

MOAR!!

Last update: 3 p.m., Tuesday, August 13: Not a huge volume of polling since our last update, but we continue to see new national polls coming in toward the Harris +3 to Harris +4 range, and that has boosted her overall lead over Trump to 3.1 points in our national polling average, her largest yet. That’s enough to offset some mediocre polling for Harris in Texas and Florida, which are at best on the fringe as swing states.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Allegedly two big national polls tomorrow - Monmouth and Quinnipiac 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

It's probably more a primary vs general electorate thing than anything.

Dems didn’t really have many contested primaries to vote for. Winkler is a goddamn American hero for what he’s done for WI Dems since 2016. Dane came out big last night! 

If Dane comes out big again in November and Harris cuts into the WOW margins just a tiny bit more, it’s so over. Evers won Dane 79-21. Biden won it 76-23. 71-23 for Hillary. 

And she doesn’t have to do but 1-2 points better overall in the WOW counties to win comfortably 

Waukesha finished 57-43, Washington 65-35 and Ozsukee 50.1-49.9. 

2022 - Waukesha 60-40 against Evers, Washington 69-31 against Evers, Ozaukee 55-44 against Evers  and he won statewide by 3.4

2020 - Waukesha 60-40 Trump, Washington 68-30 Trump and Ozaukee 55-43

2016 - Waukesha 62-34 Trump, Washington 68-27 Trump, Ozaukee 57-39 Trump

They are one of the most stubborn suburbs in flipping blue. But Dems are making gains every cycle 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The hell is a WOW county?

The traditional strongholds of Wisconsin Republicans in the Milwaukee suburbs. They are among the few suburban counties that are still hard R post-Dobbs.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Oh c’mon, Nevada!

Nevada is a difficult state to poll. Trust me, I don’t believe it. He didn’t even win it in 2016. Every damn cycle 

That is still 297 EVs 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Nevada is a difficult state to poll. Trust me, I don’t believe it. 

Well, if it helps, I have a layover in Vegas today on my way to Eugene, and I’ll be rocking my Kamala t-shirt through the airport.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Yeah, it’s hard to think he has a better shot in Nevada than in 2020 when the hospitality union and the democratic machine can actually knock on doors and get out the vote. 

Just now, South Austin said:

Well, if it helps, I have a layover in Vegas today on my way to Eugene, and I’ll be rocking my Kamala t-shirt through the airport.

Pics of Oregon thotts or gtfo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Guessing Trump by 5% in Texas but just pulling that out of my ass. Lots of Trumpies have come from out of state here.

Screenshot_20240813_183249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2c581d33a83a31da19b45e0ecf74dfd.jpg

Will be very interesting to see how close Texas is.  There’s zero 0% chance it goes blue this year but if it keeps trending and gets closer than ~3.5% then the following cycle it should actually be in play.  Personally I think there will be a negative reaction in Texas to Harris’ race and gender and the gap will widen to 6-7%.  I hope I’m wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1