2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I would flip NV to blue, NC to yellow and then totally agree with that. 

NV flipping red and NC flipping blue in the same election - no way the shattered dreams of the GOP in 2016/2020 and the Dems in 2016/2020 happens in the same election. 

Yeah, looking like 319-219 to me...GA and NC both go blue with NC the only change vs last time.  If Trump really implodes Ds could maybe bring OH into play.  I just don't see it for FL or TX.

It's worth pointing out that the shuffling with the 2020 census means that a repeat of Biden's 306-232 map would tighten to 303-235.

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

CNN out there pushing the boundaries of political thought, again. Twelve moves ahead of everyone else. 

image.png.7caea2dde1e170210c1d9aba5dbeeefd.png

chipmunk.gif.0e97d6d868781b58e2d5a8d059bf9212.gif

Timid incompetents. He still denies the last election, dumbasses.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

So the campaign has no resources or field offices anymore and now will have to spend time and money defending previously "in the bag" EVs.  Nice.

Trump's consolation prize will be keeping his customer base intact. He'll evidently shock CNN by saying he was robbed. All new merch for the all new whine. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Donold’s unwavering 43% seriously pisses me the fuck off. He’s not even fucking campaigning anymore.

This is our concern.

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

It's worth pointing out that the shuffling with the 2020 census means that a repeat of Biden's 306-232 map would tighten to 303-235.

Well if they couldn't overturn a 74 EV loss, a 68 EV loss will definitely be overturnable! 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Way to go Nancy, but she's also the most to blame for the ossified, octogenarian wing of the Dem party that is largely responsible for the tone-deaf and ineffective performance of a party that finds its policies overwhelmingly supported by the American people, and yet incapable of winning elections on those issues.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Some with JFK, supposedly. 

Classy.

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Way to go Nancy, but she's also the most to blame for the ossified, octogenarian wing of the Dem party that is largely responsible for the tone-deaf and ineffective performance of a party that finds its policies overwhelmingly supported by the American people, and yet incapable of winning elections on those issues.

OMG! She's not perfect!

Yes, she's part of the old ways that are being shed. She has set up the world where those ways can be shed and a new way to emerge. Pretty good fucking contribution for an octogenarian. She pushed out the ossifying candidate. 

It's not something I'll likely be able to pull off in my 80s.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

How could I have never seen or heard of this American Classic?

On a site note, check out White Fire, another classic from the era, with incest, fluffy 80s hair, Fred Williamson, Belinda Mayne (at her peak) Robert Ginty (at his peak)

NSFW

Spoiler

back to the thread.

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Classy.

OMG! She's not perfect!

Yes, she's part of the old ways that are being shed. She has set up the world where those ways can be shed and a new way to emerge. Pretty good fucking contribution for an octogenarian. She pushed out the ossifying candidate. 

It's not something I'll likely be able to pull off in my 80s.

Prior to the Harris switch, this board (rightfully) spent the last 8-10 years complaining about the National Dem's ineffectiveness, failure to respond, inability to push a coherent message, and negligent ground game. 

So yes, I believe she deserves criticism for the way the National Democratic Party has handled the last decade. Sorry that touched a nerve.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm so glad I found this again.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This chick fucking rules

She really does and she seems like the type to have her shit together.  She'd have your back if a fight broke out at the bowling alley, and I mean that in only the most positive of ways.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Because someone mentioned Frank Putz

image.thumb.png.8a9935162bc55075706c12af653ac001.png

"I would probably be more excited about this take had Frank Luntz not once put me in one of his made-for-TV focus groups because he forgot to screen out participants working in politics or journalism. In Washington DC.

The full story lives here: https://amandahoey.substack.com/p/a-democratic-pollster-in-frank-luntzs "

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

Same.  "The Lord works in mysterious ways!"  The baptist side of my family would vote for Pontius Pilate if he had an R by his name.

I said the same thing to my mom. About her. Except I said she’d vote for Lucifer himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The interview also cast light on the discipline and strategy that has guided the reintroduction of Harris to the voting public. Harris ran for president in 2019–20 without igniting much enthusiasm. As vice president, she made little impact on governance. She campaigned hard in the 2022 midterms. Yet the groups she was supposed to excite—young people, Black Americans, women, and white female college graduates—posted generally lower turnout rates after her 2022 appeals than they did in the midterms of 2018. Before this summer, she was not widely regarded as a political star.

I don't know if the other candidates (including Harris) in 2020 really merit a discussion - it was always going to be Biden in my view.  It felt like "we can't have Obama for a third term, but let's get his VP, Biden!" I could be wrong, frequently am, and I admit to not paying too much attention to the early 2020 primaries, but it just always felt to me like it had to be Biden.

The Republicans and some of the left keep harping on her performance in 2020 and claim she was lackluster and boring, but does it really matter what her campaign was like in 2020 if here in 2024, she's getting people excited and hitting all the right notes?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This will move the needle with Gen Z. It has the Ted Cruz seal of approval.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This will be popular with all the boomers on Facebook and literally nobody else.  

They put Musk's head on the Black guy's body.  I'm sure Musk would be thrilled with that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A lot of people don’t have good first primary campaigns. What matters is now 

Big difference between running against 5+ real candidates with real policy ideas all cloaked in a purity test vs. a head-to-head matchup against a cartoon villain 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Also—I don’t believe the press has “access” to these press conferences and instead they are pre chosen radical right wing news outlets who ask these questions. 

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong…

• Hook 'Em 2